StarCraft® II

Civilization Sapphire

where are you suppose to put buildings?
You can build them over the ruins of your enemies' buildings.
Reply Quote
After having worked on this map for about a week in virtual isolation, I silently and secretly published it on bnet.

Without community involvement and without so much as a whisper to anyone, it was able to rise to page 2 in a matter of hours, or page 1 if you look at the custom category, with hundreds of bookmarks and thousands of hours of playtime.

I guess I'd call that a success.

Everyone spending so much time trying to figure out wtf the ring does, and where the ruby/chains come from.
Reply Quote
Alliances ruin this game D:

either i get triple teamed by 3 little kids or someone allies someone else and he leaves giving him all of his buildings and almost doubling his Eco and tech amount...... please remove alliances... and some bases have a lot more barbs and hoplights around than others i would think about balancing that.
Reply Quote
^ If no one wants an alliance with you, that's a personal issue bro.

Also since its the most logical will the ruby, emerald, silver chain, and whatever else form some sort of super weapon?

Reply Quote
Alliances mean pretty much nothing.... Usually a group of 3-5 just ally each other and then usually lose because they're new, but if they weren't they'd just steamroll everyone else. Also the best part about an alliance is that it makes it easier to destroy people when they're your allies.... I don't see how to fix that as if you could win as a team (if you could win at all) 5 people would ally each other. The whole alliance in an FFA seems broken. The idea is the have a truce, not to ally and conquer everyone else. It's an FFA.
Reply Quote
I like the ability to ally. It makes the game more interesting, imo. However, I think there should be a limit how many people can be in an alliance (like 2 or 3?). Having 5 people in a single alliance makes ridiculously easy to win for those 5 people, but near impossible for the rest of the players.

It would be nice for there to be an incentive for going solo as well. Although, killing your neighbor and taking his land is sometimes a good incentive *evil grin*
Reply Quote
Alright, finally getting around to posting on here, seems like there's been a lot of good idea's suggested so far!

Scouting, yes it can be a problem getting a proper view of the world with all the barbarians around, meaning you don't really get a view of the enemies army unless you somehow convince them to ally you, or towards the end of the game. I have an idea that may be able to fix that.

Diplomat Unit: Immune to damage, attack: none, invisible to barbarians (Somehow) Duration, 60-120 seconds, cooldown on summon 5 minutes. Possibly get this unit at age 4-5.

A few upgrade ideas I had in mind, currently, a unit has NO chance on fighting the unit of the next tier, I.E. Barbarian vs Hoplite, you need about 5-6 barbarians to take out one of the hoplites.

Barbarian Upgrade: Attack Dog (Hunting dog, etc etc) A zergling model, it spawns everytime you train a barbarian, give it 1-2 damage, and 10-15 hp, and you've got a unique upgrade that helps bring the barbarian up to speed. Making the gap between tiers slightly less extreme.

Hoplite Upgrade: Spear Toss ( Javelin throwing etc etc) Give the hoplites a special ability to throw the spears hoplites were armed with, to get an extra shot off before a battle, and switch to using their swords. Give it an auto toggle, 10-15 damage, and a 1 minute cooldown, this Hoplite should be able to stand a better chance against a knight now that it got that extra 15 damage off.

Upgrades should continue in this fashion, but be unique for each unit, I.E., Knights should get mounts which are + movement speed and hp. Pikeman should get extra range, (aoe should be removed in my opinion, it gives them too much of an advantage, but that's not the subject of this discussion :P)

Well, I hope to see some of these ideas in game, but the chances of that aren't likely, gotta say though, i really like this game ^.^

EDIT: Oh, I forgot something, you shouldn't be able to ally with someone via the diplomacy screen until you've seen one of their buildings/units, in order to help prevent pre-teaming.
Edited by Boognish on 6/20/2011 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i think that you should be able to vote what kind of teams you want at the start of the game
the choices would be
4vs4
2vs2vs2vs2
ffa

and if ffa is voted for then they vote for
custom alliances?
yes
no

when its preset to ffa its boring
everyone dies in the first 5 minutes of the game
Edited by SanderCohen on 6/20/2011 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/20/2011 03:36 PMPosted by Boognish
IT: Oh, I forgot something, you shouldn't be able to ally with someone via the diplomacy screen until you've seen one of their buildings/units, in order to help prevent pre-teaming.

This.
Reply Quote
06/20/2011 09:14 PMPosted by ViVi
NERF the armor on FIREBATS, pretty sad how 2 firebats can kill 50 marines

They were nerfed from 8 to like 2 armor now. Still if they can get within range they are pretty deadly though but then again the archer is a wowfully low tier unit.
Reply Quote
Different game modes like 2v2v2v2, or 3v3v3 or 1 vs all or something? It'd be more interesting :)
Reply Quote
can we come up with a channel name to meet up people who want to play this?
Reply Quote
There's a channel, it's Civilization Sapphire ^.^ Not very much activity though, it could use some... advertising I s'pose, I'll try and tell everyone about it at the start of each game I play. :D
Reply Quote
I FOUND ANOTHER RING!!!!. ok I took a ultra to the middle island (with the zerg stuff) and gave it the emerald and them killed it. it then drop the emerald and a ruby "pendent". im still try to figure out what to do after that.
Reply Quote
06/21/2011 07:06 AMPosted by DarstOmega
I FOUND ANOTHER RING!!!!. ok I took a ultra to the middle island (with the zerg stuff) and gave it the emerald and them killed it. it then drop the emerald and a ruby "pendent". im still try to figure out what to do after that.

SPOILER ALERT^^^^^^^^^^

don't tell everyone the secrets you noob

Edit: okay sorry for calling you a noob, but just try being more discreet about the secrets as your revelation will spoil the fun for others. (ie. the ruby is at the middle island. its somewhere there. =) )
Edited by Pure on 6/23/2011 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
don't tell everyone the secrets you noob
But that's like the one thing everyone wants to know about.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]