StarCraft® II

Epic Achievements [Post your stories here!]

So you think you're skilled, eh? Well I got news for you bub!
Achievements are in a completely different league than wins. Sure wins show off consistent skill in the game, but can you pull off achievements with flair? Can you pull off the most flamboyant achievement unlock in quick match?

My Epic achievement was with a ghost, my base was about to be #*%%d by my protoss opponent. He had a mothership an a ton of units. I pre-set a nuke at the ramp to my base. He ran into it and bam! I get my "I see dead units," "Nuclear Launch Detected," and "Unbreakable" achievements all at once (I countered and won after that massive wipe).

So can you pull off an epic chain or simultaneous achievement unlock. Can you?
Reply Quote
hmm does getting like 3 achievements in one game but not all at once count?
Reply Quote
I guess since it's like a chain. I mean I could have pulled off "Professionals Have Standards" with the same ghost, but I just wanted to win :)
Reply Quote
well it wasn't a chain either i just happened to get it does it still count?
Reply Quote
Recently, I got 6 achievements in one game, although it was against an AI. I was playing an Insane AI, beat him in 4 minutes 58 seconds. After i was awarded the following achievements:

Insane Blitz
Very Hard Blitz
Hard Blitz
Medium Blitz
Insane AI Romp
Very Hard AI Romp
Reply Quote
I once played 5 games. And got the leauge qualifier achievement.
Reply Quote
Recently, I got 6 achievements in one game, although it was against an AI. I was playing an Insane AI, beat him in 4 minutes 58 seconds. After i was awarded the following achievements:

Insane Blitz
Very Hard Blitz
Hard Blitz
Medium Blitz
Insane AI Romp
Very Hard AI Romp

...did you spine crawler rush??? :P
Reply Quote
One time I was on the bio lab map. One of my allies had been cheesed and had took his CC to a nearby gold. He put up a sensor tower at the entrance to his overrun main. We were horrified when the tower picked up about 100 hits. seeing as my expo was right next to the entrance, I rallied my 200/200 hydralisks with 3-3 upgrades. I then built about 20 spine crawlers infront of the bridge to his main. Then an army of zealots tried to rush through this defense and were massacred as I quickly collected the meatgrinder achievment. We then rushed in to find that the guy had built a whole base there. As we destroyed it efortlessly, I saw about 20 battle cruisers coming around to attack my main, containing my hydra den, hive, and all my other support structures. I desperately sent my hydras over to my base. When the smoke cleared, my main was untouched and only 20 of my hydras remained, but the battle cruisers had been routed. Then, a massive force of lings came and tried to knock down the wall blocking entry into the large area that connected our mains. Since the already had a lot of kills from the zealots, I soon had the unbreakable achievement. We eventually went on to sweep the game.
Reply Quote
i got To the shadows I run achievement with a stalker with 1 health 0 shield in a FFA
Reply Quote
I lined it up so that I got the:

Brutal Completionist
Sarah Kerrigan Portrait
Brutal 25
Aces High
Final Mastery
Valerion Mengsk Portrait

Achievements all at once for beating the All In mission on Brutal (VS Air)
Took me like 10 tries though...
Reply Quote
I got the same thing as AC, plus its rainin blood when my opponent was droppin troops outside my base via medivacs. i guess he was waitin to rush, because he wasnt movin in. so i snuck my ghost up to the cliff overlookin his position, set a nuke on him, and enjoyed a sweet victory shortly afterwards. i was surprised at the its rainin blood one, but foun out on the replay he had three full medivacs on their way and got caught in the blast as they positioned to unload troops
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]