StarCraft® II

A Fourth Race.

Only if it was campaign-only, as StarCraft's 3-race multi makes it what it is. If it was handled like the campaign-only Naga from WC3, that'd be cool.
Reply Quote
Not a good idea at all....

Too many people want a fourth race because war3 had it.. or they want to make it more like war3... this is STARCRAFT

A 4th race would be chaotic since everyone would want to play as them and its would just be new race vs new race all the time...(until 5 patches later they get nerfed due to some IMBA claim and people move on to the next so called OP race of the time)

and sub faction would also ruin the game... look what happend to C&C Generals... everyone went USA air because it was the strongest faction of the strongest race.

Similar to a terran faction specializing in air units with banshees starting with +1 attack when they are created... or having a armor heavy faction of zerg with all units having +2 armor to start. It would just make the whole game into a Rock Paper Scissors game with strict 1 faction beats another...

You make no sense. You're complaining about a game in Alpha stages and compairing it to a finished product... That makes no sense.
Edited by Oggy on 7/13/2011 7:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i think that a 4th race would be sic#!!kk. more options and makes the game less repetitive. i play alot and i enjoy playing but sometimes it just is the same old thing evreygame....people do the same thing and i think a new race would make the game more fun. if they added like 3 or 4 new races that would be a bit much because the game is sick with just 3. 1 new race would be great.
Reply Quote
i trust that if blizzard does make a new race it will fit in great... blizzard is a sick company and im sure theyll find a way to make it fit in to story and multiplayer.... i hope.
Reply Quote
blizzard if they made a 4th race would make it equal... there good at doin that. ......(i hate DT and seige tanks tho lol) but think about if there was another race to chose... the game can get repetitive with just 3.... i love to play starcraft.. somtimes gets boring protoss 4 gate and get colossis..... the marine maraduer crap and zerg is the only thing that i see people do differant spontaeous stufff.... if a new race were to be introduced than i would make the game have more aspects.. keeping it fresh....
Reply Quote
If Blizzard were to implement a fourth race

/uninstall Starcraft 2

This.

Balance would be incredibly screwed, because let's face it, a fourth race would essentially be a mix of Protoss and Zerg, be it Xel'Naga or Hybrids. I could, at the most, see these 2 races as similiar to the Naga in WC3, where they would be a half-race that would only be seen in campaign missions. They can't see multiplayer in their current state, because the Hybrids, so far, are OP units with no real racial identities or weapons/armor/technology. The Xel'Naga are also extinct, and all that remain of them are pieces of their ancient-yet-advanced technology and other artfifacts, such as the Observation Towers, Warp Gates, abandoned temples, and the Chrono Rift device. The only way Xel'Naga could become a full race is if the events of StarCraft (and the entire saga) come to a conclusion, at which point, it would be useless to introduce a new game and the Xel'Naga into multiplayer.

Anything else for a new race is uncalled for and would detract too much from the Protoss/Zerg/Terran conflict. UED? They're Humans (and we already have Terrans), relied mostly on Terran tech from the sector and they're too far away from the conflict to really matter much, especially after having lost interest in the Koprulu Sector. As for machines? Protoss and Terran already have many of them.

EDIT: Sub-factions are also a terrible idea.
Edited by Alexander on 9/25/2011 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Believe it or not,

The UED was meant to be a 4th faction in SC, but because of time restraints going into BWs release date, they were just made to be another Terran race with included Medics, Valkyries and a goliath range upgrade.

And another new race could happen. Blizzard wasn't afraid of adding Undead/Night Elf in Warcraft even though the Orc/Human duo was great for W2.

Or they could go the path they took in TFT, where there were mini Naga/Draenei factions that were most likely Blizzard attempts to have 5:6 races for W3.

The UED was NOT meant to be a 4th race. EVER.
Reply Quote
Believe it or not,

The UED was meant to be a 4th faction in SC, but because of time restraints going into BWs release date, they were just made to be another Terran race with included Medics, Valkyries and a goliath range upgrade.

The UED was NOT meant to be a 4th race. EVER.

^1+ to Alexander who managed touch on the idiocy on the forums which causes me to repeatedly facedesk myself to the point I have cracked my skull in half.

And to this idiot Retloclive who made the post on the UED. You sound like a complete f*cktard making that post. Please uninstall starcraft, bang some sense into your head with a pan, THEN come back to the forums
Edited by AyyaChambers on 9/25/2011 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[DELETED]
Edited by Baazigar on 8/20/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If Blizzard were to implement a fourth race, be it hybrids, or other new species. Would you support/like/want this? Essentially a 'Yes' 'No' or 'Depends on race/how it balances with story and multiplayer'

I personally don't think they would but if they did, I would like it.

I think that they will put in the Xl'Naga...
Reply Quote
09/25/2011 07:11 PMPosted by Baazigar
I'd rather see new units, clan support, revamped chat channel interface, and new maps.

Allow me to add the following to your list; New upgrades, new abilities, new mechanics, custom campaign support, map marketplace, BlizzDotA, new tilesets, paid name changes, revamped game channels.
Reply Quote
I want the Hybrids to be a race that'll never be played, just to screw with the fans minds.

Like mine...
Reply Quote
Really? All you see on these forums are threads that Blizzard cannot even balance 3 races... and you want them to try to impliment a 4th race... lol you're crazy man.
Reply Quote
06/13/2011 08:51 PMPosted by Daggoth
If Blizzard were to implement a fourth race

/uninstall Starcraft 2

Kinda.
Reply Quote
Currently Terran is a 'complete' race, while Z and P are not. Adding a 4th race in HotS or LotV would be a disaster. I am expecting that after LotV, all three races will be complete and balanced (after another year of patching, no doubt).

Once LotV is finished, I would support the design of a 4th race, which might be implemented say 4 or 5 years down the road. It would breathe new life into the game, and presumably they could make the race balanced and unique given that time frame.

I don't like the faction or hybrid idea. I don't like any idea for a 4th race that reduces the uniqueness of the current three.
Reply Quote
I love the idea, but not at the cost of balance. Balance is already a very difficult thing to do and adding a 4th race would make it exponentially harder. I couldn’t even begin to comprehend the difficulties that you would run into with trying to balance 4 races let alone 3.

Though, if they could pull it off… I’d be all for it! It would raise everything to a new level. You would have more choice so it wouldn’t get boring, strategies would be even more complex, watchability would increase, etc. etc. I think it would be sick.. and a win in all categories.
Reply Quote
I like the idea of an all mech race. Perhaps there would be some scrawny organisms piloting & engineering all the technology, maybe you would only see them in the portraits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]