DARK DEEDS [Official Thread]

DARK DEEDS 2.12: UI improvements, balance changes, bug fixes. http://www.dark-deeds.com/2012/02/12/dark-deeds-2-12/
Reply Quote
I think if we made some changes we could grow our community larger by changing how the first game is for the newbies. I've been inviting a lot of randoms in and the learning curve is too high so they don't get to that second game. The tutorial was a genius move towards this...
Okay, so in general I try to stress not to kill 0 dd players right away to the Evil, but most players don't GAF about this so, perhaps taking away pinging of 00 dd players (make it activate at 10 dd+ only) at night... also, take away the kill bonus for new players so evil is less inclined to kill them... may improve this. I'm not sure how else you would do it without dramatically affecting gameplay. Getting killed on the first night (I've had games where three 0 dd players die in first night) while you're trying to learn is a pretty big incentive to go play a different, instant gratification map like marine arena. Or, maybe if our loyal players just went out of their way to help new players we would have more full lobbies. Either way we can get the game's popularity up by focussing on this- My two cents- Sol
Edited by Sol on 2/13/2012 5:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think if we made some changes we could grow our community larger by changing how the first game is for the newbies. I've been inviting a lot of randoms in and the learning curve is too high so they don't get to that second game. The tutorial was a genius move towards this...
Okay, so in general I try to stress not to kill 0 dd players right away to the Evil, but most players don't GAF about this so, perhaps taking away pinging of 00 dd players (make it activate at 10 dd+ only) at night... also, take away the kill bonus for new players so evil is less inclined to kill them... may improve this. I'm not sure how else you would do it without dramatically affecting gameplay. Getting killed on the first night (I've had games where three 0 dd players die in first night) while you're trying to learn is a pretty big incentive to go play a different, instant gratification map like marine arena. Or, maybe if our loyal players just went out of their way to help new players we would have more full lobbies. Either way we can get the game's popularity up by focussing on this- My two cents- Sol

This would help loads, I think. It's difficult enough as is for new people to catch on, as there are tons of facets to this game, but some sort of handicap would go a long way to attracting a larger crowd.
Reply Quote
Trench we need to talk the fact that I was the original point earner for the score between me and uber and I am reset and he is not is unjust. Uber was given my score of 10.5k he did not earn the score he currently holds.
Reply Quote
I agree with the whole "don't kill 0 dds players night 1" it's just not worth it since there's a good chance they just quit anyway.

Is there a use for the plants I find in the game beyond selling them? (Not just corn and wheat)
Reply Quote
Hello Trench, good to see you back. And you finally started updating it again :). Just wanted to say hello, been awile.
Reply Quote
is there an active community for this map and if so when do most of you play ive jumped into lobbys a few times and no one is there. i was a hige fan of the warcraft 3 map many years ago back when it released.
Reply Quote
I have a idea for A new Evil One

Its the Changeling (or something like that)

Damage: Low
Speed: Slighly higher then MS
Health: High
Energy: High

Inherate Ability:

Creep Form:

Energy Cost: None
Turns into a creep type substince that causes the Changeling to be invisible(However leaving a trail of creep), and have higher speed, The changling is easily damaged by splash in this form.(Gains 1 biomatter for every 10 secs in this form)( The creep may be removed by irradiax’s attacking it, or when sunlight comes out), (The creep is in sight of the changeling at all times)

Passive Requirement:
The changeling is a biomass, and every living momment causes the changeling to lose trace bio-matter, Using its many diffrent abilitys it gains more biomatter to supplement its needs (this works much like the vampires blood system)

Ablity 1:

DNA drain:

Energy cost: 50/100/150
A tenticle comes out of the Changeling and attaches to a non-mechanical, non-heroic unit None Shielded, it then scanns the dna and slowly drains the unit of is life, Each level decreases the time needed to kill the unit (The draining can be interrupted by attacking the changeling) (Has a farily long range of 10-13),(This gains 10 bio-matter)

Ability 2: Bio-Transfer:
Energy cost: 30/60/95
Bio-matter cost:7/5/3
HP Lost: 30% 20% 10%

The changeling having leaved alot of trace bio-matter
The changeling, that has alot of trace biomatter laying around, can trancfer his form to anywere he layed creep. (the creep in that area will be removed)(each level increase’s the effenctiy of this ability)

Ability 3: Biological Sedatation
Energy cost: 40/80/120
Bio-matter gained per unit: 1/2/3

The changeling, that can slightly harden himself, Launches a ball of himself at a area, the ball of himself covers over the area incasing all the units in that area in a cement like substence. (each level increaces the hp of the cement subtince) (to free your units distroy the substince thats on your units)

Ability 4: Substence Enchancement
Armor upgrade:1/2/3
Life Regen: 2/4/6
Max Life increase: 125 250 500

The changeling, that is highly adaptive, Evolves his DNA strains and genes and blah blah blah to make him have much more endurance

Ultamite ability: Biological Agent
Energy cost: 250

The changeling, that has gathered many diffrent harmful matters in its spores on its back, can release them in a gas like state dealing massive damage to hostile biological units and healing the changeling and the changelings minions, this also causes mechanical units to be stuned (Due to the driver being incapitated but not harmed due to air filters)
Reply Quote
I remember this game.

A big reason I stopped playing was because the Creator added a !@#$load of new Evils, which overcomplicated the game. Last I remember, there were five Evils(WW, Vamp, Roach, Mad Scientist, Cultist(?)).

How many are there now?
Reply Quote
Still 5 but a new 1 is coming soon
Reply Quote
I Think MS Radar Can equal to a simple win because of the vision of the Whole Map so i think it ought to be changed with a radar the size of a xel'naga tower or smaller.
Reply Quote
When i am ms i just wait until my base has some defenses, then when you are attacked you can retread since usually colonist forces aren't built to kill structures, usually the ms works pretty good with the assassins, since he can destroy the home the scv is hiding in, maybe the ms doesn't need buffed, just needs more abstract playing forms
Reply Quote
OK not sure if this was a one time glitch or not but while playing as the Pit Lord yesterday the Lash ability suddenly stopped working. It was Day 4, I had reached level four with 2 levels in Lash and 1 each in Stomp and Charge. I was fighting some fairly large armies leading me to make a large creep island in order to maneuver. Three different groups were attacking me from all sides and suddenly whenever I attempted to use Lash I would get a red error message saying something along the lines of "Could not find enough targets" despite me being surrounded.

Not sure what caused this or if it has happened to anyone else but just thought I'd post it here.
Edited by balto on 7/20/2013 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Found a bug... if evil is killed by wild NPC then it doesn't consider evil dead, just happened, chased the evil while he was in SCV and he died to the wild NPC right as transformation was going to start for WW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]