StarCraft® II

Should UED make a apperance in HotS?

I personally think the UED should pop back in somewhere during Starcraft HotS. UED is most likely the srtongest military force in the universe, who wouldn't want to see them take over the Korpulu Sector agian? Honestly, if the UED Expeditionary Force managed to cripple the Dominion, take over a large percent of the swarm (thanks to the Overmind), and nearly finish off everything else, what would thier real forces do?

It would be awesome if the UED came back and just taught everyone in the Korpulu Sector how to behave. I know I would like it because it would show off some HUMaN skillz. They could just take everything over and make Mengsk thier slave or sumthing. If you agree that having the UED in another Starcraft game would be awesome (or not...) then reply here.
Reply Quote
They were eradicated at the end BW.. for all practical purposes.

Although the UED may send in some traders, industrialists, or colonists to help rebuild after their "victory," and the dead faction would rise from the grave.
Reply Quote

Although the UED may send in some traders, industrialists, or colonists to help rebuild after their "victory," and the dead faction would rise from the grave.
The point the OP is trying to make is that it was an Expeditionary Force, not the full power of the UED military. Just imagine..if a force that size, crippled, and almost ended the entire Dominion...what could the full might of the UED do?
Reply Quote
The point the OP is trying to make is that it was an Expeditionary Force, not the full power of the UED military. Just imagine..if a force that size, crippled, and almost ended the entire Dominion...what could the full might of the UED do?

The point I am trying to make is that the UED never knew they lost, and have little reason to send their full military might back into it.
Edited by Stranger on 6/20/2011 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

The expeditionary force was around 20% of the UED army. However it was never known to be defeated. Although the information is probably known now the UED wont make a move against the QoB since she pretty much single-handedly killed 20% of their army
Reply Quote
And you believe that the UED wouldn't assume that once all contact was lost with their forces, that they were destroyed by something in the Koprulu?

Reply Quote
Def not the most powerful, that goes to zerg or protoss. Still, Mengsk would fall easily.
Reply Quote
06/20/2011 05:52 PMPosted by Centauri
Def not the most powerful, that goes to zerg or protoss. Still, Mengsk would fall easily

I doubt it. The protoss is all but gone (thanks to the zerg) and now the Swarm is split up into multiple factions. Plus the Dominion just lost significant forces on the Char Invasion
Reply Quote
06/20/2011 05:38 PMPosted by ThatGuy
However it was never known to be defeated.

They have been monitoring the K-sector for a long time before they ever sent the force. They sent the force because they decided that the Zerg and Protoss were a threat. Surely if they are able to learn that a new alien race has emerged they would be able to learn that their own fleet was defeated.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see the UED make a return, but I'm not sure about them doing it this soon. Perhaps for LotV.
Reply Quote
I hope they are too busy fighting their own enemies.
Zerg is divided, Terran has JUST come out of a war, and Protoss is nearly extinct, it wouldnt be fair for a new faction to just walk in and kill everyone.
Reply Quote
"Should the UED make an appearance in HotS?"

NO!!
Reply Quote
I hope they are too busy fighting their own enemies.
Zerg is divided, Terran has JUST come out of a war, and Protoss is nearly extinct, it wouldnt be fair for a new faction to just walk in and kill everyone.

*cough* ...Xel'naga/Hybrids... *cough*
Reply Quote
*cough*cough* Yamato Cannon Online. Plus we all know that Humans are the divine race, not the Xel'naga. The Xel'naga made the Protoss and the Zerg. Humans made the Xel'naga, and twinkies.
Edited by Ender on 6/21/2011 3:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I hope they are too busy fighting their own enemies.Zerg is divided, Terran has JUST come out of a war, and Protoss is nearly extinct, it wouldnt be fair for a new faction to just walk in and kill everyone.

lol you pretty much copied what i had said, besides that it wouldnt be fair and i hope thier busy
Edited by Ender on 6/21/2011 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting...

Thing of it is, the UED's expedition fleet was almost completely eradicated at the end of Brood War, but the conflict never reached Earth or the Local Cluster. We have no real idea what else is going on Earth-side, but it's very possible for the UED to mobilize another expedition. If you think about it, they only lost a fleet in Brood War, whereas Korpulu Sector terrans lost a bunch of their colonized worlds, so if anything, the UED would be able to recover more quickly than the other terran factions.

It'd be interesting to see them swing back. Maybe they'd be responsible for the new terran units, both in campaign and in multiplayer.
Reply Quote
Idc about UED coming back so much just bring Stukov back.
Reply Quote
06/21/2011 08:49 AMPosted by Artemis
Idc about UED coming back so much just bring Stukov back.

Stukov is back, sort of. Well, I mean he is still alive.
Reply Quote

no, the fleet they sent was called a rag-tag fleet, not a huge fleet. It was more of a force just to see what was going on rather, and still managed to blow everything away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]