StarCraft® II

I want to make a bet that Narud is not Duran.

(Locked)

Yes, I want to bet with anyone and all of you who think that Narud is Duran.

No offense, but I just find it extremely dumb for you to believe that they are the same person, and I am completely sure that, no matter how much Blizzard has dissapointed me over the last time in terms of storytelling, I know that they wouldn't fall that much (yes, for me Narud and Duran being the same person is worse than all of WoL's flaws together).

So let's bet.

I can't think of nothing that we could use as bet reward... not money because everyone will backup, and I want to be as legit and honorable about this.

Maybe some kind of favor, I have some skills at graphic design, I know spanish, so any favor regarding those skills I can offer.

Or maybe it could be something shameful, I don't know, I'm open to ideas, I just want to make the bet with all of you and make you feel extremely dumb with yourselves for even considering the possibility that Duran is Narud.
I hope you win.
He will.
Umm I don't know if you noticed this but Duran is a black dude with a beret and Narud is an old white guy. They're clearly not the same person..

LOLZ
/THREAD
Umm I don't know if you noticed this but Duran is a black dude with a beret and Narud is an old white guy. They're clearly not the same person..

LOLZ
/THREAD

Isnt duran a shapeshifter
06/07/2011 05:13 PMPosted by Fantastic

Duran backwards is Narud, and Duran was a shape shifter not from this universe or something, not a terran in any case

06/07/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Vlaed
Yes, I want to bet with anyone and all of you who think that Narud is Duran.

I wager a cookie that he is, cookie here ---> (: :)
however i hope you win it will make me sad if blizzard falls that far with its storytelling
They are brothers.

Also note the similarities with facial hair.

So, do you have any reason for this assertion, aside from "I don't want him to be"? Seems like somewhat weak grounds for a bet.

Also, lol @Fantastic. Someone wasn't paying very much attention during BW :P
"Emil" may be derived from Latin Aemilius, a family name, which means "to rival, to emulate, to copy."

That is taken from the SC wiki. This is why it is quite likely that Emil Narud is not Duran.
I think it's quite possible they are the same, however! I hope they are NOT. I hope more and more evidence points to that they are only to discover they are two people (even if they work for the same 'guy' or whomever.)

It's important to note that Duran never shape-shifts anywhere in Brood war. He is always Duran. As human, he's the same. As Zerg, he looks the same. None of the infestation signs. He still looked human as ever. Even Kerrigan, the least-Zerg-looking is very Zerg-like.
I think that Narud IS Duran, but I hope that I am wrong.

I'll send you $5 over paypal if you're right, which is a cheat for me because I win either way. :P
06/08/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Odbarc
It's important to note that Duran never shape-shifts anywhere in Brood war. He is always Duran. As human, he's the same. As Zerg, he looks the same. None of the infestation signs. He still looked human as ever. Even Kerrigan, the least-Zerg-looking is very Zerg-like.

The reason we speculate that he can shapeshift is that as a servant of the Dark Voice, he is almost certainly not actually human. This implies that the form we've seen is not his 'true' form, meaning that he can change his form.
What I want to know is how he came to be Kerrigan's servant in BW.

They introduce him randomly as a terran that wants to kill off some of Mengsk's forces, and Stukov decides to help him. But they never say at any point how she infested him (if she did), or if he was waiting to serve her when she popped out of the chrysalis.

When all the other infested terrans in SC:BW were suicidal, and this is the only one that has maintained some level of intellectual capacity beyond yelling "FOR THE OVERMIND" and then proceeding to blow themselves up, doesn't it cause you to want to ask questions?

In either case, I find that it's quite a gaping plot hole that when you're a species of only ravenous alien beasts, and you're the ONLY infested humanoid of the bunch (i.e. Kerrigan), that you don't ask questions as to how another infested humanoid is there (Duran), that is capable of leading and executing missions (shutting off the power grid of the Protoss mission in Shakuras) when you didn't infest him to begin with!
Edited by KingLeonidas on 6/8/2011 2:22 PM PDT
OP: I might consider a different possibility except that Blizzard has confirmed that there is a connection between Duran and Narud.
Narud is Duran backwards, Kerrigan quotes "I've seen through your 'Doctor Narud's' pathetic charade.", and their facial hair is the exact same. On top of that there is a loose theory that Emil comes from a latin name meaning "to copy/emulate" which fits in with the shapeshifting theory of duran.
mind blown!!!
So far the bet Isn't looking good for the OP.
Duran & Narud could be changlings?
Sigh. If Blizzard seriously chooses this path, it would be pretty dull. However, working for the same... beings, could be a factor. In fact, it can be said that they are possibly, not the same person, but are the same people, working for a 'higher' purpose... like a clone or some sort of other factor. IDK. Better than Narud and Duran being the same... I just want to see stukov, but I bet it probably will not happen.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]