StarCraft® II

Mechanical Keyboard...

Sup Starcrafter's :P
Im using a SUPER basic logitech keyboard rubber domes, media keys etc... It has served me well... Considering it's been a year and a half and a 30$ pricetag...\

I herd, that mechanical keyboards are THE BOMB...

So I wants one... Cherry MX Black, or Brown Switches??? Which switch is best for a RTS gamer? I play FPS RTS and RPGS... Basically all blizzard games, valve games, and some battlefield thrown into the mix... Blues are a no no, because I live with my fmaily, when im staying up till 3am in the summer, rising through the ranks on starcraft, i don't want to let my entire household know im up by the sound of CLACK CLACK CLACK!...

What brand? What Switch? Why? Please suggest something or just all around help me out, ive read many guides and still havn't reached a decision... When the oppruntunity arises i plan to try out some keyboards if i can by any chance in a retailer.
Reply Quote
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=START+HERE+--+The+Geekhack+Mechanical+Keyboard+Guide+-+Includes+Glossary+and+Links

That is a really awesome lowdown for mechanical keyboards. Pretty much all the basics are there, plus some. One you kind of have an idea what you're shooting for, you can do some more actual product research. :D
Reply Quote
05/26/2011 12:48 AMPosted by NORTHAM
Cherry MX Black, or Brown Switches???

I like the Cherry MX Black - they're pretty loud on my BlackWidow Ultimate, though...

You might like the SteelSeries keyboards. I found they felt as good as my Razer, but were quieter (I picked the Razer because I like the tappity-tap sounds and we have a computer room. :-D)

I wouldn't recommend Razer, though, to be honest... I've bought two of their keyboards - one had issues with the media touchpad (Lycosa), and the BlackWidow had a sticky Left Shift key I had to mess with a bit.
Reply Quote
Black widow ultimate uses Cherry MX blues, not black, blacks are quiet, require you to bottom out the key for actuation and are more difficult to press than blues.

Cherry MX browns are probably your best bet, its that happy medium between the tactile blues, and the quieter blacks, optimally you'd want cherry mx red's or topre switches, but they are VERY hard to come by and are quite expensive.

the DAS silent keyboard is a good choice, it uses browns ^_^ http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional-silent/
Edited by Blargenspeil on 6/3/2011 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Black widow ultimate uses Cherry MX blues, not black, blacks are quiet, require you to bottom out the key for actuation and are more difficult to press than blues.

Cherry MX browns are probably your best bet, its that happy medium between the tactile blues, and the quieter blacks, optimally you'd want cherry mx red's or topre switches, but they are VERY hard to come by and are quite expensive.

the DAS silent keyboard is a good choice, it uses browns ^_^ http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional-silent/
I have the silent and if you are a student there is a discount!
Reply Quote
whats a mech keyboard?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]