Reply Quote
06/21/2011 11:26 AMPosted by Sergurus
What's the UED?

i hope ur trolling
Reply Quote
06/21/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Chesty
What's the UED?

i hope ur trolling

lol, we all hope he is trolling. (if your not) The UED is the United Earth Directoriate. If you played SC1 and BW (They only appear in BW but...you need SC1) then you would know this. Well...if you didnt, then you should, really fast so people dont start hating on you.
Reply Quote
They only almost killed everyone lmao.
Reply Quote
THATS THE IDEA!!! :)
Reply Quote
06/21/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Chesty
What's the UED?

i hope ur trolling

It's the United Earth Directorate. In BW they sent an expeditionary fleet of about 20% of their standing force. This army collapsed the Dominion, enslaved the overmind, defeated the protoss, and generally was on the verge of killing everyone's ass. In a last ditch defense Kerrigan gets Raynor and Zeratul to join forces with her and defeat them. Kerrigan then back-stabs Raynor and Zeratul and pretty much kills every member of the UED. The fleet was decimated and killed by the zerg during it's retreat, there were no survivors. And as such Kerrigan became Queen #%%*# of the Universe
Reply Quote
I thought that the UED fleet that was sent managed to cripple the Dominion, take over the Zerg Overmind and nearly destroy whatever Protoss came around that area, with mainly the equipment stolen from the Dylarian Shipyards?
Reply Quote
Another thread to try to make sc2 like sc1
Reply Quote
not really retconned out the Spartan Company mercs were former UED Goliaths if they really didn't care about what happended to the UED or if they didn't want them to make an apperance in either HotS or LotV y bother mentioning them?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
The Kel-Morian Combine and the Umojan Protectorate have been preparing for the inevitable war with either the zerg or Mengsk. The UED task force was almost completely destroyed in Brood War; only a few isolated pockets of survivors remain hidden in the Koprulu sector.

http://us.starcraft2.com/features/storysofar2.xml

Im hoping we see them again soon. They were and remain one of the most interesting Terran factions.
Edited by Archer on 6/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No, I just never played SC1. Thank you though!
Reply Quote
06/22/2011 06:24 AMPosted by Kyakan
I thought that the UED fleet that was sent managed to cripple the Dominion, take over the Zerg Overmind and nearly destroy whatever Protoss came around that area, with mainly the equipment stolen from the Dylarian Shipyards?

Good point, i had forgotten about that. The very first thing they did after attacking Braxis and meeting Duran was to augment their own fleet with all those battlecruisers they stole from the dominion shipyards. I remember that mission vividly because it was so fun :). You got nukes, got to use all your units special abilities to great effect, and a big battlecruiser fight at the end. I can't really remember exactly HOW MUCH of their fleet was made of the stolen ships, but it was a significant portion. There still should be a sizable force back at earth though, they only sent 20% of their fleet on the expedition. It would be interesting if the UED started coming back to the Koprulu sector, to find out what happened to their fleet and maybe to take revenge? To complete what the defeated fleet tried to do? Would be a very interesting plotline twist for HotS.
Reply Quote
I say this thread was a success in saying that it would be cool if they brought back the UED.
Edited by Ender on 6/22/2011 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

The UED was 100% ignored in WoL so I doubt they will bring them up, just like how Korhal was a desert and in WoL it's a big ass city.
Reply Quote
06/23/2011 03:40 AMPosted by ThizzyMarley
The UED was 100% ignored in WoL so I doubt they will bring them up, just like how Korhal was a desert and in WoL it's a big ass city.

If you look at BladedThesis 's post then you'll notice that they do appear in WoL, but as mercs.
Edited by Ender on 6/24/2011 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
06/23/2011 03:40 AMPosted by ThizzyMarley

Korhal still has irradiated deserts
6 continents, 2 major oceans, 72 irradiated areas; 8 major conurbations, 5,592 residential districts, 1,012 industrial zones

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/planet/korhal

By the way I want to give a quick thank you to which ever guy adds the planet stats, wildlife history ect... on those pages. Its not the most flashy but it goes a long way to making the SC2 universe feel real.
Edited by Archer on 6/23/2011 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well as Archer said there's only a few isolated pockets of UED forces left but damn did their fleet tear up the K-sector; though now that I think about it an appearance might make more sense as a prelude to Sc3 since they've already done a Terran Campaign although; maybe someone ambitious enough might make a side campaign not quite sure what it'd look like though
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]