Can anyone else beat the first mission?

OMG its ridiculous! The base you have to get into is super defense kerrrigan gets picked off so easy!!!! help?
Reply Quote
pourqoi?
Reply Quote
Ummm we don't even know what the first mission is. Fail troll is fail.
Reply Quote
Haha, I'll bite.

Make sure you spend your starting mutagen points on Psionic Shadow. The Corruption tree might seem more attractive with its Spawn Broodling ability, but don't fall for it! You're going to need that Psionic Shadow to tank for you if you plan on doing the mission on Brutal and getting all the achievements.
Once you have the Shadow the mission is simple enough, make sure Kerrigan stays behind your lings at all times, and just cast the Shadow in front of you when the lings die to the inevitable Baneling attacks.
Reply Quote
Haha, I'll bite.

Make sure you spend your starting mutagen points on Psionic Shadow. The Corruption tree might seem more attractive with its Spawn Broodling ability, but don't fall for it! You're going to need that Psionic Shadow to tank for you if you plan on doing the mission on Brutal and getting all the achievements.
Once you have the Shadow the mission is simple enough, make sure Kerrigan stays behind your lings at all times, and just cast the Shadow in front of you when the lings die to the inevitable Baneling attacks.

But after the inevitable baneling attack, how did you manage to get past the Thorlings?
WOW you come to these forums too?
Reply Quote
Oh, the first mission? Psh, piece of cake. As soon as the level starts you have your two hatcheries use their Morphicus ability on Kerrigan, granting her the Shadow of Ellusion. Spawn a handful of Fratlings and use them as a sort of advance guard for Kerrigan. There's a Plathagoreos Nexus in the center of the map, if you can make it there Kerrigan can easily obtain the Blade of Shards buff item. The trick is getting there, however. Make sure your Fratlings use their Obstruction Claws ability on every powerful unit you see, hampering their ability to see Kerrigan. Quickly retreat your Fratlings and let loose a handful of Splash Spores on the opposition. Due to a handy confliction between the Shadow of Ellusion and Obstruction Claws, nothing will be able to attack Kerrigan if you keep this up. If your base is attacked try to burrow it before the Thorlings finish it off, it should buy you some time to get to the Plathagoreos Nexus. Once you have the Blade of Shards you can pretty much A-click the base with a little intuitive Kerrigan Splash Spore micro.

Tell me if this helps.
Reply Quote
no the fastest way to win is press enter, type gg, and then press enter again followed by alt+f4
Reply Quote
Ehrm... how exactly are you playing the first HotS mission? Probably a noob question...
Reply Quote
06/27/2011 10:20 AMPosted by Nargannon
Ehrm... how exactly are you playing the first HotS mission? Probably a noob question...

psttt;; try reading it again? ^^
Reply Quote
06/27/2011 10:30 AMPosted by Mikah

I'm either missing something really obvious here or just getting trolled :<
Reply Quote
06/27/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Nargannon

I'm either missing something really obvious here or just getting trolled :<

We're pretending, silly.
Reply Quote
Also, don't forget the Rines... you need to mass 'em... They are OP in the campaign! 8D
Reply Quote
Watch out for the Mechanorator.. it's invulnerable as Gen. Warfield throws grenades out of the hatch. But just use lings to lure Za'gara's forces.

Crazy that we have terran still bombarding this place.. give Kerrigan a break !! -__-
Reply Quote
Guys its simple, just press f13 a bunch of times, that gives Kerrigan the Super Changeling ability letting her have a weapon and pretend to be a Terran Gas Trooper then just go to the Doors, use the swipe card ability THEN, this is important, go to mengsk and use the poison gas attack in the room, steal the psi disrupter then meet up with the Thorlings siegeing the base and just kill the Central Computer and then Nova will come and you just cloak and go meet up with Jim Raynor and make Kerrigan burrow and use Jim Raynor and your Cruiserlisk to take out the ambush before calling in the overchild (Jim Raynor and Infested Kerrigans child...watch the end scene to WoL) and you have pretty much won the mission, it was pretty easy for me.
Reply Quote
06/18/2011 08:24 PMPosted by BtaOrigins
OMG its ridiculous! The base you have to get into is super defense kerrrigan gets picked off so easy!!!! help?

ummmmmmmm......... you do realize that kerrigan cant "die" she just gets respawned at a hatchery right?
Reply Quote
i beat it by massing drones off 100 hatcheries...pretty easy...
Reply Quote
"WhatIsBestInLife"

Type this in and you're good to go.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]