StarCraft® II

UNIT FOR HOTS

Do you have a better idea then this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMG-LWyNcAs&feature=relmfu

P.S.: Zerg players! You should totally check this out! You will like it!
Reply Quote
Invading units from the insides? neat!
Reply Quote
wow. I'm not even zerg and that looks cool as hell. anyways I think it should be pretty much what GGMenaus said, except a few eggs pop out that after a short time (say 5 seconds) would pop out as zerglings or broodlings, and you take control of the host, albiet it would have lost 10-20% of it's hp, and unless a zerg unit, would need a medivac to heal it.
Edited by Jake on 6/24/2011 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think it would be cooler if you did this with a burrowed unit and the terran, protoss, or zerg player has no idea their unit is infected. Then after maybe like 15 seconds their unit spews out some broodlings (6?) but they don't have a timer.
Reply Quote
That would be an awesome Queen ability.

Parasite [25 energy, 3 range]
When target unit (friend or foe) dies, 2-3 larva are spawned.

Use it on Zerglings to easily use up extra Queen energy.
Zerg would be able to produce extra larva during early game with a spare Queen instead of Macro Hatch.
Think it would greatly help early game (too much?).
Reply Quote
holy @#*%.............
Reply Quote
O_O Holy mother of god. Damn, Nature, you scary.
Reply Quote
Wow...that's...disturbing. Not sure how it would work in game...maybe spawn zerglings when the unit dies(dealing damage until then)?
Reply Quote
The link isn't working for me
Reply Quote
06/23/2011 05:00 PMPosted by GrimRipper
The link isn't working for me

Maybe you didnt copy it correctly
Reply Quote
Do you have a better idea then this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMG-LWyNcAs&feature=relmfu

P.S.: Zerg players! You should totally check this out! You will like it!

This is an excellent example of what Blizzard needs to take deeply to heart to get Starcraft back on the path to perfection. Put some science into the fiction.

For the most part Starcraft is void of actual real scientific content. This is actually normal these days. Successful SciFi titles such as Battle Star Galactica, Star Wars & Fire Fly don't have a lot of science in their sci to fi ratio. But adding real scientific terminology & actual truth is stranger than fiction biology-engineering-chemistry to the game (like the op suggested) will work wonders to restore the suspension of disbelief that blizzard has lost. No nerd is gonna geek out on Galactica their whole life. No professor is going to reference an episode of fire fly during a lecture. If a professor did reference anything in lecture it would be a Roddenberry episode of Star Trek or an episode of Dr Who that is older than the students hearing the lecture. There is a great opportunity for Blizzard to expand & strengthen their audience just by pumping some science into their fiction, like Myth Busters.

Blizzard clearly had no intention of "getting real" in the first place. Starcraft is born of very stylistic artistry, not scientific accuracy. The creators are more focused on the novel artistry of things rather than their practicality. Meatalopolis is a battle atop skysc@#%!rs, cool idea, but it's not something that will ever happen. Pretty stylistic artistry is what Blizzard has tried to be good at & therefore succeeded in being good at.

They have not tried to "get real" therefore the game doesn't hold up to critical minds well. Anyone trying to find scientific holes is going to have just as easy a time as someone trying to find plot holes.
On the other hand if Blizzard did try to "get real" then alot of the plot holes would close as well. By constraining their story to actual known scientific reality they would have rules to follow, & by following & detailing these rules they would then expand their audience & give their existing audience a chance to find the story believable again.

Anyway let me wrap up, I know long posts don't work well with these attention spans.
If you add real Biology to Zerg, good things will happen.
If you add real Engineering to Terran, good things will happen.
If you add real Physics to Protoss, good things will happen.
Reply Quote
06/23/2011 12:56 AMPosted by HeReTiC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX5SKD9Es74

BTW that was awesome. Thanks to you for linking this & Blizz for thinking it up.
Reply Quote
They better add the devourer or other of those awesome powerful units because I'm sick of corruptors only doing good only on mutas, phoenxies, massive capital ships and suck against ground units and vikings.
Reply Quote
Isn't this kind of like what the "Spawn Broodlings" ability is? I mean, it's at least somewhat similar.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8
Reply Quote
what about that one thing at blizzcon or something and it was a bunker that transformed into a super ultra, imagine that in a campaign
Reply Quote
OP: Isn't that just Spawn Broodling from SC1?

06/28/2011 02:52 PMPosted by JetfirePrime
They better add the devourer or other of those awesome powerful units because I'm sick of corruptors only doing good only on mutas, phoenxies, massive capital ships and suck against ground units and vikings.

Devourers were terrible.
They were also even more useless against ground units than Corruptors. Corruptors can at least cast Corruption on ground units, Devourers can't do anything.
Reply Quote
Well Corruption does only affect one units at a time and theres a cooldown which I didn't really like that much andif I have to deal with enemy corruptors without devourers again then its the same thing to beat corruptors is to use corruptors of your own and besides I love that splash Devourers use on those cloaked wraiths and any unit they strike.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]