StarCraft® II

Lets just be honest

What we've seen so far of HotS has been a huge disappointment. This game looks more like a lame spin-off of WoL instead of it's own, amazing expansion. And the writing...my god the writing.
Reply Quote
lets be honest, we can't judge the game before we play it.
Reply Quote
You know, I was excited until they said they were going to only have maybe 10-12 units within the single-player campaign. Evolving units is cool, but that only augments their roles, not makes them something different. I've heard nothing about the story for HoTs but Liberty was disappointing. Not sure about this one.
Reply Quote
The writing is place-holder, they even came out and said that. Also, we have seen hardly anything about it.

Did you expect the game to have entirely new units, buildings, etc? This isn't a new game, it's just an expansion, but it is not a spin-off. I doubt you even know what you're talking about when you call it that.
Reply Quote
Yes, I did expect them to have entirely new units. I expected Blizzard to think of some new things and implement them into the game instead of reusing old ideas and throwing them into a game and calling it an expansion.
Reply Quote
06/21/2011 10:52 PMPosted by Dreadnaught
Evolving units is cool, but that only augments their roles, not makes them something different

this
Reply Quote
all we have seen was about 12 screenshots and a 1 minute gameplay video. Plus everything is still in early develeopment so there is alot of room for change so wait for the game to come out before you judge it.
Reply Quote
The story was never really WoL's strong point. I'm expecting HotS to be amazing, at least gameplay wise, but the story is best to imagine just not being cannon. It's better that way.
Reply Quote
06/21/2011 09:19 PMPosted by sudowoodo
What we've seen so far of HotS has been a huge disappointment
Yeah. You'd think the game was more than a year from release.
Reply Quote
06/22/2011 06:26 AMPosted by Kyakan
The story was never really WoL's strong point. I'm expecting HotS to be amazing, at least gameplay wise, but the story is best to imagine just not being cannon. It's better that way.

I think that your right.
It not that the story in WoL was bad it just that it was not amazing like SC1. I love the gameplay in WoL(campaign), although some of the missions in WoL were not hard enough on brutal.

06/21/2011 10:52 PMPosted by Dreadnaught
You know, I was excited until they said they were going to only have maybe 10-12 units within the single-player campaign.

where are you getting this only 10-12 units in the campaign?
Reply Quote
WoL concentrated on the multiplayer aspect of the game tweaking and balancing; the single player campaign suffered for it; from the blizzcon interview they plan on concentrating on the single player campaign, I'll wait the 1.5-2 years if that is indeed when they intend to release to make a judgement.

you seem to want to condemn Heart of the Swarm because of WoL's writing either because of altered lore or retcons yet if you really want to punish Blizz stop buying their games; or make suggestions i.e. what made Sc1 so great y did you enjoy it why 12 years after the last expansion do you still play it? otherwise you come across as a troll
Reply Quote
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=234187

Listen at about 2:00 mark and you'll hear the 10-12 units but with different evolution paths.

Let's start counting units, shall we?

Drone
Queen
Overseer
Zergling
Baneling
Roach
Hydralisk
Mutalisk
Corruptor
Infestor
Ultralisk
Broodlord

I count 12 units in that selection. Ew.

They might be cheap and just make mutations completely new units, but that is not what it looks like from the evolutions they have showed us within the videos.
Edited by Dreadnaught on 6/22/2011 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Drone
Queen
Overseer
Zergling
Baneling
Roach
Hydralisk
Mutalisk
Corruptor
Infestor
Ultralisk
Broodlord

soooooooooo no lurker, !#!%!!!!
Edited by Ragnarok on 6/23/2011 2:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Its too early, we've only seen a two minute trailer and the game is still in alhpa phase.
Reply Quote
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=234187

Listen at about 2:00 mark and you'll hear the 10-12 units but with different evolution paths.

Let's start counting units, shall we?

Drone
Queen
Overseer
Zergling
Baneling
Roach
Hydralisk
Mutalisk
Corruptor
Infestor
Ultralisk
Broodlord

I count 12 units in that selection. Ew.

They might be cheap and just make mutations completely new units, but that is not what it looks like from the evolutions they have showed us within the videos.

They've even said that haven't decided the new units. They're still in the concept art phase for most of them. Of course the placeholders are going to be the old units. This is EARLY Alpha.
Reply Quote
I'd hope that early alpha note is the case, otherwise campaign is going to be rather low on unit selection (not including evolutions).

The worst part about the 12 units I spoke of earlier didn't even include the overlord...
Edited by Dreadnaught on 6/23/2011 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The game isn't even out yet...
Reply Quote
It may not be out yet but that doesn't mean those in the SC community might not like the alpha decisions they are making. The lack of units seems really gagtastic.
Reply Quote
I don't see why they wouldn't include the Lurker in HotS: the unit can be found in the Galaxy Editor and is fully functional. I can also see the Scourge becoming playable as well.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 6/23/2011 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]