StarCraft® II

immersiveness of the races

a thing that i think blizzard should focus on is the immersiveness and reality/believability of the races.

in sc1, terran feels like they are a relatively weak colony struggling to survive vs more powerful aliens. Zerg felt really disgusting and alive. I haven't played much protoss but i can speak for the other two.

Sc2 seems to lack this imaginary immersiveness that sc1 offered. A good comparison is how the diablo games always had scary environments and it sucked u into the lore and world; the characters and outfits fit this also. I think sc1 had this effect, and sc2 sort of lacks it.

Basically, is all of the artwork and unit design cohesive and consistent with the image the races represent; and is it cool enough to really pull u into the world.
Reply Quote
I agree. Terran was weak, the under dogs.
Zerg were VERY disgusting. Every time they made a building/hatched/morphed it was all fleshy sounding and insect-ish. Creep felt like a cancer, taking over the land. Cant really say for Protoss, except whenever i say a few carriers or mass zealots i freaked out. Now i just laugh at them.
Reply Quote
I agree SC2 seems less realistic. The terrans all look like they came out of some cartoon, like with huge muscles and stuff. They really don't look like "real" people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]