StarCraft® II

Lane Runner [Official Thread]

"Welcome, brave one, to the Lane Runner arena. Whether you are here for wealth, cause or glory, one thing is certain; You are here for blood!"

The object of Lane Runner is to be the first player to destroy the enemy base at the end of your lane. Use your hero, their skills and various items you may come across to push your lane by destroying each lane marker to unlock the next and then open up the enemy base.

You can try to break your record for fastest time to clear a lane, or you can break into other lanes and harass you opponents.

Features:
  • Customizable hero skills - You'll never have to play the same hero twice with my comprehensive skill leveling system. Customize options from the size of Psionic Storm to the attack speed bonus of Stim Pack. Plus many other unique skills.

• Optional PvP - The design of the lanes and layout of the arena allow a player to avoid others and push his lane, but also promote cross over and fun encounters with other heroes.

• Item/ Structure system with completely movable base elements - Plan your defense like you want it, then pick it up, move it down the lane and hold your ground.

• Puzzle type game play - Players have the ability to redirect mobs around the arena to create some interesting situations for their opponents.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/lane-runner/
Reply Quote
Check the map out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISMbD4iVA8k
Edited by Trigor on 7/8/2011 4:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
sounds awesome knawsome

like a possum who's flossin' some awesome sauce
Reply Quote
I approve of this map.
Reply Quote
Give it a shot and post a comment!
Reply Quote
Map Updated:

5 New Heroes Added

Executor Elarae
Lorac the Lightmaster
Bob the Mechanic
Majesty
Col. Vlath

Upcoming:

Hard/ Easy Game Modes
Support for 2 player teams (6 players total)
Different victory methods.
Reply Quote
Map Updated:

Support for 6 players added

While I did add 6 players to the map, it's not possible to switch teams. I combed the forums for methods of recognizing teams from the lobby and tried a few different ones but nothing worked with the way I got my map set up.

If anyone out there can help me with this I would appreciate it.
Reply Quote
Hey everyone. With HotS coming soon as well as improvements that have been made to the editor, I'm going to start working on this map again, so I'm resurrecting this thread. If anyone wants to give it a shot and give me some feedback, I'd love to hear it before I get back into the thick of things.
Reply Quote
Tried it. First went with archon hero. But seeing as his abilities cost shield, and I was getting shot at 24/7 he was basically totally useless.

Went with queen next. She did better at first, but I had to basically camp the healer in order to do anything, as my only abilities took gobs of hp, and even with 11 in the hp regen upgrade it was still like 1 per second... Oh and one of my abilities is useless except on creep, but keeping creep tumors alive is stupidly hard without throwing down walls along the way which is just boring.

Lastly, the cannons that you can purchase cant be placed on creep, making them mostly useless to the queen hero, as she can only place them off to the sides, where they cant actually hit half the incoming units.

Very slow paced (at least the heroes that I played) for a game designed around racing to the end.

Consider making the heroes stronger. Less cost on their abilities, better damage, upgrades do more ETC. As it stands I felt like i'd need to camp at the heal for an hour before I could move out. Maybe it's just the heroes I played, which if so those heroes need a rework.

EDIT oh and I saw your note about switching teams. Im not sure if that's possible, but you might be able to do something like clash of kings does, where everyone can choose who to ally/de-ally. That's sort of like a team switch.
Edited by SunLite on 4/13/2012 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey SunLite. Thanks for the feedback. You did happen to pick the 2 heroes with unique mechanics; Lorac using shield for his abilities and Majesty with her creep mechanic. I'll definitely look into balancing them to be easier to pick up and more fun to play.
Reply Quote
Looking for testers. I'm on NOW Trigor #220
Reply Quote
Great map!!! Hoping to see it on the first page.
Reply Quote
Testing a new version right now on bnet.

Now, after conquering your lane, you must conquer the arena by holding the hill for 3 min. Your enemies will know you are there, and they won't be the only ones coming after you.
Reply Quote
New Version is available.

In addition to The Hill, I've also added:

• Sellable Items
  • Hero Difficulty Indicators
  • More Loot!
Reply Quote
I have finally got the lobby working correctly where the team you're on in lobby matches the team you're on in game and you can switch teams without breaking the game. Grab some friends and give it a try.
Reply Quote
  • Neutral Buffs Added - Take buffs by holding zone for 30 seconds. Buff lasts 5 min. Zone recharges in 5 min.
  • Storm Shield - Deals 10 dps to all units within 3.
  • Stone Shield - 2000 point shield and +2 Regen
  • Dual Buffs - Take both buffs and get a shield for 3000, +10 regen, 20 dps to all units within 5.
  • Majesty Creep now deals .5 dps
Reply Quote
I've republished this as Lane Runner v1.0 to try and get a better reading from Fun or Not for the most current version of the game. Give it a play!
Reply Quote
Looks like a few people have been able to play the game and have some videos. Check them out here:

SC2 FFS Event83 Game 1 Part 1/2 (Lane Runner) - This is an old version of the game with no hill or buffs

SC2 Modspot Goof Off: Lane Runner - Unfortunately, this version has issues with the lobby and so 1 player didn't spawn properly.
Reply Quote
Republish didn't do anything, Lane Runner v1.0 is still at 1 or 2 in FoN. Oh well..

Updated and published again under Lane Runner

Update:

• Tips for neutral buffs
  • added to the game info window "1-6 players Teams or Solo"
  • changed the timer for neutral buffs to show the name of the player capturing the buff
  • balance- added a 1 sec. cool down to Summon Attack Bot for Bob the Mechanic
  • numbered the lanes
Edited by Trigor on 5/7/2012 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Check out the news on SC2Mapster for a spot on Lane Runner.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]