StarCraft® II

Hydralisks-Possible upgrade to Hunter Killer?

Just thinking about the whole "Buy all the upgrades, make it into an entirely new unit" concept that seems to be going on in HotS. Everyone has seen the Raptor/Swarmling and such and we all know how we feel about getting our hydras to not be so darn weak. So do you think they'll do hunter killer's as one option like in SC1 and BW?

Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated
Edited by Balfouja on 6/1/2011 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Good idea for single player...dont see it happending in multiplayer
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 06:01 AMPosted by Tyrant
Good idea for single player...dont see it happending in multiplayer
Yeah i'm talking single player. The MP standpoint will probably be similar to WoL
Reply Quote
if there wasn't a hunter killer line of hydras in the campaign I would be surprised.
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 06:31 AMPosted by RaiderLD
if there wasn't a hunter killer line of hydras in the campaign I would be surprised.
I'm just aiming more towards the idea of upgrading all future hydralisks into hunter killer's during a campaign playthrough
Reply Quote
Hydralisk:

#1 Muscular implants
Increase the Hydralisks' speed by 50%

#2 Grooved spines
Increase hydralisks range by 2

#3 Kaiser Scythe
Increase dmg when in melee range.

Evolution

Hunter Killer
Spines pierce through units in a straight line for up to 4 targets.

Basilisk
Spines are imbued with corrosive poison splashing on impact doing small AoE dmg.
Edited by Nonamesleft on 6/1/2011 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hunter killers were in wings of liberty.
Reply Quote
Hydralisk:

#1 Muscular implants

#2 Grooved spines

#3 Kaiser Scythe

Evolution

Hunter Killer

Basilisk
Spines are imbued with corrosive poison splashing on impact doing small AoE dmg.
Is this an idea or is it legit? O.o
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 07:44 AMPosted by Brathearon
where?
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Fadadio
where?

when kerrigan attacked in the last mission, i thought she brought hunter killers with her. not completely sure though.
Reply Quote
Hydralisk:

#1 Muscular implants

#2 Grooved spines

#3 Kaiser Scythe

Evolution

Hunter Killer

Basilisk
Is this an idea or is it legit? O.o

Just the fanboy in me wishing :( but I think they aren't very far from the real deal considering the other units upgrades.
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 03:30 PMPosted by TheKillers
where?

when kerrigan attacked in the last mission, i thought she brought hunter killers with her. not completely sure though.

Yeah I'm almost certain in All In (maybe only on harder difficulties?) Kerrigan brings a guard of HKs with her. Might be easy to miss since you're likely focusing on killing her and the tanks melt them in seconds anyway.
Reply Quote
Hydralisk:

#1 Muscular implants

#2 Grooved spines

#3 Kaiser Scythe

Evolution

Hunter Killer

Basilisk

Dude. Lurkers.
Reply Quote
Hydralisk:

#1 Muscular implants

#2 Grooved spines

#3 Kaiser Scythe

Evolution

Hunter Killer

Basilisk

Dude. Lurkers.
Um. That isn't really an upgrade so much as a mutation. Zerglings become banelings. Hydras become lurkers. I'm pretty sure when it boils down to it that you can make whatever banelings out of swarmlings/raptors...so why wouldn't you be able to make a lurker from whatever upgraded hydra? And hell now i'm just waiting on LotV because toss is my favorite race...WoL was great and all but some of the campaign missions were too similar...nothing but hold out, build up for like twelve minutes, then roflstomp.
Reply Quote
Bumping my own thread. Lets get some discussion on in here about what we think would be cool!
Reply Quote
Ultralisk upgrades:

Brutalisk. Has ranged air attacks and melee blades for ground. To balance probably does less damage on the ground and has less armor.

Tarrasque. Extra armor and life regen while burrowed Kaiser blades deal more damage and have a range of 2. Meaning you can use them with zerglings and still have them hit the target.

I have some half baked thoughts about others but that's what I had that was better thought out.
Reply Quote
Hmm...

Evolution
-Hunter Killers: hydralisks with greater health and extra damage in the form of a staking DoT component from envenomed or corrosive spines.
-Terralysk: hydralisks with greater speed and the ability to move while burrowed. Perfect for assembling a stealth force in conjunction with tunneling roaches, infestors, and probably stealthed Kerrigan.
Reply Quote
Hmm...

Evolution
-Hunter Killers: hydralisks with greater health and extra damage in the form of a staking DoT component from envenomed or corrosive spines.
-Terralysk: hydralisks with greater speed and the ability to move while burrowed. Perfect for assembling a stealth force in conjunction with tunneling roaches, infestors, and probably stealthed Kerrigan.

I like the Terralysk. Very cool concept.
Reply Quote
Reminds me of the Orc race upgrade in Warcraft 3, where you could give them Berserk upgrade... could be great for the Zergs... and even Protoss...! ^-^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]