StarCraft® II

I want to make a bet that Narud is not Duran.

(Locked)

During the bonus mission on the moon, Duran basically stated that all the events happened because he orcestrated them. He probably pretended to be infested and taken over my Kerrigan, just as he pretended to assist the UED with their mission. All of this stuff was part of his huge plan we are now seeing unfold little by little as the campaigns are released.
What is wrong with people? Duran never was infested. he just started to help Kerrigan. Then on the dark moon (spoilers to anyone who doesnt know about SC1) he said "Young Kerrigan could not have engineered this grand experiment. Although her rebirth into the Zerg Swarm has sped up my progress, I can assure you that this endeavor is quite beyond her narrow understanding." Just that. He wasn't infested. Oh, and about Duran being Narud, i hope everyone who thinks that dies. Seriously, why would a white guy with a accent who is helping Jim Raynor get artifacts be evil? (ok, i know that was really lame, but come on.)
Oh, and someone said Emil means to clone, on something. What language is that in?
Edited by Martiny on 6/15/2011 2:58 PM PDT
You guys realize the Narud essentially helped Raynor with the artifacts. He was using Raynor as a pawn to get Kerrigan human, that way Tychus could kill her. I don't know if he knew that, but probably did considering he is a direct underling to Valerian.
06/15/2011 05:39 PMPosted by Achilles
You guys realize the Narud essentially helped Raynor with the artifacts. He was using Raynor as a pawn to get Kerrigan human, that way Tychus could kill her. I don't know if he knew that, but probably did considering he is a direct underling to Valerian.

probably also explains the connection with humans to the hybrids, even in SC1.
Well I'm pretty sure Narud was Moebius Foundation. Valerian owned Moebius, and the Dominion wanted to kill Kerrigan. If Kerrigan died the Hybrids would win in the long run. So it kind of makes sense that Emil is working for the dark voice since he helps Raynor get the arctifact that Tychus (remember that all the Moebius missions were Tychus' contacts) was freed in order to put together so that he/The Dominion could kill Kerrigan... Which is what the Hybrids want. They're of manipulating the situation. So if you see it the way I do, Narud is certainly working for the hybrids, as was Duran. I don't know if they're the same person, but they are definitely on the same side. The backwards name thing is kind of cheesy regardless of if they are or are not the same person.
I think that the Terran's are being used by whatever Narud & Duran are to make the hybrids from the Zerg and Protoss. It seems like a lot of people think they just kind of magically appeared or are the Zel'Naga (they are in a way), but they were definitely created by Terrans being manipulated, not necessarily all of the hybrids you see in Zeratul's vission, but at least the first few were.
What is wrong with people? Duran never was infested. he just started to help Kerrigan. Then on the dark moon (spoilers to anyone who doesnt know about SC1) he said "Young Kerrigan could not have engineered this grand experiment. Although her rebirth into the Zerg Swarm has sped up my progress, I can assure you that this endeavor is quite beyond her narrow understanding." Just that. He wasn't infested. Oh, and about Duran being Narud, i hope everyone who thinks that dies. Seriously, why would a white guy with a accent who is helping Jim Raynor get artifacts be evil? (ok, i know that was really lame, but come on.)
Oh, and someone said Emil means to clone, on something. What language is that in?

Duran was "infested" as a matter of fact. In the Zerg campaign Duran has a Zerg Carapace for armor, has the zerg ability to regenerate health, and his voice changes to sound infested. This is completely different from when he was in the Terran campaign. But the fact that he later abandons Kerrigan shows that he is not under her control or an actual part of the Swarm, and thus has some manner of shapeshifting powers to make those around him believe he is infested. Thus, it doesn't seem to far of a stretch to believe he can change his appearance from what we see in Brood War to what we see as Narud.

It's simply why Narud would help Raynor if he was evil. The one thing that can stop the hybrids is Kerrigan. Narud gives Raynor, the man who swore to kill her, the locations of artifacts that are capable of de-infesting her and making her killable.

I am just putting another idea out there, since we know that there are multiple labs that are making hybrids. There might be a Narud or a Duran for each lab making it even harder to shut down the hybrids.
Umm I don't know if you noticed this but Duran is a black dude with a beret and Narud is an old white guy. They're clearly not the same person..

LOLZ
/THREAD

Umm I don't know if you noticed this but HotS Kerrigan is a black chick and WoL Kerrigan is a white chick with red hair. Yet they're clearly the same person..

LOLZ
/THREAD
Assuming that they are the same entity. His name choice could be his present state of being. Samir meaning pleasant companion who he did just that throughout him going by that name and now he is copying the cycle of the Xel'naga and warping it. If it is the same person then the name fits even more because of the betrayal to Kerrigan.
Well it's not Rimas Naraud.....
My gut instinct tells me Narud is at least Duran's species and probably Duran himself. The two characters portraits have a ton in common. As mentioned earlier in this thread, their facial features and hair are very similar when you remove yourself from its color. They also sound very similar.

Furthermore, they both are heavily involved and interconnected with both the Protoss and the Zerg; although trying to appear uninvolved.
his name backwards? dude that's like the cheapest trick in the book lol...
What is wrong with people? Duran never was infested. he just started to help Kerrigan. Then on the dark moon (spoilers to anyone who doesnt know about SC1) he said "Young Kerrigan could not have engineered this grand experiment. Although her rebirth into the Zerg Swarm has sped up my progress, I can assure you that this endeavor is quite beyond her narrow understanding." Just that. He wasn't infested. Oh, and about Duran being Narud, i hope everyone who thinks that dies. Seriously, why would a white guy with a accent who is helping Jim Raynor get artifacts be evil? (ok, i know that was really lame, but come on.)Oh, and someone said Emil means to clone, on something. What language is that in?

Duran is a shapshifter.
I dont want Narud to be Duran. I want them to be related. Both of them serve the greater power, but Narud has a different view or doing things than Duran and this lead rivalry between both of them.
one word...tuna
All I can say is if Duran and Narud are the same person, then expect some kind of contingency plan because Duran was way to cunning to put all of his eggs in one basket
It's him. Now whether he IS the dark voice, or just a servant remains to be seen.
this is a really old thread that was necroed... but yeah as it is already necroed i shall say that duran is narud and all was revealed in the book flashpoint
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]