StarCraft® II

Theory for why Kerrigan may not be "with" Jim

In the gameplay teaser trailer, one of the frames shows the planet Char selected, with a description entailing that General Warfield is purging the rest of the swarm on the planet. To me, this shows that during that mission you will be fighting Warfield's forces, and either one of two may/have happen:

1.) Kerrigan is going completley against everyone, including Jimmy and his now somewhat-allied dominion forces.
-OR-
2.) Jimmy just bailed on everything and is sticking by Kerrigans side, removing Valerian as an ally.

Although I personally am leaning towards # 2, I couldn't see how Jimmy would make it off the planet with an entire fleet of dominion forces who see him as a traitor.

Lemme know whatcha think!
Reply Quote
i think kerrigan is going to do what ever she likes and rayner is just gonna wine and sob
Reply Quote
judging from that one scene with nova and her goon squad having infiltrated what appears to be the hyperion it may be possible that the dominion backstabbed raynor after the events on char(big shocker there) and while unable to capture/kill kerrigan they may have managed to take raynor.

This could give kerrigan another motivation for regaining control of the zerg, to help rescue her boyfriend from menkse.
Reply Quote
Kerrigan had to be extremely weakened after the artifact got to her. Her expressions in the final scene show this. Raynor brought her back, Dominion took her and he said
Nooooooo
They then proceeded to take her to a lab and Raynor got off of Char barely probably with some old ship/hyperion but either one is hard to imagine with a dominion fleet around.
Reply Quote
the reason kerrigan isn't with jimmy, is because she Gots INFESTED, Obviously.

and if u followed everything, u'll know that she wasn't exactly herslef

and now, she has a duty to follow besideds retiring and going to paris with jimmy
Reply Quote
06/02/2011 03:37 PMPosted by mengskic
i think kerrigan is going to do what ever she likes and rayner is just gonna wine and sob

sounds like sylvannas dayum them crazy *@@%!es always being crazy
Reply Quote
I see these possibilities:

1) Valerian back-stabs Raynor and confiscates Kerrigan for study. Mengsk sends a task force to assassinate Kerrigan while disciplining his wayward son.

2) Valerian is working with Raynor and Kerrigan is very weak/injured. They bring her aboard one of Valerian's science vessels with superior labs to try and heal her. Or they're trying to make sure she's still not infested. Mengsk sends a task force with Nova to assassinate Kerrigan.

As for the end results. . .

1) Kerrigan once again runs off with everyone hot on her heels to try and reform the swarm (I hope not).

2) Either Kerrigan or attacks help convince Valerian and Raynor that Kerrigan needs to bring the swarm under her control again because it's going to run amok. They probably really don't like this option because it looks like Broodwar all over again.

3) Raynor KNOWS about the prophecy -- he runs off or busts Kerrigan out in order to have her rebuild her swarm to defeat the hybrids. Once she's free and somewhat safe, he runs off to try and regather a force to help with the hybrids while she goes after the swarm.

I'm actually kind of glad to see Nova again.
Reply Quote
The expo page seems to indicate that he's gone missing.
Reply Quote
06/03/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Maddog
The expo page seems to indicate that he's gone missing.

That and Browder's interview, shown in GameTrailers.

From what I can indicate, it'll look like Raynor was either taken in, killed or greatly injured while aiding Sarah during the Dominion attack on the Moebius Facility. Struck with fury and indignation after the trouble Raynor went for her, she'll do him a favor as much as for herself: End Mengsk.

That's the only possible explanation I can think of.
Reply Quote
If you played the side missions with the protoss artifact given to raynor by zeratul, then you know how the protoss expansion is going to end under the current circumstances. The hybrids made the comment in the final mission that we foolishly vanquished the only person that could have stopped them thinking she was the enemy.

Now in essence, we kinda did take Kerrigan out of the picture when we stripped her of her powers, so the events in zeratuls premonition will still come to pass. Jim knows it, as does zeratul, and kerrigan. It would be in hers and everyone elses interest to rally her swarm and her powers back to change this future that we saw in zeratuls vision.

And of course the confederacy is full of a bunch of space honkies that think they know whats best, and of course would never want her to rise to power again because of the complete and total biatch she was in the first place. And jim wouldnt want her to go back to the swarm cuz, well, hes had a chub for her ever since the first terran campaign. So she would most likely need to set out on this venture alone and encounter resistance from her own race.

I would imagine that zeratul, in his infinite wisdom, would probably help her achieve this goal in an effort to change his ominous vision of the future.

Remember though that this is merely speculation, and who knows how things will turn out. But with most bliz games, the bad guy always comes out on top at the end.
Reply Quote
It's simple, isn't it? Kerrigan loves Jimmy too much to endanger him by taking him along with her to re-capture her brood. She doesn't want him to get hurt.
Edited by DreadedKanuk on 6/3/2011 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1) Valerian back-stabs Raynor and confiscates Kerrigan for study. Mengsk sends a task force to assassinate Kerrigan while disciplining his wayward son.

2) Valerian is working with Raynor and Kerrigan is very weak/injured. They bring her aboard one of Valerian's science vessels with superior labs to try and heal her. Or they're trying to make sure she's still not infested. Mengsk sends a task force with Nova to assassinate Kerrigan.

its possible Mengsk isnt behind Nova being there

I doubt that very much. I still think Valerian takes Kerrigan back to try and "re-socialize" her like they do with the regular military conscripts (hence why she's in the ghost uniform) but this ultimately fails/is interrupted by Nova's attack because Daddy wants Sarah dead.

Valerian doesn't want her dead because she's too valuable, both as a propaganda tool (he says in WoL he wants to "reform the greatest mass-murderer in Terran history" and as a soldier - Even before she became infested her abilities as a Ghost were legendary.

And in her weakened state she's probably very susceptible to any kind of influence be it drugs or whatever the hell they do to "reform" people into the military.
Edited by Malacite on 6/3/2011 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^ again, highly unlikely. Nothing but baseless speculation. Nova doesn't strike me as the type to just turn traitor & run.
Edited by Malacite on 6/3/2011 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^ again, highly unlikely. Nothing but baseless speculation. Nova doesn't strike me as the type to just turn traitor & run.

You're accusing him of baseless assumptions while making baseless assumptions yourself.

Irony.

Nova could have been captured by the Umojans or Raynors troops and could be working for them now. We don't know anything about the game so all we can do is assume.
Edited by Praetorian on 6/3/2011 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]