StarCraft® II

Authenticating Download of Mac Client

I had been playing sc2 on a windows PC for about the last 9 months or so and when I got a mac to replace the old computer I tried to download the client. Upon clicking the downloader I get the following error:
There was a problem authenticating your download. Please go to http://www.blizzard.com/account/ to start a new download.

I have seen some other people post no this topic and it seems that no one has had very much success. I would appreciate some guidance on this issue. Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
First is probably the easiest. Try a different browser. Safari & Firefox, for example, handle downloads slightly differently.

Second, make sure that any security programs you have installed are either configured properly to allow the download or removed altogether.

Third, if you're normally using a wireless connection, we would ask that you connect to a wired connection, bypassing the router if at all possible.

If you are running any kind of torrent program, you will want to make sure that it is not running when you start downloading.

If that doesn't work, the DNS cache may need to be flushed. To do this go into the Terminal (Go > Utilities > Terminal) and type in the following:

For Leopard (10.5) & Snow Leopard (10.6):
dscacheutil -flushcache
Press Return

**Note: Terminal will not tell you if it's successful, only if there was a problem.

You can also try creating a new admin account:
1. Go to Apple menu => System Preferences => Accounts
2. Create a new Admin account
3. Log into that account
4. Go back into the www.blizzard.com/store and sign in
5. Now go ahead and download downloader
6. Download the installer into the following folder: Mac HD => Users =>Shared
7. Log back into your original Account
8. Run the installer from the shared folder

Klint P
ATS - Mac Tech

The Restrooms are for paying customers only.

Cannot find a resolution on the forums, contact a Support Rep directly:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

https://www.surveymk.com/s/TKL88F8
Reply Quote
I got mine to work.

Im on a mac book pro running Lion

I first choosen the application folder when it asked me where do i want to download it to... not thinking that it cant write to the app folder

If you did this too follow the instruction below:

Download the zip file from battle.net
extract to your Download folder

open termial and run this:
sudo "/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Downloads/Downloader.app/Contents/MacOS/Blizzard Downloader"

make sure tou change YOURUSERNAME to what ever user your logged in with to your mac

this will allow tou to change the download loaction... choose any other folder than the application one and you should be good... just choose the Download folder

let me know if this helped anyone
Edited by YAC on 8/17/2011 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got mine to work.

I first choosen the application folder when it asked me where do i want to download it to... not thinking that it cant write to the app folder

sudo "/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Downloads/Downloader.app/Contents/MacOS/Blizzard Downloader"

make sure tou change YOURUSERNAME to what ever user your logged in with to your mac

this will allow tou to change the download loaction... choose any other folder than the application one and you should be good... just choose the Download folder

@YAC thanks! that worked like a charm
Reply Quote
I got mine to work.

@YAC thanks! that worked like a charm

It tells me no such file or directory...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Boss,

Are you having this issue too? If you need to change where the downloader goes, you might want to try to remove your Blizzard folder under Users/Shared and it should allow you to do that.

So, Thrall, Jaina, and Kerrigan are all sitting around playing poker…
Reply Quote
awesome! worked for me thanks!
Reply Quote
Wow I've been looking everywhere for a solution and nearly gave up. YAC's terminal command works and not ONE tech support person has included that method in their diagnostic suggestions.
Reply Quote
It says command not found for me.. and yes I changed 'yourusername' to my user name :(
Reply Quote
i need help, i can't do that
Reply Quote
where should we put it instead of applications?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try some of the additional suggestions in our support article: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/blizzard-downloader-troubleshooting-mac
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]