StarCraft® II

The Ole Stompin' Grounds of WoL...

I realize that the Heart of the Swarm expansion is probably all but finished but I was thinking it could be cool if there was an opportunity to revisit a mission map from the Wings of Liberty campaign...

Where would you like to go... Why?

I think i'd be cool for Kerrigan to visit the "Piercing the Shroud" map (thanks to a tip from ole Jimmy).

While there, she finds the hybrid trapped inside a time dilation field. She searches for [answers] something deep inside the lab when the hybrid is freed and she and her zerg army has to kill it to escape. Some good research ops there, yes?

What say ye?
Reply Quote
A return to Korhal would be interesting.

Kill me some Mengsk and/or find Dr. Narud.
Reply Quote
A return to Korhal would be interesting.

Kill me some Mengsk and/or find Dr. Narud.
Reply Quote
Ok, how about a return to Bel'shir? As in....Welcome to the Jungle. The Terrazine vents are all either temporarily collapsed (due to extraction) or sealed (of course you know why). Part of this map will be the Welcome to the Jungle map, and at first, that's all there'll be. But....seems like a handful of those STone Guardians have appeared, to augment security at the Tal Darim outposts. They've also somehow figured out bio-engineering, so they've made Creeps out of Critters, that are psionically controlled (however, there's a special "psionic relay" tower...or two, or three.....destroying it/them will temporarily break Tal'Darim control, but they have a backup). So, why is Kerrigan here? Seems like she knew something about Terrazine, or at least heard rumors of it, back in the Confederacy days (but Protoss presence kept them from getting more but the smallest amount, this was before the Tal-Darim, of course). But didn't I say there's no ready access? You'll have to find someway to acquire the Tal Darim psionic "key" to unsealing the sealed vents. And once you have it, besides cheesed off Tal-Darim, turns out someone else showed up (and an extra area appeared on the extreme west of the map). Because some Domion force has been sent to do what you're doing. But whatever. You need Sarah to unseal a vent, and then a Drone will set up (that is to say, turn into) a Nydus Tube, to pump Terrazine back to the hatchery/hive/lair. But once you've done two of these (while facing Dominion AND the Tal Darim), another area of map opens up, and you hear news that more Zerg pods are falling but they're not yours....you see, one of the renegade Hive Queens also has the same idea as you. Or maybe the renegade brood should be in the same general direction as the Dominion forces....the only reprieve you get is that sometimes they go for EACH OTHER rather than you. But still, you have a multi-sided war going on. Once you've secured enough vents, well....you'll be able to get alll you need and then get out of there, leave the others to finish each other off. Maybe my idea is too elaborate. But what do you think?
Reply Quote
u kinda copied some stuff from the kaldir plot that we know so far... and havin all three races against u... seems a bit too complicated
Reply Quote
07/06/2011 05:18 PMPosted by Raakone
Ok, how about a return to Bel'shir? As in....Welcome to the Jungle. The Terrazine vents are all either temporarily collapsed (due to extraction) or sealed (of course you know why). Part of this map will be the Welcome to the Jungle map, and at first, that's all there'll be. But....seems like a handful of those STone Guardians have appeared, to augment security at the Tal Darim outposts. They've also somehow figured out bio-engineering, so they've made Creeps out of Critters, that are psionically controlled (however, there's a special "psionic relay" tower...or two, or three.....destroying it/them will temporarily break Tal'Darim control, but they have a backup). So, why is Kerrigan here? Seems like she knew something about Terrazine, or at least heard rumors of it, back in the Confederacy days (but Protoss presence kept them from getting more but the smallest amount, this was before the Tal-Darim, of course). But didn't I say there's no ready access? You'll have to find someway to acquire the Tal Darim psionic "key" to unsealing the sealed vents. And once you have it, besides cheesed off Tal-Darim, turns out someone else showed up (and an extra area appeared on the extreme west of the map). Because some Domion force has been sent to do what you're doing. But whatever. You need Sarah to unseal a vent, and then a Drone will set up (that is to say, turn into) a Nydus Tube, to pump Terrazine back to the hatchery/hive/lair. But once you've done two of these (while facing Dominion AND the Tal Darim), another area of map opens up, and you hear news that more Zerg pods are falling but they're not yours....you see, one of the renegade Hive Queens also has the same idea as you. Or maybe the renegade brood should be in the same general direction as the Dominion forces....the only reprieve you get is that sometimes they go for EACH OTHER rather than you. But still, you have a multi-sided war going on. Once you've secured enough vents, well....you'll be able to get alll you need and then get out of there, leave the others to finish each other off. Maybe my idea is too elaborate. But what do you think?
Sort of good just sounds like one of those missions you would play at the end. But why would Kerrigan go after Terrazine in the first place?
Reply Quote
If it doesn't happen officially, this is definitely something that could be done as a custom map. Look at the SC1 project, or stuff like left2die.
Reply Quote
Hmm, cool idea
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]