StarCraft® II

Infested Tychus prediction

Topic.

I think Tychus is going to return in HotS infested. There was too much focus on him in the teasers early on, they were selling a statue of the dude too, and during WoL, he was a very under played character despite the focus that was given to him. He seemed about as important and Matt Horner or any of those other new characters.

Particularly the comment he makes, "Oh, hell, Jimmy. I don't like the (sights/looks?) of that." (referring to infested terrans).

The idea that he was shot/injured/died on Char puts him in a giant 'probably' category.
Personally, I think this would reinforce a very negative relationship between Kerrigan and Raynor and make him despite his choice of letting Kerrigan live.

Giving the dude some infested Zerg strengths could really up the ante of this above-average marine. But then again, a lot of like-bodied Terrans end up as suicidal freaks or zombie-esque creatures. He could end up being just another Easter-egg 'hero' too.

I hope he gets some deep infestation like Kerrigan got and have him come out beefed out with some Zergling claws and some gun-mounted tentacles.

Alternatively, I want Jim Raynor infested. Nothing sucks more than 'knowing' which heroes will never die due to popularity or being a 'main' character. I think Blizzard hinted at some known heroes biting the bullet with a 'you never know, wink wink' so it would be nice to really gut a favorite or two.

Zeratul also seems like a 'invincible because of the story' type guy. I hope I get to kill him ^_^

And you always know these heroes never go down easy making it all the more satisfying to dig into them to savor their destruction!
Reply Quote
I wanna kill the Hyperion in HotS.
Reply Quote
I thought this same idea. Tychus was just too awesome to let die! And about the invincible bcuz of the story in sc1 Fenix was Raynor's best pal and he got killed, so did Duke Mengsk's general. But after the !*%@fest that was war3/wow idk if they'd have the jewels to do something like that now.

And my i add to the list? Matt, Swann, Egon, Hanson, Tosh can stay, Valerian, Warfield and faceless marine number 119
Edited by DoomerX on 6/16/2011 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
im not sure how much they would want to use zerg to bring back enemies from the dead on their side.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
I liked Tychus. He was one of the best acted characters to grace the Starcraft Universe. And normally I would love to see him return in an interesting way. But Starcraft has had far far far too many charectors come back from the dead.
Reply Quote
How many have come back from the dead, Archer? I'm curious.
Kerrigan never actually died, but her return is probably one of the best set-ups I've seen in a 'ressurected' character. Seeing as you dragged her crystallis around a few maps like it's the Holy Grail or something, seeing who/what popped out was amazing.

Fenix 'died' (wounded) and immediately returned as a dragoon, which was cool.

Stukov was assassinated and appeared in the N64 bonus mission as an infested (and uninfested later too, I believe?). Not sure if that's canon or accurately recollected.

Tassadar comes back as a ghost or something in SC2... I'll give you that one.

Duke's definitely gone. (Riiiiiight?!!?!)

Who else am I missing?
Reply Quote
06/16/2011 10:52 AMPosted by Archer
I liked Tychus. He was one of the best acted characters to grace the Starcraft Universe. And normally I would love to see him return in an interesting way. But Starcraft has had far far far too many charectors come back from the dead.

This. I thought Tychus was the best new character but I don't really have any interest in Kerrigan 2.0 with him. I also do not think his "happy psycho" personality, which was endearing as a human, would be that interesting as a zerg. Kerrigan's infestation was amazing because you never saw it coming, and because she was formerly idealistic and now was a prideful mass murderer.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
Odbarq, don't forget all the colonists who were absorbed by the temple on Bhekar Ro ;)
Edited by Archer on 6/16/2011 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
stukov, that is all. also fenix.
Reply Quote
Yea, leave him dead. Sometmes you just gotta leave a major character dead..
Reply Quote
Odbarq, don't forget all the colonists who were absorbed by the temple on Bhekar Ro ;)

They came back to life?

the lead writers of SC2 went up on the blizzcon desk and straight out said Tychus is dead and not coming back, short of the artists performing an aggressive takeover of blizz Tychus is gone forever

Link? :O
Reply Quote
Yeah it was surprising that he got killed off at the end of the campagin, but most likely he won't come back.

..but we said that about tassadar ;)
Reply Quote
A good story is not afraid to kill characters, even the important ones.
Reply Quote
WHy does everyone assume he's alive because we don't see the shot in the FACE!!!. Plz Blizz keep him dead
Reply Quote
Have the UED come back and General Duke too.
Reply Quote
I'm not so sure that Zerg infestation is the same as zombie infection.
They tend not to resurrect dead characters that were provably dead.
And no, Tassadar did not come back. That never happened.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]