StarCraft® II

First PC game that really blew your mind

The first game i ever played and kept playing was Age of Empires 1. But the first game that blew my mind was homeworld 1 back in 1999.
Reply Quote
dungeon keeper :)
Reply Quote
My first game ever was SC1, got it a week after it came out. Its still one of my favourites but the first game that blew my mind?
Unreal98.
I still use the Unreal Editor to this day in the form of UDK :)
Reply Quote
Half Life
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Sim City.

I may have just dated myself a bit.
Reply Quote
Probably Warcraft 2. A friend showed it to me back in 1999, I couldn't get enough.
Reply Quote
Age of empires 1, or maybe Command and conquer red alert. Both equally awesome back in the day.
Reply Quote
Tough call.

Close Combat. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/closecombat/index.html

Or Sim City 2000.

Can't remember which I was addicted to first.
Reply Quote
Starcaft... That and Battlefield 2
Reply Quote
The King's Quest series.
Reply Quote
Tribes 1 easily. I still play Tribes 2 to this day. Everything else was dark and inside, tribes was bright and featured indoor and outdoor environments... just amazing, and that says nothing of the gameplay.
Reply Quote
Starcraft 64....hoooly shiat I was like 8 when that was out and it just blew my freaking mind.
Reply Quote
Doom 1, I have played at my parent's work, the computer technician let me play at lunch. Needless to say, I was begging them to buy me a desktop after.
Reply Quote
Warcraft 2. That game pretty much defined my childhood.
Reply Quote
It's hard to remember what the first one was..
I played consoles only for quite a while, so the first PC game that blew my mind was probably Age of Mythology. I don't think I had ever played an RTS before so that game was friggin awesome for me.
Stuff like Warcraft 2 was unfortunately before my time.
Reply Quote
Doom.

Graphically, Doom 3 like 12 years later after playing the original. That game is still scary for me lol.
Reply Quote
The original Command and Conquer.
Reply Quote
Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne.

The editor was what really blew my mind.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]