Theory for why Kerrigan may not be "with" Jim

Kerrigan is likely ditching everyone, and undertakes a journey of self discovery/rediscovery. At the end she'll end up with her "queen of blades" magnitude of powers but without the zerg hardwired appetite for destroying the protoss and everything else.
Reply Quote
Aren't we forgetting that Kerrigan does have memory problems and remembers little if anything of her time as the Queen of Blades? The most we know is that she has seen "blood and fire" and done "terrible things". This is very very vague and in all reality Kerrigan could be suffering from dehabilitating amnesia with no knowledge about Raynor's involvement etc etc.

Again, baseless speculation but Kerrigan seems to be born again in HotS in more ways then just physically. The fact that she also has advisors now has got me interested because I remember a tidbit of lore on how Kerrigan used to be experimenting with new types of Cerebrates, including human cerebrates that retain their personalities despite being infested and also being able to lead small numbers of zerg.

Reply Quote
I personally think Jimmy boy will get captured and the Protoss will save him before he gets executed... you know, returning the favor.
Reply Quote
My two cents, hope this isn't too long.

As Tassadar explained, the Overmind was 'infected' with a forced will of attrition to conquer and destroy the galaxy. When Kerrigan was created, we can assume she too, was embedded with this deep rooted core 'override' command. So, by her now being free in a sense, but still able to assume control due to still being at least partially- if still not wholly (though weakened) infected, she can assume control of the swarm without that influence. With the small details they've given us, if this new queen whom is trying to assume control gains it, then the swarm will still fall to the dark voice's command. I think that Kerrigan possibly understands this during some event between the end of wol, and the beginning of hots. I also believe she may simply go and try to understand herself, while trying to help Jim preventing this by simply leaving him to whatever he wishes. Obviously she wouldn't want Jim to follow her, it's likely not even Kerrigan is fully certain she can still control the broods. Though, with the teaser, I think a more likely possibility is her simply leaving after her reawakened state aboard that ship.

Either way, guess we'll find out soon enough.
Reply Quote
Edited by Kalcros on 2/19/2012 1:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well in the description for the story, it clearly says that Jim is missing...Anyone else think that Mengsk took him prisoner finally and is using him as bait to get Sarah?

I think she'll spend the campaign time strengthening the swarm and trying to figure out where Jim is when she realizes he's gone. As long as they don't cannon it and make it so your choose if he lives or dies...that'd be stupid.
Reply Quote
Well in the description for the story, it clearly says that Jim is missing...Anyone else think that Mengsk took him prisoner finally and is using him as bait to get Sarah?

I think she'll spend the campaign time strengthening the swarm and trying to figure out where Jim is when she realizes he's gone. As long as they don't cannon it and make it so your choose if he lives or dies...that'd be stupid.

Agreed on both points.
Reply Quote
from what i think, mencks shows up with the other half of the fleet, cuts his sons alowance to only 5000000000 a week, and captures raynor, of course after a tutorial mission tied into the actual story like mine this and that and make this to heal kerrigan yay, and captures kerrigan. Then the raiders show nova (who was in the final battle of wol lore wise) the prophecy in the rock zeratul gave raynor in wol, she infiltrates the flag ship and sets raynor free they stealth around get raynor a gun, concidering raynor saved dominion units in wol, some marines help him and they take over the ship and are running away, but mengsk got the specters to kill kerrigan, she "awakens" by the looks of it, and then **!% happens
Reply Quote
What if Nova got her memory back from the memory wipe and is helping tosh and the raiders now? (don't know what im talking about read starcraft ghost academy)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]