StarCraft® II

DARK DEEDS [Official Thread]

Gjallar,

Yeah, seems like that's probably the answer. I made it so the speed can't be changed. I just wish it hasn't interfered with this opportunity to boost our popularity. Oh well.

No forum yet, but if a lot of people start using the site I'll add one. For now it's easy enough to comment on posts.
Reply Quote
DARK DEEDS 1.42-3: See patch notes at http://www.dark-deeds.com
Reply Quote
Anyone know what morning jog does?
Reply Quote
I think the MS is due for a nerf. I understand that he can be SCV rushed first night, but since he has blink, he can easily get out of tricky situations. I just played a game as the MS and I won within 3 days. I didn't even have to transform back into an SCV during the day time, because of the MS large sight radius. I don't really know how to fix the MS, but I win every game as him, and so does everyone else unless they are a noob. Maybe you could nerf blink a bit so that he couldn't get away as easily.
Reply Quote
It does take good players to counter the MS. I've been in an 8 player game and killed everyone by 9AM second day. But still, there are definitely MS games where the evil has lost. Try egg salads and zealots?
Reply Quote
WW kinda needs a buff. Way too easy to counter, hosers are immediate GG for him. They have too much HP for nanovirus to kill, and can simply kite the WW to death. Its almost impossible to dodge the flipping things!
Reply Quote
DARK DEEDS 2.0: Global weather effects, full moons, thunderstorms, huge lighting & aesthetic improvements, etc. http://www.dark-deeds.com/2012/02/04/dark-deeds-2-0/
Edited by TrenchaunT on 2/4/2012 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I really like the improved lightning effects since I can now see my true line of sight easier with the settings I'm currently using. Especially at night.
Reply Quote
Thanks BakANagA, glad to hear you like it.
Reply Quote
DARK DEEDS 2.01-3: Bug fixes and balance changes. http://www.dark-deeds.com/2012/02/05/dark-deeds-2-01-3/
Edited by TrenchaunT on 2/5/2012 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
As someone who's been reset several times after getting 1300+ DD score, I must say that the only DD required unit that is an absolute must for all players is the Dragon APT. Gameplay with and without it is dramatically different. I really think it should be available for low DD score I'm back down to 50 again and I almost don't want to play without it.

It's the dynamic of having my SCV sniped everytime I go to kill the evil's base that makes having a mobile SCV carrier absolutely essential. I made this argument over six months ago after my first DD wipe, and didn't hear a reasonable rebuttal as of yet. I understand the point of DD is to reward experienced players without having an overarching dramatic effect on their ability to win(a 0 DD player can beat a 5000 DD player, ofc the 5000 DD does have some minor advantages)...

However, I have to turtle every game now because any evil worth his salt knows to keep tabs on my army, wait for me to move out, then rush my house and kill it. I always kept SCV with army inside an APT it was only way to actually be able to move around the map without this snipe occuring. Please change this!
Reply Quote
TrenchaunT I love this game and all but why did you make the lightning so darn powerful? I was playing as a vampire minion and had a large force of zombies that were competely destroyed by the time they reached thier destination, and the lightning went on for 12+ hours...that is far too long, my zombie workers couldnt cut trees cause the lightning killed them all,(zombie workers don't regenerate health as fast as fighting zombies), and then the last survivor was able to find the vampire and kill if with his army that was untouched by the lightning or our zombies. Now don't get me wrong I love the effects (even if it makes some people lag), but can you nerf the lightning or at least minimize the aoe damage on it.
Reply Quote
02/06/2012 05:33 PMPosted by BDOP
TrenchaunT I love this game and all but why did you make the lightning so darn powerful? I was playing as a vampire minion and had a large force of zombies that were competely destroyed by the time they reached thier destination, and the lightning went on for 12+ hours...that is far too long, my zombie workers couldnt cut trees cause the lightning killed them all,(zombie workers don't regenerate health as fast as fighting zombies), and then the last survivor was able to find the vampire and kill if with his army that was untouched by the lightning or our zombies. Now don't get me wrong I love the effects (even if it makes some people lag), but can you nerf the lightning or at least minimize the aoe damage on it.

Ive never really had a problem with this, seems like sort of a niche situation?
Reply Quote
My previous point is less of an issue because I keep getting these achievements with lots of DD points associated with them, so I'm already at 200... I remember when I first started playing 1.25k took a few months playing a lot (only a few points a game) so I guess it balances out sort of xD Not looking so bleak in that sense because I can get to APT fast enough... but still it should be avail to everyone xD My two cents
Reply Quote
Sol, why does your score keep getting reset? That seems like the real problem to me. I know the Dragon is awesome, but I want to give new players a reason to build score. Besides, it is not vital for everyone's play type--it is vital to yours, but for me I only use it every once in a while.

BDOP, the lightning going on for too long was a bug that should be fixed now. It has also been reduced significantly.
Reply Quote
DARK DEEDS 2.1: Dependents can now have heroes; bug fixes, balance changes. For more info, see http://www.dark-deeds.com/2012/02/08/dark-deeds-2-1/
Reply Quote
a
Edited by Sol on 2/10/2012 10:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Trench, I'm going to start saving my bank externally. I'm not sure why its doing that...

Btw, whats with the trolls now? I like to joke around (I may say trollish things) but I don't actually do these trollsploits that I've seen happening... Like three friends joining a game then all saying they see another player transform then ganking him... It's the same three players every day too hahaha... I'm talking about showing my scv at night when its a WW and still getting sniped by these three because they "saw me transform." Also one of the same guys yesimazn who claims to be from my city sending real life threats because I beat him... I mean cmon grow up kids!
Is this happening to others or am I in the minority? Also, what strategies do you find are good for stopping early miner or zealot rushes from these sorts?
Reply Quote
As an HC minion in a recent game it didnt show any of the production bars when i was building stuff. Also, when you get the research that lets you choose boy or girl they never grow in size or regen life as fast as random kids, but still work off of the timer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]