StarCraft® II

What units do you want to see in HotS?

Many say scourges, I agree but something i'd definitely wanna see is scourges also as an ability not just from larvae, well an ability to spawn them from Overlords or from Broodlords or both

That's what I think , it'll be great for protecting slow ass overlords and helping broodlords with air combat.
Edited by RollinDice on 7/2/2011 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

but there's no reason to remove Dark Archons other than the fact that they were unbanned by a mind controlled raszagal,
There's no room for any protoss unit to return except for dark archons......

The protoss races are more unified now, so dark templar become normal archons. Adding dark archons would be a retcon, and would mean that DTs wouldn't be able to become archons any more (not that anyone ever uses them like that anyway)

BTW don't you find it strange that none of the broodwar units returned in either multiplayer or the campaign (except the medic).

The Invisible Protoss Sniper would like to have a-

Fixed it fo-
Reply Quote
06/10/2011 09:50 PMPosted by Antibody
wraiths would be a new diverse unit for terran, like viking and banshee had a baby. Would be interesting to work with.
You didn't play Starcraft 1 did you?
Reply Quote
As a Toss player, I'll only speak for them:

1. HARASSMENT UNIT - All protoss harassment options are not really all that viable. Teching to DT's or Phoenix is pretty late-early game to mid game. I think toss needs their own version of the reaper in that its easy to kill, cheap to produce, pops out early, and is a low-risk, high reward type of thing. If they had a viable early game harassment unit, then DT's and phoenix would suffice as later game harassment units. This would also help to cut down on the "death ball" protoss design, which can be boring and tedious at times. A little more unit separation would be great.

2. EARLY DETECTION - Having to tech to the robotics facility for your detection isn't all that bad, but its the fact that we are pretty much FORCED to do that or create cannons early game to deal with possible banshee and DT rushes. Terran at least can fall back on their scan if need be, and easily creates turrets, which are a bit less harsh on minerals than cannons. I think this could be accomplished by giving the Sentry either an upgrade at the forge, or the outright ability to detect units around it. I think this would open up some new build orders to protoss that do not require a robotics facility.

As it stands now, if I want to stalker-->blink stalker-->archon, which is a natural tech tree, since the templar archives requires a twilight council which is then used to upgrade blink, being forced to build a robotics facility for detection is a bummer, especially when it is only going to be used for 1 type of unit. Maybe an upgrade at the cybernetics core for the sentry that would give it detection abilities would be best.
Reply Quote
Id love to see completely new units that rock my socks and creative upgrades to slacking units such as the hydras or the ultras.
Edited by Tornado on 7/6/2011 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yo don't forget the scrouges:flying banelings, and reavers:BRING ON THE SCARABS, LETS BLOW SOMETHING UP!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Many say scourges, I agree but something i'd definitely wanna see is scourges also as an ability not just from larvae, well an ability to spawn them from Overlords or from Broodlords or both

That's what I think , it'll be great for protecting slow ass overlords and helping broodlords with air combat.

I like your thought.

think that if Spore Crawlers were changed into a scourge crawler-nest-thingy that might be better. Spores imply fungus gametes. Why is something rapid firing mushroom semen at flying things & causing mass damage with it?
Blizz saw fit to alter the burrow time of the spore crawler with a recent patch, so the idea that Blizz themselves are not happy with the spore crawler & might be willing to change it isn't too strange.
If you think of the Zerg base as an organic cell, the Creep being the cytosol & cell membrane & the zerg structures as organelles, than having a scourge nest-launcher could be sort of a peroxisome (A peroxisome is a thing in cells that breaks down invaders as well as a recycling tank or sorts) or some sort of zerg colony immune response.
Reply Quote
As a Toss player, I'll only speak for them:

1. HARASSMENT UNIT - All protoss harassment options are not really all that viable. Teching to DT's or Phoenix is pretty late-early game to mid game. I think toss needs their own version of the reaper in that its easy to kill, cheap to produce, pops out early, and is a low-risk, high reward type of thing. If they had a viable early game harassment unit, then DT's and phoenix would suffice as later game harassment units. This would also help to cut down on the "death ball" protoss design, which can be boring and tedious at times. A little more unit separation would be great.

2. EARLY DETECTION - Having to tech to the robotics facility for your detection isn't all that bad, but its the fact that we are pretty much FORCED to do that or create cannons early game to deal with possible banshee and DT rushes. Terran at least can fall back on their scan if need be, and easily creates turrets, which are a bit less harsh on minerals than cannons. I think this could be accomplished by giving the Sentry either an upgrade at the forge, or the outright ability to detect units around it. I think this would open up some new build orders to protoss that do not require a robotics facility.

As it stands now, if I want to stalker-->blink stalker-->archon, which is a natural tech tree, since the templar archives requires a twilight council which is then used to upgrade blink, being forced to build a robotics facility for detection is a bummer, especially when it is only going to be used for 1 type of unit. Maybe an upgrade at the cybernetics core for the sentry that would give it detection abilities would be best.

I'm not high on the idea of protoss having more harassment ability. I don't think harassment is their thing.

I do like your thoughts about detection. If I were to "predict" something to come out for HotS or LotV that would make it to multiplayer it would be that Blizz will release some kind of tier one unit for all three that supplements the role of the "scout worker." (I base that opinion off a reply in interview from the Blizz developers about "The Idra argument") If I'm right & that happens there would be no reason why Blizz wouldn't consider later game upgrades, such as detection, for the new hypothetical units. Otherwise mabey the sentry could hallucinate a observer that has limited detection or something. I do agree that the protoss should have some mobile detection option that does not include a robotics.
Reply Quote
In truth... I want to see new units for my taste and needs. Not just for multiplayer, but for the single-player, AND the map editor as well. Excluding the cerebrate.

Cerebrate
I don't care if they are dead or not. I just want them for the starcraft map editor. From my point of view, they would be GREAT special structures for broods, and I kind of miss those skinned covered psionic larva creatures... I'm just saying, it would be great for custom games.

New Marauder Suits
I don't want a revamped marauder, I want a new unit similar to that of the marauder, except with a large artillery cannon on its back, and it can melee people with its fist. Similar to how the fire bat skin was transferred to the marauder, It would be cool to see such a unit, a bio version of a tank, without the siege, more mobile, and probably less damage and range. Would be cool.

Terran Structure Fighter Thing
A structure built as a soldier from an SCV, similar to the early concept of the Thor. Building a 2 by 2 structure which, like a siege tank or a viking, which transfers from a defensive structure to a mobile attacking one.

Spitterlisk
A unit replacing the aspect of an easy to make, although not cheap and vulnerable unit to replace the longed lurker that other zerg players want... which I do not. Got the idea from an insect, which mixes chemicals together which shoots out liquid content from its abdomen like a cannon, even making explosive sounds. It could act like a Gatling gun, taking a few seconds to aim and fire, and it does a repeated amount of damage, with it doing damage to armored units with the fired content

RE Cerebrate. Love the idea. I don't think Blizz will, but the idea that Kerigan will organize her queens to compete actively against one another serves the "Survival of the fittest" MO for zerg & an explanation for why zerg sometimes fight other zerg. Adding a "Mini-cerebrate" middle manager to support queen CEO's seems like something that could be done. The Cerebrate might have detection & provide some time of purchasable upgrades as a structure, or as a slow moving creep bound thing, mabey an aura of some kind.

RE new Marauder suites. Have you ever tried to picture how a marines posture is inside their suit? It has to be uncomfortable. The Tychus intro to WoL implies his physical arms are actually in the mechanical arms but the posture one would have to have at the shoulder & elbow would be medieval. I really would like to see Blizz take a page from the Ghost in the Shell & Aeon Flux books when they design their terran things. They would look, & the lore would be more believable.

RE Terran structure fighter thing. I like the idea of having a terran floating structure thats true pure intended purpose is to be built outside the main & float around with the bulk force. I kind of like the idea of a Science facility, that is also the science vessel. Maybe that wouldn't work but that should be an analogy for the concept.

RE Spitterling thing. I like the idea. You were describing a bomber beetle later right? Thats basically what a roach is, but I'd like to run with your idea for a sec. You want a rapid shooter, I want every zerg unit to have a morph unit that they can turn into. What if Roaches morhped to Lurkers & Hydras morphed to Hunter-Killers? I think the only way Lurkers will work in multiplayer is if they are much more expensive & powerful than they once were. Hunter-killers were just a buff Hydra, but say a thing can morph from the centipede-snake like hydra & be a millipede-cobra-with-row's-of-shark-tooth-like tiny spines looking HK that does rapid fire & mabey could have a small bonus to armor? mabey a small area of effect?
Reply Quote
i dont know if anyone had said it i didnt want to read all the posts but i think new defences for zerg to put inportance into creep spread. and making use of the overlords creep drop ability. i think that would be cool to have more of an infested feeling for the zerg while your playing mulitplayer.
Edited by Yagtong on 7/7/2011 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
u said u dont want goliaths right? how bout instead of goliaths, (since u arent playing as terran
thered be no need for mercs) u use spartan company, and rename then spartans. they would
have the same role as goliath except not buffed marine, but actual battle mechs
Reply Quote
if its at all possible, im thinkig of a new unit called Raider. Since vultures are outdated, (or so
swann says) they make raiders. raiders re more like the sturdy armor of the hellion, and grenade laucher, speed of a hellion and spider mines. it would of course be terran, and unlike most SC units, it would ONLY be used by raynor's raiders. (a complaint about WOL, since all
the cool stuff u get, the dominion gets it the day you do D:<)
Reply Quote
just wonder for the zerg. in the gameplay trailer i saw something like yetis jumping off a cliff...considering they are zergs know for their dna splicing...zergy yetis?XD
Reply Quote
wow i made this thread about a year ago. anyways, goliath is just the thor in a smaller version. diamond backs would be a new kiting like unit.
Reply Quote
I would like to see zerg with a kiting ground unit, such as toss having stalkers and terran marine/marauder when stimmed.
Reply Quote
Infested Nova.
Reply Quote
i don't think lurkers will come back, lurkers are a unit that control space and except for possibly sentries, there are not other units that do that well and that is only because with out sentries protoss die to quickly...
Reply Quote
if its at all possible, im thinkig of a new unit called Raider. Since vultures are outdated, (or so
swann says) they make raiders. raiders re more like the sturdy armor of the hellion, and grenade laucher, speed of a hellion and spider mines. it would of course be terran, and unlike most SC units, it would ONLY be used by raynor's raiders. (a complaint about WOL, since all
the cool stuff u get, the dominion gets it the day you do D:<)

There is a kinda obvious relationship between Marauders & Vultures & then Hellions & Fire-bats. In BW a mech unit was turned to a bio unit for WoL & vice versa.
I hear alot of people calling for a "mech marine", while some call for some speedy terran units. I also know that Blizz is not happy with the way the Reaper turned out.
In BW, fire bats were almost completely useless, because they were no faster than marines, they had short range, & they would tent to get stuck in a conga line unable to get to the front. In WC(III) the units got pathing programming that taught melee units to lead & ranged units to follow. That's what the fire-bat needs to be useful, that & it needs to be a little faster than marines on average.

So, what if Vultures came back & used the same ammo as Marauders do? Concussion shells. Now you have a choice between slow sturdy bio or fast mech. What if Reapers were changed so that they were a bit slower, more armored, & replaced the duel pistols with duel blowtorches? The idea here is that a half reaper half fire-bat thing could exist that could function in a bio ball & not be a pure harassment unit. Mabey the reapers could jet pack jump over their own MM comrades to reach the front line?

If you have ever played "Night to die" or set up your WoL campaign so that you can have a vulture/hellion combination then you should know that this is a fun & effective combo. But factoring spider mines might get a bit complicated in multiplayer. They would probably need to be changed.
Reply Quote
Actually I would like to see an Infested Ghost type unit. Don't care about the logic behind it I just think it would be awesome.
Reply Quote
a lot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]