StarCraft® II

Redesign The Siege Tank in HOTS please

In my honest opinion, I like this new design. I've never personally played Brood War, but this new design seems less bulky and more efficient. The spreading legs, in my opinion, look way cooler than simply having stabilizers, giving the tank a more "fortified turret" look. The cannons never struck me as odd... I'd assume the siege shells would need an expanded barrel anyways.

The transformation is a pleasing aesthetic, also.

On the argument that Terrans can't have advanced so quickly in the given amount of time, keep in mind that humans are advancing far faster than one would think, and I believe that that accelerated progress will only increase with the rise in understanding and technology. Long story short, it may be that the farther along you are, the faster you move on the scale of technological progress. I mean, it's not even that big of a change to the siege tank. Just some polished metal, and improved treads and cannons.
Reply Quote
SC2 siege tank is one of the coolest units ever. BW siege tanks only sounded cool, but looked dumb. Only the sound could be improved.
Reply Quote

I agree with the OP in that the Siege Tank is a joke in terms of damage.

I even say this as a Zerg player. When I see a Terran massing tanks I think "Oh, free win!" I can't count how many pro matches I've seen where an army supported by tanks is roflstomped by straight up MARINES.

That's ridiculous.

I know this isn't BW but come on... artillery vs. marines and marines win. We've all seen pro matches where Terran just masses straight bio and rips through mech like it's going out of style. Terran is more like Zerg now and it's kinda lame in my opinion. Siege tanks are just so weak they're laughable.

I don't mind how they look but it is disappointing that what used to be the powerhouse of the Terran army is now a pea-shooter and can be completely shut down by tier 1 tech.

It'd be nice if HotS had better upgrades for tanks, or a "super-tank" unit that was expensive as hell but actually did something.

Again, my main is Zerg - this isn't bias talking. It's just sad to see such an awesome unit so gimped.

Reply Quote
you people nerffed it over a year ago, you can UN nerf it now.

also, reaper speed at engeneering bay, anyone?

hydras that arnt slow beyond all reson off creep?
Reply Quote
06/16/2011 11:09 AMPosted by VenomDelta
hydras that arnt slow beyond all reson off creep?

^This. This I want. I recently switched from Zerg to toss, but even as a different race, I want the old hydras back. At the very least give them a speed upgrade. Also, I want lurkers and reavers back =P
Reply Quote
SC2 Wing of Liberty= IMBA!!!!!!!!!
IMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!=Me mad
SC2 Heart of the swarm buffed tanks=F*cking IMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!
F*cking IMBA!!!!!!!!!=Me pissed the F*CK off so please NERF the damn tank
Reply Quote
SC2 Wing of Liberty= IMBA!!!!!!!!!
IMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!=Me mad
SC2 Heart of the swarm buffed tanks=F*cking IMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!
F*cking IMBA!!!!!!!!!=Me pissed the F*CK off so please NERF the damn tank

Speaking of an alarming amount of fail in one post...
Reply Quote
wow i remeber once back in bw when if i sent a massive group of zerg at a siege tank bunker postion id lose most my wave and retreat now i laugh because those tanks cant one shot my little zergling the weakest unit in the game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]