StarCraft® II

The toughest thing to do in campaign

I would like to know, from other players' experience, what is the toughest thing to do in campaign-mode?

I imagine that beating the whole game on brutal without purchasing a single upgrade or mercenary, and without expending any research would be like getting a badge of honor.

Perhaps there's a way to completely eradicate all Zerg in "All in" before time runs out- but I haven't heard of a player doing this yet.

For me, the most difficult thing was beating "The Dig" on Brutal by destroying every last Protoss unit before the laser drill countdown reached zero.

Figuring out how to do that was more difficult than figuring out the "spam mind control" technique in "All In".

So tell me, what's the toughest thing you've done on campaign?

-JR
Edited by Raynor on 6/26/2011 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I personally haven't done any really hard crazy stuff, but I saw on the team liquid forums someone was trying to beat the campaign with only unupgraded marines, and zealots for the protoss missions, as well as the units you start off with.
Reply Quote
I am going through the campaign without building any units. Even though it's casual, it's hard as hell with some of these missions. Try doing welcome to the jungle with only 2 marines and three goliaths and the 5 scv's you start out with. Lol
Reply Quote
Listening to Matt Horner's speeches. Definitely Brutal difficulty.
Reply Quote
06/27/2011 12:52 PMPosted by KoRage
Listening to Matt Horner's speeches. Definitely Brutal difficulty.

Seconded.
Reply Quote
@ KoRage

LMAO

-JR
Reply Quote
Its not really possible to kill all zerg in All-In, because their buildings keep respawning after you kill some of them
Reply Quote
^ This is the one thing I have not done.
Edited by MrSmarter on 6/30/2011 10:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/26/2011 11:38 PMPosted by Xombie
I am going through the campaign without building any units. Even though it's casual, it's hard as hell with some of these missions.

That but on brutal :P

06/26/2011 11:38 PMPosted by Xombie
Try doing welcome to the jungle with only 2 marines and three goliaths and the 5 scv's you start out with. Lol

....I'm still stuck
Reply Quote
It has to be done on casual cuz I tried on normal and they die too quick, even with intense 100+ APM micro. >.<
Reply Quote
Completing "Maw Of The Void" on any difficulty, especially Brutal. It's impossible.
Reply Quote
Completing all of the achieves in brutal difficulty.

Reply Quote
For me, without a doubt, the absolutely most difficult thing was the "Utter Darkness" mission on brutal. [WTF?!]

#2 - Lost Viking 500,000!
#3 - Media Blitz achieve (20 minutes or less)
#4 - All In (Brutal)
Reply Quote
07/01/2011 08:31 AMPosted by FrankTheStud
Completing "Maw Of The Void" on any difficulty, especially Brutal. It's impossible.

Really? Maw of the void is the exact same on all difficulties. Mass 3/3 Battlecruisers and kill everything. Use the DT's you rescue to defend your expansion and to gather the random resources. Yamato down the generators and the mothership.

The mission is super easy if you have regenerative bio-steel and sci-vessel researched.

Lost viking was annoying, but I got 508k on my third try :D

I imagine going through brutal with no mercs or upgrades would be the best challenge. Or never building any add-ons.
Edited by ZaeZ on 7/5/2011 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Completeing "Maw of the Void" with strategies that doesn't include battlecrusiers is much more interesting.

I did it recently going 3/3 Thors carried around in a couple Hercules'.

Wow! Never thought of tryin' that, How'd that work out for resource spread compared to the resource heavy BC? More bang for your buck, yes? :)
Reply Quote
07/05/2011 07:59 PMPosted by ZaeZ
Use the DT's you rescue to defend your expansion

I've never thought about that - Sounds like a really cool idea! Where do you put them? Do you still use Terran defenses (bunkers, troops, turrets, etc.) or just the DTs? Thanks!
Reply Quote
07/05/2011 07:59 PMPosted by ZaeZ
The mission is super easy if you have regenerative bio-steel and sci-vessel researched.

I prefer the energy upgrade so that the Battlecruisers get an extra Yamato Cannon each. It's pretty legit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]