StarCraft® II

Should UED make a apperance in HotS?

You'd think the UED would just send another fleet. The first one was just a tiny part of their total forces.
Reply Quote
Dr Hanson my have some ties to the UED, one of the lines she says makes it sound like she know considerably more then the entire sector in the way of medicen, and is not a terran infested zerg.
as for the UED coming back they will be out for blood and in the planet burning mode, and that is how they will intro the dreadnought capital ship/ Carrier. In bw there SCV's and really battlecruisers were alot more powerfull than the sector ships they got from the raid. SCV with 60 life, BC's with 100 gun power etc..
Reply Quote
Yes, i think the UED will have something to say, I mean, their fleet was destroyed but they still control a lot of planets and surely have the resources to mount an offensive on the Koprulu sector, for all i know their fleet may be on it´s way already; remember it takes several months to arrive.
Reply Quote
Bringing back factions from Brood War would just lead to Brood War in Starcraft 2 graphics... can't say that's what I want for a SEQUEL
Reply Quote
06/23/2011 03:37 PMPosted by Redemption
Bringing back factions from Brood War would just lead to Brood War in Starcraft 2 graphics... can't say that's what I want for a SEQUEL

I don't know...I'd like to see the UED back, but mabye with some friends. I believe that they'd have an alliance with the Dominion, it being the most powerful HUMAN race in the K-sector. Last time, the UED didn't have an alliance with any races so it lead to its downfall and the destruction of its Expeditionary Force. Mengsk would probably agree, knowing that he hates everyone besides himself in the K-sector. Thus, it wouldn't be like Brood War, because of the different circumstances, a larger UED Fleet, and...more destruction.
Reply Quote
"Should the UED make an appearance in HotS?"

NO!!

YES THEY SHOULD! »:(

It was stupid the first time. A second round of if would only prove that Activision is driven to run Blizzard Entertainment into the ground.
Reply Quote
theyve more or less retconned UED out because they realized how stupid it was. The UED is only mentioned like one time in all of SC2 and thats on the description of one of the merc units.
Reply Quote
06/20/2011 06:08 PMPosted by Ender
Def not the most powerful, that goes to zerg or protoss. Still, Mengsk would fall easily

I doubt it. The protoss is all but gone (thanks to the zerg) and now the Swarm is split up into multiple factions. Plus the Dominion just lost significant forces on the Char Invasion

The protoss are probably the most power just in terms of military might, they've never been a very numerous species because they where begining to die off at the time of the great war there technology is what makes them powerful. Id say out of all 3 races the protoss would have the best chance against the UED,
Reply Quote
More or less a subtle appearance would be nice, like maybe a downed UED dreadnaught(The mother of all ships). I really wish in BW they would have given the UED special unit skins. The only actual UED units were the Medic and Valk.

06/28/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Foxx

I doubt it. The protoss is all but gone (thanks to the zerg) and now the Swarm is split up into multiple factions. Plus the Dominion just lost significant forces on the Char Invasion

The protoss are probably the most power just in terms of military might, they've never been a very numerous species because they where begining to die off at the time of the great war there technology is what makes them powerful. Id say out of all 3 races the protoss would have the best chance against the UED,

Technologically yes but in Military might I do believe the UED could beat all three races in a 1v1 conflict
Edited by ZergOverseer on 6/29/2011 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The UED could probably out-mass the zerg. The UED could probably out-mass the whole K-sector in the long run. I think they should come back in to set up for another StarCraft or they should make a game for the UED...
Reply Quote
Yes! More Terran factions to play as please! It'd be great to have more factions involved in the game. In future games, we could have more missions as Raynor's Raiders maybe, and it would be interesting to see the diplomacy between Raynor's Raiders and the UED as Raynor fights the rebellion against Mengsk.
Reply Quote
So what happens if the UED returns and found out that Dugalle failed on his objective? Enslave the zerg again and try to do what Dugalle tryy to do?
Reply Quote
Well, if any word got back to UED HQ about Mengsk's status as a fugitive (considering the ending of the original SC and BW or wherever he was), AND as a dictator (looking at future events and such), the UED would probably be more likely to be willing to make deals with Raynor and/or the Protoss than with Mengsk, I think. I would certainly doubt if they'd be willing to make deals with the Zerg, for obvious reasons.
Reply Quote
THe most powerful military force in the universe...that Kerrigan promptly wiped her ass with at the end of BW
Reply Quote
Makes you wonder though, supposedly technology also advanced while the original colonist where in suspended animation. An Expeditionary force might be using retro-tech in case they where captured so as to not give away easily reverse-engineered stuff.

Look what the Sector has done with what they have reverse engineered so far. Medics and their nano-bots for one.

Sending a larger force means they can bring out the big-guns like ordinary soldiers boosted like a Ghost?

Sorry I seem to sometimes ponder possibilities at times.

Also if I lost 2/10's of my standing military I would definitely insert some covert operations to keep an eye on things, perhaps as Mercenaries?

I would also not only replace what is lost but boost the size to make up for it.
Reply Quote
06/21/2011 06:54 PMPosted by ThatGuy

i hope ur trolling

It's the United Earth Directorate. In BW they sent an expeditionary fleet of about 20% of their standing force. This army collapsed the Dominion, enslaved the overmind, defeated the protoss, and generally was on the verge of killing everyone's ass. In a last ditch defense Kerrigan gets Raynor and Zeratul to join forces with her and defeat them. Kerrigan then back-stabs Raynor and Zeratul and pretty much kills every member of the UED. The fleet was decimated and killed by the zerg during it's retreat, there were no survivors. And as such Kerrigan became Queen #%%*# of the Universe

I thought the UED used stolen BCs not their own ships? I could be wrong but thats what I always thought. The UED tech was beyond that of the dominion. Ghosts were the only thing they seemed to interest them about Dominion technology
Reply Quote
06/28/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Foxx

Actually, in the campaign it was explained more than once the Protoss are in higher numbers then anyone imagined. They only lost their homeworld and Shakuris took a nasty hit before being cleared the REALLY hard way.
Reply Quote

It's the United Earth Directorate. In BW they sent an expeditionary fleet of about 20% of their standing force. This army collapsed the Dominion, enslaved the overmind, defeated the protoss, and generally was on the verge of killing everyone's ass. In a last ditch defense Kerrigan gets Raynor and Zeratul to join forces with her and defeat them. Kerrigan then back-stabs Raynor and Zeratul and pretty much kills every member of the UED. The fleet was decimated and killed by the zerg during it's retreat, there were no survivors. And as such Kerrigan became Queen #%%*# of the Universe

I thought the UED used stolen BCs not their own ships? I could be wrong but thats what I always thought. The UED tech was beyond that of the dominion. Ghosts were the only thing they seemed to interest them about Dominion technology

Admiral Du Galle arrived in a battlecruiser, and in the bridge of said cruiser explained to the VERY dead [and better frakking stay dead] Stukov what they were about to start all before swiping Dominion cruisers.
Edited by Goyathla on 7/4/2011 3:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]