StarCraft® II

How does zerg warp around space?

Lore wise I don't remembered it ever been explained. Just how does zerg travel from one planet or system to another?
Reply Quote
They flap their wings really hard.
Reply Quote
the overmind and the cerebrates would all form a temporary psionic conscience that was capable of opening a temporary rift in the fabric of the universe

Edit: They never explained how kerrigan does it though
Edited by Chesty on 7/5/2011 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't Zerg ride around in the Leviathans now? I think I remember that being mentioned somewhere, but I can't prove it so I won't say it's true.
Reply Quote
oh yea forgot about them but i have the overmind lore from the deluxe battle chest edition manual
they had a manual with lore for each race
Reply Quote
I always thought they would just use infested battlecruisers
Reply Quote
I thought they traveled in overlords
Reply Quote
they would but if u watch the cinematic after the second zerg mission in sc1 u see the overlords engulfed in a large wormhole
this was explained that the overmind would form a temporary link to the cerebrates and their combined psionic power could form a rift in existence itself that could transport organisms throughout the universe
after the overmind died kerrigan just used leviathans to transport everyone
Edit: wats with all the bane portraits?
Edited by Chesty on 7/5/2011 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They're inect-ish... don't they use WORMHOLES?

(Hahahahaha)
Reply Quote
They do use wormholes. Wormholes are theoretically possible in our day and age. All we need is to produce and concentrate a vast quantity of negative energy directly into the center of a wormhole and expand it so that a ship can fly through it.
Reply Quote
The same way they get to the island on scrap station.

By crawling up the ass of a worm
Reply Quote
Yeah, they use Nydus Worms.
Reply Quote
07/06/2011 06:57 AMPosted by EnTaroAdun
Yeah, they use Nydus Worms.

yes and nydus worms can go interplanetary distances now...
Reply Quote
You're right, DudeMan but modern day wormholes are so small you can't even squeeze a nano tube into one - plus, they never last long enough! : )

Interplanetary Nydus Worm... Interesting idea - I can see all sorts of shenanigans with that one! Let's hope they don't research intergalactic worms! Aaaaah!!

There's been plenty of zerg space travel in some of the cutscenes. Particularly in some of Zeratul's flashbacks. :)
Reply Quote
07/05/2011 02:03 PMPosted by SpiderLord
Don't Zerg ride around in the Leviathans now? I think I remember that being mentioned somewhere, but I can't prove it so I won't say it's true.

Ya, mabey the leviathan combined with kerrigan could open a wormhole, i mean, kerrigan is one f-ing powerfull psion, and so is the leviathan. I think together they could at least perfrom the same tricks the overmind could.
Edited by Tornado on 7/6/2011 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I heard the overmind sent a signal that attracted a creature called a "behemoth", a creature that can fly through space, while it was passing through the zergs first homeworld, zerus i believe its called, and combined the behemoth and zerg DNA,thats how they can fly through space.....something like that =p
Reply Quote
In the previews for HotS they show Kerrigan in her Leviathan. Its basically a Zergy Battlecruiser. How the hell it 'flies' through space is beyond me.
Reply Quote
The behemoth(s) open the wormholes, kerrigan either found the behemoth genus and assimilated it, or more likely, the overmind did, and left it for her as part of his plan.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]