DARK DEEDS [Official Thread]

Lol same, and I will be attending, I'm not sure if i'll play all day or on and off, but for a good portion of it I will be attending. I loved DD and was sad to see that it died after 6 weeks ago when I last played it (and a bit of sc2).
Reply Quote
I'm glad to hear that you will be attending, and I fully understand playing off and on. It's actually what I expect from most of the players. But rest assured, the only times during the day that i will not have a lobby open and waiting for people to join. Is when we are in a game. Patience they say is a virtue, if that is true, i must be very virtuous. lol
Reply Quote
DD may be starting to b popular again, good number of people playing dd today, thursday not friday.
Reply Quote
Agreed, and i hope we have even more tomorrow. I do hope this game picks up popularity again. Sadly, it looks like we're the only ones using this thread. lol

As such, if no-one else posts in here by this coming Monday, I might hi-jack it and use it to post a link to the thread I'll be starting for my own mod that day. Right now still in the designing stage. Long way away from having a playable mod, but the thread will be to bounce ideas around.
Reply Quote
Ok yeah just a bit of a misunderstanding lol. That is ok with me as the other you have a right to try to get people, especially if your game is similar to dd.
NOTE: I edited this to say something completely different, kit please read it again.
Edited by Zerglord on 9/2/2011 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I fully understand. miscommunication happens :)

EDIT: no need to have a long explanation when the situation has been fully resolved :)
Edited by kitsunekune on 9/2/2011 8:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well that was a fun day of dd, at the peak of the day dd was on the higher part of p4, but slowly sunk down to top of p6 2-3 hrs b4 the end.
Reply Quote
Does anyone know if there is a place I can get the map so I can edit it in the mapmaker? I would be interested in trying to update it a bit since it doesn't seem like anyone else is.
Reply Quote
I don't know where you can find a map, but the game seems to be getting semi-popular with games of 4-6 people going most of the day.
Reply Quote
It's been several months since I've posted (I think?). Life got busy, things got put on the backburner.

Good to see there's still some activity on the game, though I haven't been a part of that - sadly.

As far as updates or anything of that nature, as far as I'm aware, Tren is very much engrossed in his real life right now - for reasons that I won't go into. Anyhow, he's doing well.

I'll probably pop in once in a great (this term used loosely) while to see how things are going. Though, without updates, I'm pretty sure things will be about the same.

Goobles: There isn't anywhere you can get a copy of the map you can edit. It's been protected for many reasons - again, which I won't go into.
Reply Quote
Thanks helemar, and because of the lack of updates not many people play, and half of those people are people that started playing after the updates stopped. Well I'll be off for awile, as school has made me much more busy.
Reply Quote
The game is bugged now. Mercs don't even refresh.
Reply Quote
Do people still play this? I think it's time for a re-release :D
Reply Quote
I love this game... Why did it have to die?
-P.S. Galaxy Vampirism SUCKS REALLY BAD!!
Reply Quote
I'd love it if this game could be revamped and re-released again. It was so good, and I'm sure that it would catch on in popularity now, what with all the !@#$ty DOTA games out there right now.
Reply Quote
I love this game... Why did it have to die?
-P.S. Galaxy Vampirism SUCKS REALLY BAD!!

It didn't die, just played 2 or 3 games of it.

I definately agree that Vampirism sucks, i didn't know how to detonate, and when i asked everyone told me to leave. Maybe it's just the people.
Reply Quote
I would think it would be great if the game could be reborn, so that people can play something else than DOTA in the custom games. Honestly, there isn't much choice as it stands, and this game could garner some serious support from players should it be released again. This is probably my favorite custom game as it stands, but after August, I haven't seen a soul playing it anymore.

Trench, your public awaits!
Reply Quote
Alright, another thing, you can only get one merc of each type in the game. is that intentional?
Reply Quote
anyone know what broken circle thing is on mini map ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]