StarCraft® II

Story of HotS (It's my guess,spoiler-free)

Warning: POOR GRAMMAR / BAD GRAMMAR

First, Sarah Kerrigen is not the same as the Queen of Blades.

In the orignal Starcraft, when the Zerg capture Sarah Kerrigen, they didn't infest her or change her directly into the Queen of Blades. Instead, the Queen of Blades was a Zerg biological life-form with genes of Sarah Kerrigen.
Simply put, the Queen of Blades is a clone, who may or may not share memories with the Terran Sarah.
They have different personality, but mentally, they're connected. Just like how the cerebrates were connected to the Overmind.

Yes, every "bad things" was done by a clone. To me, something is controlling the Queen of blades, causing her to invades other races, and also force her to follow the Xel'Naga Prophesy. (She told to Zeratul to give up, the prophesy cannot be change. My guess is that this Prophesy is the "plan" that "some one" is working on.)

In WoL, Jim Raynor rescued the clone. The "Sarah" who telepathicly spoke to him is the real Sarah, who's in hibernation all these years inside the Zerg Hive that the Queen of Blades is living in.

The Queen may or may not know the real Sarah's existen.
The Xel'Naga prophesy is about Sarah save the world, not the Queen of Blades.

Either way, the Xel'Naga artifact break the mental connection between the "some one" and the Queen of blades.

In HotS, we play as the original Terran Sarah, who's in hibernation inside the main zerg hive. Due the destruction that Jim Raynor caused in the last mission in Wol, Sarah Kerrigen awakes.
Sarah still has her weapons and ghost-shirt that she was wearing when she was captured.

"Some one", this time, start to taking control of Sarah's mind. that why her behavior seems much darker than she should be. (And in the leaked ending, the Queen of Blades' behavior seems much less dark, because she wasn't under control.)

Half way through the game (HotS), Sarah will discover she's not the Queen of blades, and will try to hide to truth from the Zerg. Yet the Zerg still discover the truth, leaves Sarah, and follows the Queen of blades. (Just like Izsha said in the First mission of HotS, that she will follow only the strongest.)

In rage, Sarah tries to regain control of the Zerg but failed. Later She gets captured by Mengsk.

From the leaked ending of HotS we can see that Mengsk push a button, some how hurts a human form Sarah, and cause damage to the Queen of Blades. But now, it all makes sense.
Mengsk captured the read Sarah. Since Sarah and the Queen of Baldes are some what mentally connected, if Mengsk kill Sarah, the Queen of Blades should be hurt if not killed. The only reason why Mengsk didn't kill Sarah right away is probably he wants to use her power or what so ever.

As Mengsk was killed, Sarah failed to claim control of the swarm, and the Queen of Blades is a leader with free will, the zerg is free.( Just like what she said in the leak ending.)

As for the last expansion, I guess we have to deal with the "Some one"
Reply Quote
interesting...you know what is the bad thing?
is that everyone will speculate and with 100000 people speculating 1 will be correct and we will have "no expectation"
Reply Quote
The leaked ending has been pretty much universally debunked.
Reply Quote
Unless they retcon things, no. We know the QoB had to get her ghost inhibitors removed in the original game, so she definitely was the same Kerrigan.
Reply Quote
05/31/2011 04:21 PMPosted by DoubleGuac
The leaked ending has been pretty much universally debunked.

Not really. That was probably part of the original Ghost program, and she simply had a device inserted into her to kill her should she go rogue. Human in vat does not = necessarily a clone.

The QoB is Sarah Kerrigan; She just got de-infested at the end of WoL, though she doesn't remember her actions as QoB, because she is no longer part of the Hive Mind, nor is she mentally Zerg anymore. There are 4 options for what we saw in the HotS ending video:
1. It's a WIP, and back then they didn't have Kerrigan's final de-infested model.
2. Kerrigan has different battle focuses she can use; Perhaps each different one gives her a different form? Or perhaps it simply changes her look depending on which you use more. Or perhaps she has an ability in one of the 4 focuses where she can turn at will into the QoB.
3. It was an alternate ending that was changed. Perhaps for WoL?
4. Kerrigan might regain her infestation, but keep her humanity this time around.

As for the lines she says, and her seeming to be ready to murder others, they are placeholder and aren't even all the lines that she said in the demo; Apparently she gets pretty sick at the end of the Kaldir mission, of killing innocents, namely the Protoss, who merely got in the way because they thought she was still a threat, when she meant them no harm, actually.

Also, this isn't really spoiler-free. :P
Reply Quote
I got the impression from the "Leaked Ending" that the seen with Sara in a tank was showing something from the past, such as the device being inserted into her
Reply Quote
05/31/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Psycho
I got the impression from the "Leaked Ending" that the seen with Sara in a tank was showing something from the past, such as the device being inserted into her

ah, this is much more acceptable.
I always wonder if Mengsk can kill Sarah so easily, why didn't he do that in the first place..
Reply Quote
I've thought about the Hyperion getting destroyed in the beginning of HoTs. *Shrug*

But this seems too much like Mass Effect 2.
Edited by Dreadnaught on 5/31/2011 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The trigger Mengsk uses in the video is probably very limited range and requires them to be in the same room or something.
Reply Quote
05/31/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Psycho

This.

Kerrigan in the tank looks very young/
Reply Quote
I thought I read "spoiler-free" in the title? lol
Reply Quote
Actually kerrigan has a clone of herself. Its a zerg memory storage, while she was the Queen of blades, called Izsha
Edited by Rawzen on 6/1/2011 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
uh...no.
Reply Quote
Sounds asinine, and I've been drinking.
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Rawzen
Actually kerrigan has a clone of herself. Its a zerg memory storage, while she was the Queen of blades, called Izsha

Actually, Izsha is an infested adjutant...
Reply Quote
did u watch tha teaser? she's in a terran lab...
Reply Quote
The teaser trailer does not take place on the Hyperion. The corridors are too big to be apart of any ship. Furthermore, the corridors don't even look like anything on the Hyperion.
Reply Quote
Plus, raynor hits the hidden door, and he seems surprised. If it was his ship he would have know the door was there.
Reply Quote
Sarah on HotS isnt a clone . . . why would she have zerg "dreds" if she was a clone?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]