StarCraft® II

Torrasque, Omegalisk as Ultralisk evolutions!

So, I was thinking, how many of us would not love to see the self-reviving Torrasque and the spine-crawler-laden Omegalisk?

I could personally see these become the respective glowy-green and purple evolutions of the Ultralisk. Hey, maybe the Omegalisk can use its tentacles to pierce infantry or cause AoE damage from time to time, or pick up infantry and throw them away from itself, stunning them. Whereas the Torrasque could simply come back to life or regenerate life in some original way different from the Thor (Immortality Protocol) and Roach (Rapid Regeneration).

So, who's with me?
Reply Quote
why does everyone want torrasque back? he wasnt just a beefed up ultra he was THE beefed up ultra R.I.P torrasque. but on a more searius note were not geting torrasque back.

EDIT the omegalisk dosent have spines...
Edited by zergalisk on 6/1/2011 6:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
am..mmm...mm...

maybe the brutalisc O.o or the "abomitation"

Reply Quote
correct me if i am wrong but wasn't the torrasque basically an ultralisk just being pumped up and micro'd by a cerebrate. which is why once the cerebrate was killed you didn;t have to deal with it anymore.
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Raptor
"abomitation"
I stoped reading there. No WOW @!#!
Edited by zergalisk on 6/1/2011 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
why does everyone want torrasque back? he wasnt just a beefed up ultra he was THE beefed up ultra R.I.P torrasque. but on a more searius note were not geting torrasque back.

EDIT the omegalisk dosent have spines...

In the original concept it does. In-game it's known as the "Uberlisk", and it has been shown off in a video that demonstrated the Editor's abilities.
Edited by Alexander on 6/1/2011 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i dont think ultralisk will change to brutalisk well probably get it as a seperate unit

I stoped reading there. No WOW @!#!

ummi think he meant the 4 legged thing you see on some colony missions called abomination...
Thats the abbertion witch is infested. As in it resembles nothing to an Ultralisk.
Edited by zergalisk on 6/1/2011 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Alexander
use its tentacles to pierce infantry

We don't need more medic+sunken colony.
Reply Quote
The Uberlisk is an odd idea yes, but it could work.

I want the Torrasque back though...dead torrasque? Nope. It'll revive itself. How can you get better than that? I just say we have it a campaign upgrade.

Torrasque/Brutalisk for upgrade. I'd say Torrasque...;D
Reply Quote
Torrasque always reminded me of the classic D&D monster the Terrasque, who is a huge rampaging moster that cannot really be fully killed but just made to slumber again. I would love to see some more lore on this monster. It was basically a body guard for the overmind.
Reply Quote
Torrasque always reminded me of the classic D&D monster the Terrasque, who is a huge rampaging moster that cannot really be fully killed but just made to slumber again. I would love to see some more lore on this monster. It was basically a body guard for the overmind.
That's said to be the inspiration for it.

I think the thing about it not dying, was just that it was specially modified by a cerebrate to basically be it's movable body, so it's "mind" was really just the cerebrate, and it could keep producing more bodies just like you make more zerglings.

And, if I recall correctly, there's some lore about a being called the "Wise Old Torrasque" that lead a brood of it's own, without a cerebrate.
Reply Quote
06/01/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Alexander
use its tentacles to pierce infantry

Thats what she said
Reply Quote

Tarrasque :D. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/tarrasque
Reply Quote
We should have pygalisks at hatch tech, upgrade into ultralisks lair tech (with stats reduced), then omegalisk at hive tech!!!
Reply Quote
I think it'd be pretty cool to see the Torrasque playing an absurdly durable meat-shield role, while the Omegalisk is the more offensive, let-this-thing-reach-you-and-you're-screwed type unit. Maybe the Torrasque gains a bunch of HP and some method of reincarnation (though I struggle to conceive of a method different than the Thor's that wouldn't be overpowered in the campaign), while the Omegalisk gets those massive tentacles that attack independently at slightly-beyond-melee range, increasing its dps.

Speculation, speculation, but the Torrasque and Omegalisk were both really cool concepts that are already partially fleshed out, and I can't imagine better evolutions.
Reply Quote
Tarrasque :D. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/tarrasque

6 hours ago

Dear god, now it has a leap attack. Fighting the damn thing just isn't an option. Maybe a ridiculous combinations of meta magic and soul traps.
Reply Quote
What about Stank from Left 2 Die?
Reply Quote
Omegalisk with spines!

http://starcraft.wikia.com/index.php?title=Omegalisk&image=Omegalisk_SC2_Cncpt1-jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]