StarCraft® II

HotS not like WoL

I liked the wings of liberty campaign. but that includes gameplay AND the story. I felt like i was playing through a very good movie when I played it, but it lacked zest. It felt interesting, but lacked parts where my spine would tingle with anticipation, and i would laugh out loud (no, NOT lol, I mean I didn't ACTUALLY LAUGH OUT LOUD(yes i'm partly mad)). consider the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lSzUMBJnc

Now, this video made me laugh a lot, my spine tingled, and it was freakin' awesome. But will HotS have this? WoL didn't, it was interesting enough to give a 6 out of a 10. 9 is amazing, 8 is great, and 7 is good. 6 is where it's interesting enough to play it. Since it is an expansion (lets be honest, more about the campaign then the multiplayer), i would like it to move to an 8, but i would except 7. remember, I'm gonna have to fork over $30, i want to make sure i get my money's worth out of it.

edit: to say i'm trolling could mean two things: purposely causing a problem for fun, or raging. please be clear.
Edited by Antibody on 7/7/2011 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Team Fortress 2. Wow.
Reply Quote
Sorry, but I don't follow you're, "Dis game iz serious bro -_-" i never said that starcraft2 should be like duke nukem forever, but i like little jokes that make laugh a lot now and then. The capmgaign wasn't THRILLING. and that's what i don't like. And even then, i'm not going to fork over $40-$50 over WoL- the zerg version.
Reply Quote
07/08/2011 08:08 AMPosted by Chrono
Team Fortress 2. Wow.

It's a fun game, with friggin' awesome parts to it. why can't Starcraft2 be same, when it costs $60, and TF2 is free?
Reply Quote
TF2 doesn't even have a single player campaign or a storyline. All it has is a shallow multiplayer FPS experience. TF2 has a cartoonish, goofy theme that would not work at all with SC. SC doesn't try to be goofy or humorous, so it's not a problem with the writing that's bothering you, it's a problem with you not liking SC's genre.
Reply Quote
I'm sorry, but I just don't buy the "epic, gothic and serious undertone of SC2". TF2 is a game about having fun. SC2 fills my aesthetic need. but i don't feel like I'm having a good time when I play it.
Reply Quote
Well, SC2 actually failed at being gothic and serious and came off like more of a cheesy Hollywood action flick. It should have been far more serious for it to fit with SC/BW. But back to the point, would cartoonish humor make sense in the Resident Evil series? No. Would cartoonish humor make sense in SC2? No. If you don't like serious games, don't play them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]