StarCraft® II

ROGTARholy's Text Adventure

Posts: 434
(Link to Archive: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3082078342?page=1#1)
(Link to Part Two: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3082028338?page=1#0)

For those of you new to this, I start a story, characters, places, things, you give the action of the main character, who shall be named by you the readers. This story works by me taking your commands and you seeing the outcomes. The first poster below story posts by me are in charge of how the story moves on from there.

(Parentheses are notes by me, the author, to you or commentators on the story. I say what I say here, but these do not necessarily reflect actual story content, but may reflect story votes.)

{Now that we have that out of the way, let me say that credit for the idea goes to Zorca and his story. Now let us begin...)



You start to regain consciousness in a room filled with light, you keep your eyes closed so as to slowly get used to your surroundings. There are others in the room, you sense them and can hear them communicating about you, your health, and your well-being. You sense worry in their tones, but you cannot understand them just yet.

As you get used to the intensity of the light you try to remember what happened and where you are. Thinking hard, you only remember bug-like animals tearing through walls in a burned building. You remember suddenly that the name of these creatures are Zerglings, and then everything else is a blank. Your concern and shock are noticed by the room's other occupants. You...

(Here is where you, the posters, are to pick an action. It is open ended and you can do whatever you want, for the most part. The next poster along will guide this story in the next actions whether it be kill the entire planet, or babysit a ravenous baneling, the next part of the story is determined by you. So, the race is on to see who shall be the first person to guide this part of the story)
Edited by ROGTARholy on 8/24/2011 9:49 PM PDT
Posts: 173
You try to calm yourself down, as you do not yet trust, nor know these people. You then listen intently to the others.
Posts: 434
Keeping calm and feigning rest, you attempt to listen to what they are saying. "It seems he is awake, yet he attempts to feign sleep. Rise Great One so that we may ascertain the extent of your injuries." You hear this voice, and yet do not hear it. This alarms you somewhat as you do not understand. Opening your eyes you see the two figures. Their mouth-less faces and bright eyes look at you in delight at your recovery.

The olive-drab on the right 'speaks' to you with a soothing feminine tone, "Executor, I'm sure you must be in need of rest, but we need your advice on what to do."

You listen calmly, still unsure of what to do but reserving judgment on whether to trust these Protoss. As you await for this "Executor" to respond the masculine grey Protoss on the left seems to realize something.

"You do not remember us do you Executor? I do not sense any recognition from you, and i also sense you do not trust us." He gestures to the olive-drab in sadness. "I believe our beloved Executor has suffered amnesia, what are we to do now Solaris?"

"We can do nothing now, pull back the fleet, prepare to warp out of the area, we must tend to our Executor's wounds."

You sense the fleet preparing to move out, the organized chaos that is the Protoss within the Khala. As orders start to move off the male Protoss comes closer and asks you "Executor, you may not remember us or any of our names, maybe you do not remember your own, but you are still in charge. Do you wish for Preator Solaris's orders to continue or do you believe that you are well enough to take command?"

You...
Posts: 1,122
You say that you are feeling better and proceed to the bridge of the flagship. You see a series of runes stateing the name of the ship "The Ravenous Spirit".
Posts: 434
The male Protoss prods you again, "Executor, I am Praetor Hamas, and I must know if you wish for us to retreat?"

You can feel the flurry of activity being engaged as the ships around start their countdowns, and you sense a small growing anxiety from certain members of the crew as well. You tell Hamas "Praetor Solaris may be right in her appropriation of command, but I cannot make any decision here. Lead me to the bridge so that I may know the extent of ourselves and our foes."

Hamas fave beams with pride and admiration as he leads you through hallways to the bridge. You recognize various bits and pieces as you walk with him but cannot recall details as you hurry along.

As you enter the bridge Solaris and the bridge crew turn to see you and are shocked that you have come so quickly. You notice runes that depict the name of the ship as "The Ravenous Spirit" and that the crew's spirits seem to be uplifted at your sight, although near the left of the bridge some of the crewers are growing more anxious. As the crew returns to their duties Solaris comes to you. "Executor, I had not thought you would have recovered so quickly, if your memories are back I may relinquish my command, but if you are not well, I suggest you rest while i command the fleet's retreat."

Hamas steps back in shock. "How dare you order our Executor around, memories or not he is an Executor, more experienced and powerful then all of us here."

Solaris counters, "He was our Executor, now he is a Protoss who has lost his memory of war and battle. He continues to hold rank, but as I see it he is currently unfit to wear it."

You stand there observing this conflict between what appears to be your two most trusted lieutenants, and feel the rest of the crew continuing their actions, while the crewmen on the left seem to grow more fearful and anxious.

You...
Edited by ROGTARholy on 6/24/2011 12:46 PM PDT
Posts: 936
Telepathically say "mooo" and then say: "Yes ill take charge and follow the orders and hand me some of zorca's oragn- oh wait i forgot I don't have a mouth."
Edit: Crap I took to long to post lol.evil 3 minuets >.<
Edited by Sixel on 6/6/2011 1:48 PM PDT
Posts: 936
You stand there observing this conflict between what appears to be your two most trusted lieutenants, and feel the rest of the crew continuing their actions, while the crewmen on the left seem to grow more fearful and anxious.

You...

Say: "Full scale retreat! Then we can all play the Terran's game called Dance Dance revolution back on Shukuras."
Posts: 1,122
Say: "Full scale retreat! Then we can all play the Terran's game called Dance Dance revolution back on Shukuras
(WTF LMAFO)
Posts: 936
06/06/2011 03:57 PMPosted by Galvian
(WTF LMAFO)

I was bored so I wrote that. I know ROGTARholy won't mind much ;)
Posts: 434
You get the inclination that the full scale retreat is the correct move and choose not to stop Solaris's decision. For some reason you also get an errant thought about playing some Terran game call Dance Dance Revolution, whatever that could be.

A call comes from the crewmen on the left as you attempt to puzzle out where this though could have come from. "Zerg Swarm has enveloped our warp point, there is no escape from them!"

Solaris turns her attention to the crewmen, directing calming telepathic senses to them. "We will push through their forces and continue on. Have the Relinquisher and the Grand Justice launch all interceptors and Phoenix, also tell them to cover the fleet as we jump."

Hamas stares in utter surprise. "Are you insane? Having them launch and cover us as well will be suicidal for them. It would be quite literally leaving them behind to be consumed by the Zerg." He looks to you, "Executor please take charge, must you leave any Protoss behind for our own survival?"

Solaris comes close to Hamas and glares at him not 5 inches away, "You may be young but the Fall of Auir was well within your lifetime. Remember how many were left behind so that our brethren could retreat to Shakuras? Remember the loss of heroes such as Tassadar and Fenix? Their falls allowed the majority of our race to escape, now others must emulate what they have done. Their sacrifices shall not be in vain."

As Hamas stands dumbfounded, Solaris moves back to the command chair. "Executor, come and see this. If you have any knowledge, memory, experience, anything that might have us continue on, please take this weight back and lead our fleet to victory."

You look at her and feel the emotional dread of what shall come from her orders. You then look on the tactical Hologram that shows your fleet and the Zerg Swarm. Ten Carrier-class vessels, two Arbiter-class, and fourteen Scout/Corsair Escorts are under the fleet's command. The Zerg appear to have seven Devourers, eight Corrupters, and forty Mutalisks interspersed by numerous Scourge within the system. Zerg have clustered near the warp point, while an asteroid field is off to the right only three kilometers away. The Zerg have surrounded the entire fleet, but are concentrated at the warp point two kilometers away.

With this knowledge and Solaris's current plan of retreat, you know that it's possible to still take command if you so choose, as by rank you are the Executor, although by Solaris's declaration you are still struggling to remember battle tactics.

You...

(Don't worry, I'm keeping a point of having even the most outrageous things in the story, even by smaller standards or possibly story changing ones, as for me taking the 2nd post, same poster, different post :p. nice try trying to trip me up Sixel)
Edited by ROGTARholy on 8/10/2011 8:34 PM PDT
Posts: 1,122
You then tell the carriers to launch the intercepters at the scourges and kite them, the arbiters sneak around the brood and recall your corsiers and scouts so that you can flank the enemy. the scouts focus on taking out the corrupters and devourers. if all else fails you retreat to the asteroid field and engage with the intercepters.
Posts: 688
06/06/2011 01:53 PMPosted by Sixel
Say: "Full scale retreat! Then we can all play the Terran's game called Dance Dance revolution back on Shukuras."


LMFAO! That's gotta be the best comment i've ever seen on these forums ever!
Posts: 434
You say "Solaris I shall take command, have all Carriers launch Interceptors and Phoenix to destroy the Scourge, assign four Corsairs to escort the Arbiters as they move into a flanking formation, when they arrive I want a recall of all Escort class ships and have the Scouts focus on the Armored Zerg. Phoenix shall remain with our Carriers and fight off the Light Zerg, the Corsairs shall perform the same function for our Arbiters."

The entire bridge looks at you then towards Solaris. She glares at them. "He is the Executor, follow his orders!" The bridge explodes into action as the fleet takes a new formation.

Solaris gives her seat up to you as Hamas comes up to your side. "I knew you would take command and give us victory!" Hamas beams with pride. Solaris comes up behind him and kicks him in the knee to have him kneel. "This battle is NOT won yet, it has barely even begun, stop acting like a child and look before you as the fight truly begins!" Hamas gives Solaris a vengeful look but says nothing.

You view the fleet starting to perform your orders through the hologram. The Interceptors and Phoenix are launched from the Carriers and the Arbiters start to push toward a weaker section of the Zerg encirclement. Interceptors attack the Scourge inside the heaviest part of the formation, dogfights erupt as similarly sized foes dodge and duck, each trying to avoid each others threats and dishing their own. The Phoenix stay at the forward arc of the Carriers' formation making potshots at the Mutalisks and Scourge that attempt to attack the Carrier formations.

The Arbiters get into position after a short skirmish, and recall the the Escort class ships. Scouts and Corsairs move among the Zerg, diverting their attention from the Carrier fleet.

A sudden Psionic burst blows through ALL combatants. Protoss and Zerg Alike are stunned by this sudden burst of Psionic Energy. The Zerg, influenced by the Overseers and Overlords among them, reorganize and start to swarm and concentrate solely on the Arbiter force as their fleet recover. Some of your Carrier's bridge crew have become catatonic, and you feel the other carriers around you are not fully combat ready as well.

Solaris and Hamas are recovered and see the situation. Hamas shows fear and hesitancy, but says "We must go to their aid! Those Zerg may have used a new weapon on us but we must save our brethren!" Solaris falters but straightens mentioning "Many of our crewmen in our carriers are incapable of combat, not to mention the pilots of the Phoenix, Corsairs, and Scouts. I'll get back to you on this so-called 'Zerg Super-weapon' but as it stand now or combat capabilities are reduced, my advice is to recover what we can, having the Arbiters Stasis and move in between us and the Zerg."

You look on as the Zerg starts to swarm the Arbiter force. A crewman calls out "The Arbiter Force is asking for orders, he states that ten of the Escorts are still alive and of them seven are active, and they have enough energy for a Stasis or a Recall."

You order...
Edited by ROGTARholy on 6/8/2011 12:40 PM PDT
Posts: 1,122
You order for the arbiters to recall the carrier fleet and have it act as a barrier between the zerg and your forces. You also order for the interceptors to flyby the remaining armored zerg and if they are heavily damaged for them to ram into the zerg.
Posts: 5,113
You order the phoenix still conscious to gravity beam and move the ships that cant move.


Retreat to the asteroid belt where your own ship's computers can calculate and avoid asteroid collisions, the zerg do not have this advantage and many will be crushed by the thankless rocks.
Posts: 1,122
but the pheonixs can't move if they're using the gravation beam and the zerg are wayy smaller in comparison to the carriers and can easily move around the asteroids
Posts: 936
06/06/2011 07:51 PMPosted by ROGTARholy
Don't worry, I'm keeping a point of having even the most outrageous things in the story, even by smaller standards or possibly story changing ones

If IAreLemons ever sees this then he'll end up say and you 'suddenly decide to gnaw off the protoss's arm', although protoss don't have mouths.
Posts: 936
You order for the arbiters to recall the carrier fleet and have it act as a barrier between the zerg and your forces. You also order for the interceptors to flyby the remaining armored zerg and if they are heavily damaged for them to ram into the zerg.

This ^
Posts: 1,522
im sorry but between zorca and panda im kinda text adventured out, that being said: SPAWN ADDITIONAL PYLONS
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]