StarCraft® II

First PC game that really blew your mind

I feel so old :

Master of Orion
X-wing (and Tie fighter that was better but later)
Dune 2
Reply Quote
I'd say Warhammer 40k, Dark Crusade. I was never a big computer gamer since I had a !@#$ computer until a few years ago. Now my Ps3 collects dust lol.
Reply Quote
The first? Digger.

When I was very young I was afraid of computers. My parents tried all sorts of ways to get me to try out our new machine, and when I finally did I was hooked. I started sneaking downstairs and playing at six in the morning.

I probably obsessed over Warcraft II the most, though. I wanted that game so badly that, while the disc was in the mail, I would go on MS Paint and draw ideas for maps I wanted to make.

Definitely spent a lot of time playing Major Stryker, Sonic 2, Toejam and Earl 2 and Crash Team Racing as well.

Did anyone else play Think Quick? The one where you go through mazes looking for parts to build a knight to fight a dragon? It was an amazing puzzle game with a great (at the time) map editor, but doesn't appear to exist on the internet anywhere. It was the perfect balance of danger/excitement and education/problem solving for young children.
Reply Quote
Dragon Warrior 1

This game killed me... I was a huge pencil and paper RPGer in the eighties, and then I discovered that I could play DnD on my Nintendo!
Reply Quote
Star Wars Empire at War. It's pretty much the only game I even could get that was Star Wars.
Reply Quote
Settler 2 was good
or 大航海時代 by Koei.

Both amazing...
Reply Quote
Thief: The Dark Project was fantastic.

Warcraft 2 was up there as well....
Reply Quote
It was Diablo 2 that led me into Blizzard, and Warcraft 3 that totally blew my mind

'Til this day, I'm still hoping for a Warcraft 4.
Reply Quote
Dune 2, Wolf3D, DOOM.
Reply Quote
Probably the original Half Life.
Reply Quote
Starcraft was the first one that blew my mind but it pales a bit when I think of homeworld 2, single best campaign ive ever played.
Reply Quote
Spore.

Loved it and still love it.
Reply Quote
Freespace 2. It did everything the first game did, but even better, and with more bad-@ssery. And giant lasers.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 01:07 PMPosted by RadioMan
Freespace 2. It did everything the first game did, but even better, and with more bad-@ssery. And giant lasers.

They are Open source now so enjoy more.

while check out this one

Mac game deletes your files: is it malware or is it art?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/nov/04/mac-game-art-deletes-files
Reply Quote
Modern warfare 3 because they really innovated with taht title. Srs.

Shoot me, now.
Reply Quote
WC2! I was honestly put off by Warcraft 1, thought it was just tough rough and tough for me. But the second I saw the cinematics for Warcraft 2 I was hooked. Than the gameplay really sucked me in. Than many years later a game called Planescape: Torment completely took over my life! THose are two that really stick out.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 03:18 AMPosted by AgCl
They are Open source now so enjoy more.

I have. There are some good ones out there, but most of them are so-so quality. The majority of them have the overly used Battle of Endor at the end of them.
Reply Quote
Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]