StarCraft® II

PRICE

In lots of games since it's an expansion it is a reduced cost for example street fighter 4 and super street fighter 4. Street fighter 4 was 60.00 Dollars while super street fighter 4 was i think 30.00 or something along that range. It makes sence because it's not a totally different game and it's pretty much the same game we were playing however make it that the expansion requires starcraft 2 wings of liberty. If u dont have starcraft 2 wings of liberty make it a reduced price that seems fair HOWEVER it is my opinion and i want to know what you think

Protoss= MY LIFE FOR AIUR
Zerg= FOR THE SWARM
Terran= A MOVE STIM YEAH
Reply Quote
Edit : Terran= A MOVE STIM BRB gotta get a sandwitch
Reply Quote
by clicking the edit button on your post you can edit it so you dont need to post again
Reply Quote
If u don't like the price don't buy it.
Reply Quote
Uhhhh.
We've known for like, years now that heart of the swarm would be an expansion, and that it would be cheaper than wings of liberty.
Reply Quote
And so, all the unbelievers can be silenced, young one. There is no standard edition cost of $60, for it is $40 to purchase it. But behold that it is so that those who desire the CE copy of HOTS must pay the $60. Now no one can lie about the cost and cast about their troll fires that the game will cost too much.

Uhhhh.
We've known for like, years now that heart of the swarm would be an expansion, and that it would be cheaper than wings of liberty.
Reply Quote
Standard: $39.99
Deluxe: $59.99
Collector's Edition: $79.99

Which will you chose?
Reply Quote
What I don't understand is why the "Digital Deluxe" costs more than the standard. That sort of stuff should just be included in the regular edition. That being said, it doesn't really effect me much as I'm getting the Collector's Edition. Though once again, I wish they would set up a trading system. I'd love to get the SC2 bonuses from WarCraft and Diablo, but I have no intention of buying those games, and would be more than happy to give up the items I have/will be getting for them.
Reply Quote

Which will you chose?

Obviously the standard. Some of us are still extremely poor and don't have any money to spare. That's why I'm glad the standard is only $40. If it was $50 or more I'd be pissed.
Reply Quote
I'm a standard guy myself. While I can afford it. It's just been a consistent fun path to enjoy the simplicity of the standard boxes. I do kind of wish that I had some of those portraits and D3 goodies, but I really want to work on my zerg portraits through ladder games and show those off ... some day.

Maybe, maaaaybeeee I will get the protoss CE as they are my main race, but I don't think I will. Those boxes do look really cool though.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:47 PMPosted by MarioFanXV
What I don't understand is why the "Digital Deluxe" costs more than the standard. That sort of stuff should just be included in the regular edition. That being said, it doesn't really effect me much as I'm getting the Collector's Edition. Though once again, I wish they would set up a trading system. I'd love to get the SC2 bonuses from WarCraft and Diablo, but I have no intention of buying those games, and would be more than happy to give up the items I have/will be getting for them.

They're special bonus items that normally are only in the Collector's Edition... they shouldn't just be in the standard edition.
Reply Quote
Being a zerg player I'm really torn on deciding between deluxe or regular because I REALLY REALLY want that torrasque skin. The portraits are cool, yeah, but i like my hydra portrait.

I agree they should either have an option to give away the d3 or wow stuff or put more stuff in the deluxe for sc2 and not other games.

Anyway, since I don't want to pay even $40 on the regular, I'm prob not going to get deluxe although I swear blizzard would prob make more money if they add more incentive (more skins, portraits, etc.) more ppl would get the deluxe like me.
Reply Quote
Being a zerg player I'm really torn on deciding between deluxe or regular because I REALLY REALLY want that torrasque skin. The portraits are cool, yeah, but i like my hydra portrait.

I agree they should either have an option to give away the d3 or wow stuff or put more stuff in the deluxe for sc2 and not other games.

Anyway, since I don't want to pay even $40 on the regular, I'm prob not going to get deluxe although I swear blizzard would prob make more money if they add more incentive (more skins, portraits, etc.) more ppl would get the deluxe like me.

Well if you've got the patience, you COULD wait a little after release date to see if any of the editions go on sale.
Reply Quote

If it works like I understand that the Mists digital deluxe works, you can just buy the standard edition if that's all you can afford right now, and then later (even post-release) if you have some extra money or feel you really want that ultralisk skin you can upgrade for $20.

Well if you've got the patience, you COULD wait a little after release date to see if any of the editions go on sale.

The CE is only going to get more expensive, and Blizzard likely won't offer a discount on the digital deluxe for a long time, if ever.
Edited by Chorn on 11/18/2012 1:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's actually, although being referred to as an expansion set by Blizzard themselves, it's really a new game. Unlike typical expansions, you are getting a full games worth of content, much like how Brood Wars added 30 missions whereas your typical expansion would have only had something like 10.

Admittedly it does suck for the guys that are only in it for the multi-player, but whether or not you need to actually buy the new game to keep playing or to get new multi-player units, anyone know?

As someone says, don't agree with price don't buy it I guess.
Reply Quote

Which will you chose?

If I could control myself, I would just get the standard digital copy...but since I can't I snap-ordered the boxed CE. Love those artbooks and cd soundtracks. MP3 hurts my ears.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 03:37 AMPosted by JimBurns
It's actually, although being referred to as an expansion set by Blizzard themselves, it's really a new game. Unlike typical expansions, you are getting a full games worth of content, much like how Brood Wars added 30 missions whereas your typical expansion would have only had something like 10.

Not counting the bonus mission each race had 8 missions in brood wars so it had about 80% of the campaign content. Now the the terran campaign for the first half might as well have been a tutorial in sc1 OC.
Reply Quote
I think its funny that I have seen many posts complaining about HOTS being too expensive and how if it the price of the full game they weren't going to buy it.

Then you have other people who apparently have more money then they know what to do with and pay twice as much for the game for some worthless !@#$.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]