Campaign Other races

I'm not sure if this was posted (because I won't read through 5+ pages so don't start yelling at me). However I think there's a really easy and plausible way to incorporate terran missions in HOTS. Plus this will allow people to replay the terrans with any new units they might get from HOTS.

Since Kerrigan and Raynor sort of had something going on in SC1, now that Kerrigan is "human" like again and Raynor is obviously, for some reason, still in love with her, I think it's plausible that Kerrigan's human emotions would revitalize and regain feelings for Raynor. However due to the swarm and the wars going on, it's hard to keep a relationship right? So Kerrigan sends a special zerg spy to watch Raynor and make sure he's still alive and see what he's up to (like an invisible protector).

That's when the missions kick in. We play Raynor's Terran and, while we play through the story of HOTS, we see what happens to Raynor in a more first/third person kind of way. This could allow us to keep up with the terran's role in everything in a realistic way.

Criticism?
Reply Quote
I am almost certain that there will be at least some Terran control in the HOTS campaign. However, I would prefer this be kept to a minimum. Optimally I would like to have missions where Raynor and Kerrigan work together and you get to control both races in one mission.
Reply Quote
I agree with zeo. I can see terran and zerg taking down a different zerg faction or maybe even protoss.
Reply Quote
Combining both races in some chapters is plausible. Also very appealing

Aaaaaanyway, think of this if you want to start splicing WoL and HotS:
The game starts at the hyperion: a "spaceship-like" terrain (similar to that of SC1), and you have Raynor, Human Kerrigan and a few marines under your control and Nova and the spectres are attacking, and you must survive/escape/defeat them.
Then you can have the cinematics of the Teaser Trailer.
And at last, Kerrigan manages to flee and HERE HotS starts.

Hope you understand what I meant
Reply Quote
I'd love to have zerg/terran missions, but judging from SC1, that probably won't happen till LotV. But who knows, blizzard does a good job at surprising us... for better or worse.
Reply Quote
06/20/2011 10:19 PMPosted by Doguso
I'd love to have zerg/terran missions, but judging from SC1, that probably won't happen till LotV. But who knows, blizzard does a good job at surprising us... for better or worse.
'
This is fact.
Reply Quote
What I'd like to see is to be able to CHOOSE which forces you will command in a given mission. For example, if we assume that Jim Raynor will be trying to rescue Kerrigan or save her or something from those who want to see her dead, and maybe to do this has to help her regain control of the Zerg or something, perhaps we could have the option of playing as either Kerrigans' Zerg OR Jim Raynors' Terrans?

IMO this would also be interesting because it would give the game VASTLY larger amounts of replay value - you could play the campaign through once as Raynor helping Kerrigan, and then if you like, play it through again as Kerrigan with the assistance of Raynor; or vice versa.

Another possible angle to consider is that perhaps, due to Zeratul's visions from WoL, some protoss might have an interest in keeping Kerrigan alive? So if that's the case, perhaps you could CHOOSE from 3 playable factions for the HoTS single player: Zeratul/Protoss faction, Raynor/Terran faction, or Kerrigan/Zerg faction.

Perhaps the game could allow you to choose which to play as in any given mission on a mission-by-mission basis, i.e. maybe you want to play as Zerg on the first mission, but then command the Terrans on the 2nd, or vice versa. Alternately, maybe you could choose one or the other at the start and play as them throughout the campaign.

IMO any of these options are vastly better than having a "Zerg-only" single player experience in HoTS.
Edited by temps on 7/2/2011 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Combining both races in some chapters is plausible. Also very appealing

Aaaaaanyway, think of this if you want to start splicing WoL and HotS:
The game starts at the hyperion: a "spaceship-like" terrain (similar to that of SC1), and you have Raynor, Human Kerrigan and a few marines under your control and Nova and the spectres are attacking, and you must survive/escape/defeat them.
Then you can have the cinematics of the Teaser Trailer.
And at last, Kerrigan manages to flee and HERE HotS starts.

Hope you understand what I meant

... And then on your HoTS missions, hopefully you can CHOOSE to have the option of playing as Raynor's Raiders (Terran), or Kerrigan's Zerg =)
Edited by temps on 7/2/2011 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What I'd like to see is to be able to CHOOSE which forces you will command in a given mission. For example, if we assume that Jim Raynor will be trying to rescue Kerrigan or save her or something from those who want to see her dead, and maybe to do this has to help her regain control of the Zerg or something, perhaps we could have the option of playing as either Kerrigans' Zerg OR Jim Raynors' Terrans?

IMO this would also be interesting because it would give the game VASTLY larger amounts of replay value - you could play the campaign through once as Raynor helping Kerrigan, and then if you like, play it through again as Kerrigan with the assistance of Raynor; or vice versa.

Another possible angle to consider is that perhaps, due to Zeratul's visions from WoL, some protoss might have an interest in keeping Kerrigan alive? So if that's the case, perhaps you could CHOOSE from 3 playable factions for the HoTS single player: Zeratul/Protoss faction, Raynor/Terran faction, or Kerrigan/Zerg faction.

Perhaps the game could allow you to choose which to play as in any given mission on a mission-by-mission basis, i.e. maybe you want to play as Zerg on the first mission, but then command the Terrans on the 2nd, or vice versa. Alternately, maybe you could choose one or the other at the start and play as them throughout the campaign.

IMO any of these options are vastly better than having a "Zerg-only" single player experience in HoTS.

A pretty lengthy and elaborate way of saying "I want more Terran missions in HotS."
I've had enough of Terran; I'd much rather have another Protoss mini-campaign.

Seriously, Terran just had a whole game dedicated to them, and now you want to muscle in on Zerg's only shining moment by making them share the spotlight with everyone else in the game? You all will probably be demanding Terran missions in LotV when it comes too, huh?

Sorry, but HotS won't be "HotS: Terran Campaign Part 2". And if it is, then it proves Terran is spoiled beyond belief.
Edited by Leon on 7/2/2011 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

[...]I've had enough of Terran; I'd much rather have another Protoss mini-campaign. [...]You all will probably be demanding Terran missions in LotV when it comes too, huh?

While tbh I'd be more interested in the Terran missions, I'd be cool with that as well. I thought I was pretty clear that a Zeratul-protoss faction in HoTS would make good sense story-wise. I was just hoping it wasn't a singularly-Zerg expansion. It also might be a good idea to keep protoss people on board with the expansion since LoTV is coming out last.
Edited by temps on 7/2/2011 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow....all that Translates to: I want more Terran Missions because I think terran is better than every other race, I don't think Zerg should get there own campaign and we should make it Terran instead even though Terran already had their own campaign.

You want a terran campaign replay WoL dont butt into zerg's campaign.
Reply Quote
I don't. Honestly I prefer zerg vastly over terran. But, just like protoss butted in on the terran campaign, I don't see why the terran can't have 2-3 missions for themselves, to help with the story and give a slight change to the campaign. Plus if all the races are getting a new unit or two, I think it'd be nice to allow terran to have a campaign to use them on.

Having 2 to 3 BONUS missions is just a nice idea to incorporate into a 20, 30 zerg mission marathon. I don't get why you all are getting so angry about this. Sides a mission revolving around Raynor makes WAY more sense than a mission revolving around protoss. The only thing protoss would want to do with the zerg is kill them, except for Zeratul. Raynor has a great deal more options in terms of story telling and motives to generate strong mini-missions on.

But ya that idea to choose which force to use in each mission is a little ridiculous. That's defeating the purpose of a zerg campaign. If there is another race in the game, it'll be like the protoss in WoL, 2-4 mini missions.

And by terran/zerg missions, I don't mean every damn mission. If you had played SC1, you'd know about the final missions in both games where you played multiple races. Something like that would be fun, where at the very end of the game you have 1, very unlikely 2 missions where you played both races as they teamed up against something big. You know it'll happen sometime in LotV, but why not HotS just once? It's just a thought, don't get butt hurt because you lose to terran and QQ here (and I'm not a terran player obviously).
Edited by Doguso on 7/10/2011 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Seeing more than one PoV in a single game is always good.

Parallel storylines are pretty much necessary, seeing as there's likely to be no UNN on-board the Leviathan.
Reply Quote
Sorry Doguso I was talking to temps not you I forgot to quote what he said.
Reply Quote
okay, i think the zerg campaign should be about 30 missions, then on top of that 3 terran missions ans 3 toss missions, to keep an eye on the story with th other perspective
Reply Quote
It should be a Zerg campaign first and foremost but another small storyline wouldn't hurt. Toss missions wouldn't really make sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]