StarCraft® II

Should UED make a apperance in HotS?

i dont think the UED will but i think Stukov will
Reply Quote
Lets all agree to make it one MAIN enemy at a time.......
Reply Quote
UED would ruin the game this is about the zerg not terran protoss is like hanging off a string terran just won a war and zerg is in little bits just for the UED to p0p up would be stupid.

Edit:sorry if i copyed some ones post i didn't see.
Edited by PanzerMayer on 2/13/2012 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
I will switch to terran if ued came back... I dont like the fact that im a raynor cowboy terran instead of a powerful ued force
Reply Quote
I want UED back. I was dissapointed when I found out UED was only making an appearance in wings of liberty as mercenaries. I was pissed at Blizzard. Since Alexei Stukov is still alive, so many questions went unanswered.

1. Where is Alexei Stukov? WE ALL KNOW HES ALIVE SO WHY WAS HE EXCLUDED in WoL?

2. WTH happened to Samir Duran? Metzen hints that Doctor Emil Narud in WoL is Duran. Duran is black and this dude is white. He went from black dude to white dude lol.
How did this come about?

3. In Starcraft, there were so many different factions. Did Mengsk really manage to make them all join his. There are a few rogue ones out there but none were mentioned in the WoL.

4. Why did Jim Raynor pull a D!$# move on Tychus at the end. I mean Tychus was his friend who went to prison to keep Jim out of trouble for 9 years and Jim does that crap to him. I mean WTF.

5. Artanis is Jim's friend who helped Jim rescue infested Alxei Tukov, why didnt that guy even show up once to assist Jim Raynor in WoL? Sure he shows up in the protoss side stuff stuff but why not in the main campaign?

NOTE: In Starcraft, Mengsk was everywhere, but he was only here mostly in cutscenes in WoL. WHY WOULD BLIZZARD DO THAT?

P.S. Does anyone know is UED is gonna make an appearance in HotS or will Alexei Stukov make an appearance?
Reply Quote
I want UED back. I was dissapointed when I found out UED was only making an appearance in wings of liberty as mercenaries. I was pissed at Blizzard. Since Alexei Stukov is still alive, so many questions went unanswered.

1. Where is Alexei Stukov? WE ALL KNOW HES ALIVE SO WHY WAS HE EXCLUDED in WoL?

2. WTH happened to Samir Duran? Metzen hints that Doctor Emil Narud in WoL is Duran. Duran is black and this dude is white. He went from black dude to white dude lol.
How did this come about?

3. In Starcraft, there were so many different factions. Did Mengsk really manage to make them all join his. There are a few rogue ones out there but none were mentioned in the WoL.

4. Why did Jim Raynor pull a D!$# move on Tychus at the end. I mean Tychus was his friend who went to prison to keep Jim out of trouble for 9 years and Jim does that crap to him. I mean WTF.

5. Artanis is Jim's friend who helped Jim rescue infested Alxei Tukov, why didnt that guy even show up once to assist Jim Raynor in WoL? Sure he shows up in the protoss side stuff stuff but why not in the main campaign?

NOTE: In Starcraft, Mengsk was everywhere, but he was only here mostly in cutscenes in WoL. WHY WOULD BLIZZARD DO THAT?

P.S. Does anyone know is UED is gonna make an appearance in HotS or will Alexei Stukov make an appearance?

1) Not sure to be honest. I always liked Alexei, so it'd be nice to see him make an appearence this time around.

2) There is strong evidence to support the idea that Narud/Duran is an agent of, or perhaps even one of, the Hybrids and the Dark Voice specifically. If that's the case, the fact he appears human at all is a fascimile. There is evidence to support that idea as well, as Kerrigan says to Narud that "she sees through his pathetic sharade" and she makes several attempts to kill him.

3) I don't think he got them to join him, rather, I think he just got them to go away by making him to expensive of a target to try and fight. Kind've like how Vietnam kept the Americans from winning: Not by force, but by being so expensive to engage that it became pointless to continue.

4) ...Because Tychus was going to kill literally the only hope in the galaxy? If you played the "Protoss Missions" (Spoiler alert if you haven't) it's revealed that the Hybrids will take over the galaxy and kill everyone if Kerrigan falls.

5) I also like Artanis' character too, he should show up a bit more this time around, and if not, then DEFINITELY in LotV.

PS, AWESOME PICTURE. =P
Reply Quote
The UED must appear and WILL appear in one of the next campaigns. What if Dugalle had a brother? Or what if his sons have grown up enough to go to war and look for revenge? UED kicked, kicks and will kick a.s.s. again
Edited by GRRaynor on 2/28/2012 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm betting after iron sky comes out in theaters Blizzard will add the UED to the legacy of the void just because they love to copy sfi stereo types...UED from the dark side of the void!:P
Reply Quote
The UED shouldn't get any credits for taking over the Swarm. They simply took the window of opportinity they had to take over the swarm without breaking a sweat. Wasn't the dominion already weakened when they got taken over by the UED?
Reply Quote
Well, yes and no. Sure, the Dominion had been taking heavy casualties from the Zerg, who were simply steam-rolling the galaxy. Sure, they didn't have much Terran opposition, but the Zerg were a damned juggernaut to contend with.
Reply Quote
i think the reason we aren't likely to see the UED make an appearance is for the reasons everyone keeps saying they want to see them again. Their tech would be years ahead of the terrans and the amount of force they could afford to bring down upon the sector would wipe out the dominion and the zerg and quite possibly the protoss if they felt so inclined.
Reply Quote
i bet the ued will return in starcraft legacy of the void since after all duran knows about earth so maybe everything that happen in starcraft history, happen the wayjavascript:; duran wanted to proceed by. Heck he helped all sides, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the xelnaga lived on earth for awhile since they seem to be a space traveling race. Mengsk gave kerrigan to the zerg was durans plan too...
Reply Quote
"Upon leaving Char in search of Artanis, Zeratul stumbles upon a genetics facility run by Duran without Kerrigan's knowledge where a Protoss/Zerg hybrid is being developed. At the same time, Kerrigan is attacked on Char by the Dominion, the UED, and a vengeful fleet commanded by Artanis. Despite being outnumbered, Kerrigan defeats all three fleets and eradicates the surviving UED fleet, leaving her the dominant power in the sector. Before the UED fleet was wiped out, Admiral DuGalle sent a final message back to his family before committing suicide with his pistol."
Reply Quote
Something nobody seems to notice is that the reason the UED went out in the first place was because the Earth (and anything and everything else they had) was depleted of resources. It's also the reason terrans were ejected into the Koprulu sector (minerals effing burst from the ground!).

So, they've either moved somewhere or have been sufficiently resource starved that they're not going anywhere.

FROM HERE ON, TOTAL SPECULATION (read at your own risk):
In the former case, they will probably have technology almost rivaling that of multiplayer protoss (because lore protoss are much more powerful).
Most likely, due to resource starvation over 4 centuries, there are not a lot of humans left (probably 20 billion or so, as compared to the vast amount in the K-Sector), and so the military also relies upon robotic units as well.
They will kick @&& until Kerrigan shows up and chain casts Implosion and Razor Swarm all over the UED fleet, completely killing them (those are her signature abilities in the final campaign mission).
Reply Quote
All I want to see is Duran, the creator of the hybrid!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]