StarCraft® II

using an xbox 360 controller for starcraft 2

im not very capable of using the keyboard to do everything in this game because this is the first computer game Ive ever played in my life. i would like to kno if i can use my Xbox 360 controllers with wireless receivers to play starcraft 2 like i did with halo wars on my windows based PC.
Reply Quote
You most likely could find a way? But you would be so limited that I don't even see the point in trying, instead of just learning to use a mouse and keyboard.
Reply Quote
Might as well just buy StarCraft 64.
Reply Quote
Since when was Halo Wars released on PC?

Also you probably could play SC with a controller, but it's not worth it.
Reply Quote
well i was referring to Xbox 360 controllers. one can only assume u knew i meant for the XBOX 360!
Reply Quote
Oh I misread your original post. Kay. Nevermind my bit about Halo Wars on PC.
Reply Quote
playing starcraft with a controller... oh jesus that would be horrible. have you even played starcraft? no way it would work. Youd be really really really really bad if you used it youd be so limited.
Reply Quote
You would lose every game
Reply Quote
Impossible in my opinion. Even if you could get the program to take it as an input device the GUI would be terribly incompatible...
Reply Quote
Well, I played Warcraft 3 with a controller before. I used switchblade. There are many more programs out there that emulate a mouse for a controller. Not impossible, just confusing.
Reply Quote
This is one of the worst ideas in the long sad history of bad ideas.. Time to learn to use a keyboard and mouse son.
Reply Quote
02/25/2012 09:05 PMPosted by CrashNburn
This is one of the worst ideas in the long sad history of bad ideas.. Time to learn to use a keyboard and mouse son.

It's probably why he's so bad at typing.
Reply Quote
If you were the best player in the entire world and I mean right up there, you'd lose every game playing with a controller lol.
Reply Quote
Actually there are some players playing in masters with a 360 controller. So dont tell him he will lose everygame. Its just practice.

http://www.twitch.tv/sc2cress/c/2235472 see here
Reply Quote
This is possible by installing software and you would use the steering button to move like a mouse and place buildings a, but hot keys and other stuff , you could only build a few structures.
Reply Quote
If you buy a wired 360 controller they have usb plugins and it will probably automatically download the driver for you. If not google the driver and get it from xbox.com. Wireless controllers require you to buy some extra hardware and it ends up not being worth it. That being said if you use a controller in SC2, even if you are terrible with mouse and key board, you will do significantly worse and

06/05/2011 10:08 AMPosted by Desukan
You would lose every game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]