StarCraft® II

What Should I Buy

Hello, im pretty dumb, dont understand much about computers, i play starcraft on a laptop that has Nooooo buisness running starcraft 2, starcraft 1 would probly be laggy

Anyway, im looking to buy a pc that can run starcraft 2 my price range is about 1 thousand minerals, i talked to a alienware guy and he said that the xps-8300 would be good, i dont trust someone that has an agenda (i.e selling computers) so i wanted to know what you gentlemen would suggest

Reply Quote
build one yourself. watch a few youtube videos, trust me, nobody is stupid enough to not be able to do it. Doing it yourself is significantly better in every scenario, no exceptions. You could get a 1000 dollar PC that will max starcraft II at 60FPS in 4v4.

i5 2500k processor- 225 dollars
EVGA 560ti superclocked- 240 dollars
4GB RAM 1333MHz- 45 dollars
650w power supply- 80 dollars
Motherboard- 120 dollars
1TB 7200RPM HDD- 50 dollars
x24 sata optical drive- 20 dollars
case- 60 dollars or so
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM- 100

total of 940 dollars. Enough to throw in an aftermarket CPU cooler if you want, and will max starcraft easily no question at amazing framerates.

You won't get a prebuilt of that quality for anywhere close to 940 dollars. the i5 2500k processor and 560ti video card. If you want me to put together an exact list list of what you should buy, I'll do it tomorrow and post it here. Can you order from Newegg?

Also, avoid alienware like the plague. Overpriced as crap
Edited by Capslock on 6/21/2011 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

i5 2500k processor- 225 dollars
EVGA 560ti superclocked- 240 dollars
4GB RAM 1333MHz- 45 dollars
650w power supply- 80 dollars
Motherboard- 120 dollars
1TB 7200RPM HDD- 50 dollars
x24 sata optical drive- 20 dollars
case- 60 dollars or so
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM- 100

Also, avoid alienware like the plague. Overpriced as crap

Nice build.

I concur. Most name brands are over priced and so bloated with trial-ware/bloatware that its ridiculous to watch people buy them these days.

I truly feel sorry for the uneducated consumer.
Edited by Maldor on 6/22/2011 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/22/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Maldor
Motherboard- 120 dollars

Um, I would get a Z68 board, which would probably cost around 180 for a pretty good one. That way, you can use all of the minerals, and have a better unit... but since I'm too lazy to post a huge list with links and everything... I'll do the motherboard :D (It costs $190... but 10 bucks overbudget will only cost you... an entree item at Red Lobster lol xD?
ASRock Z68 Extreme4:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157250
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]