StarCraft® II

Civilization Sapphire

yeah, it only sucks a ton now bro, and also you have to add a win trigger.
Reply Quote
Any idea when this is going to be fixed?
Reply Quote
The major bug now is the farm mineral bug. You have to put them back the way they were!

No matter how many farms you have you only get around a max of 10 minerals per cycle!
Reply Quote
Also, about watch towers: great implementation.

However, the cost and build time need to be ramped up a lot. They only cost 30 gas and 0 build time for the invaluable scouting they perform. This way, players are just walling off entirely with watch towers which feels kinda lame.

I would say to increase the cost to 50m/150g and build time to 50s.

About the walls, I have seen that they are very good at the beginning but quickly lose usefulness, even as soon as the dark ages. Why not have an upgrade that lets you level your wall hp/defense at every age. In this case, if players are choosing to go defensive (just the way they can go to choose melee, ranged, or siege) they can invest on that. Of course, the cost would go up accordingly at every age.
Edited by Rond on 6/19/2011 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Farms were giving far less than intended.

I think everything is working properly now.
Reply Quote
am i wasting my time right now with the emerald ring or is it implemented to do something?
Reply Quote
If you give the emerald ring to a bird it becomes invulnerable. Also the farms were a great mechanic when they increased in cost. I liked the scaling cost because it slows down expansion and prevents spamming huge quantities of units. The current model does the same thing but it requires the construction of a ridiculous number of farms. Also spending large amounts on farms still seems less effective then it was before.

For my vote, if you would return farms to the way they were I would appreciate it.
Reply Quote
Actually the current model does not work well at all. Any % reduction in mineral income after every farm ultimately leads to an income cap. At 20% mineral reduction, the cap was pretty much 10-11 per cycle. Right now its 3% reduction can capped at 31-35/cycle.

What was the reasoning behind this anyways?

And yes, please put it back the way it was until a more coherent system had been figured out.
Reply Quote
For what it's worth I just played this map today (talk about an assload of updates to the mechanics all at once) and the farm thing is most definitely not fixed.
Reply Quote
A typo came about. The academy and woodworks tooltip description and hotkey have been swapped.
Reply Quote
Since the bug that restricted players from tech'ing up we played mass barbarian wars. Could you make a game mode that restricts everyone to the first age?

For some reason the game is a lot more fun with just barbarians, requires you to be a lot more careful with your army and to use choke points to your advantage to overcome larger armies.

Also when you are campaigning to a certain area you don't just faceroll over the neutral armies to get there and it can take a lot longer. Even the harder neutral short cuts in the map are very very hard to destroy but when you do destroy them it pays off with a nice pathway to your enemy or ally.
Edited by Imawizrd on 6/19/2011 7:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
no at least to the second age
with archers, need 1 ranged unit
and if not then AT LEAST bring down the higher leveled creeps ranks

pikeman - knight
ultralisk - pikeman
etc
Edited by SanderCohen on 6/19/2011 7:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bring them down a tiny bit. I think it is good how punishing it is to get those pathways though, and is a big decision tactics wise if you will spend that many units to make the new path way or use them at the front.
Reply Quote
Just spent 2 hours working out what to do with the ring.. :/
Reply Quote
So I found the emerald ring. Found the silver chain. And found the ruby ring. I know you are letting people explore to find things on their own but can you at least tell me how many more items there are if there are any more? Let me know how many items there are and i wont ruin the surprise for how to get them all :)
Reply Quote
06/20/2011 01:22 AMPosted by Kreamer
So I found the emerald ring. Found the silver chain. And found the ruby ring. I know you are letting people explore to find things on their own but can you at least tell me how many more items there are if there are any more? Let me know how many items there are and i wont ruin the surprise for how to get them all :)

How you obtain the silver chain anyway?
Reply Quote
This "hidden queen" that drops the red ruby is about to send me on another 3 hour long excursion through this game X.X can't wait! :D
UGH, apparently giving it to a bird is a terrible idea :( still have no idea where this queen would be. If it was an actual queen (the zerg unit) I would assume that it would be on the middle island with the weird bee hive and creep on it. But no such luck.
-edit hmmmm, it won't let me completely block off the "bee hive" with walls and so it leads me to believe that something is meant to spawn from it. I must be missing something.

What is the red ruby you're talking about and where to obtain them?
Reply Quote
The functions of certain objects have not yet been fully implemented.

Don't look for things toooooo hard.
Edited by Kenoli on 6/20/2011 5:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i am more then happy to test the game as much as you need me to just let me know
Reply Quote
The functions of certain objects have not yet been fully implemented.

Don't look for things toooooo hard.

Does that mean I found them all? lol.
I kinda do like the Idea of the rings and chain however for the trouble it takes to get them I think they should be tweaked a bit. Only powering up 1 unit kinda blows lol. I was thinking if instead it powered up all units in a 3-4 range radius it would really turn the tide in battles and make them very worth finding. With a larger area of effect the actual stat effects may have to be dulled down a little bit though. Just something that might be cool to work with and give the game a nice edge.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]