StarCraft® II

World War Zombies

McClane... I've been tryin to tell you when i saw you on Battle.net that i have the unprotected copy of World War Z Classic from WC3... I'm willing to send it to you so you can look at the original, and model it based on that.

Fockwulf - can you send me your info or email me so that I can send you the original as well? The map is very similar to yours that you use for WW2 Diplo
Reply Quote
Big fan of the map, I hope it gets more popular, it has a lot of potential.

Some suggestions:
-Add a feature to be able to pick zombie when the game starts instead of having to get lucky when you join the game. (Like island defense)
-Adding some zombie cave defense. Purple and yellow can basically rush with what they start with and wipe out half of the caves.
-Increasing the amount of foundations on the map to increase income. (The SC BW game Diplomacy gold 7.7 is a good model for this.)
-When a player leaves, their buildings and units should be split between the remaining players. (not destroyed as that would mess up other peoples walls. Right now you cant even kill an allies building when they leave, so foundations become inaccessible. This is extremely annoying.)
-Increase the health and damage of bunkers and increase the attack speed slightly of turrets.
-Increase the amount of defensive structures people start with. If yellow or purple dies off the bat then the rest of Europe falls in minutes. (Everyone likes a long game and when this happens half the team just leaves and it turns new players off to the game.)
-Put the bottom right zombies cave exit in Norway or Russia or Syria, the two caves are too close.
-Super soldier is too expensive also.

I currently have a lot of free time, If you need any help testing I would be more then happy to assist you.
Reply Quote
Best case scenario is that he releases the map unlocked.
Reply Quote
Big fan of the map, I hope it gets more popular, it has a lot of potential.

Some suggestions:
-Add a feature to be able to pick zombie when the game starts instead of having to get lucky when you join the game. (Like island defense)
-Adding some zombie cave defense. Purple and yellow can basically rush with what they start with and wipe out half of the caves.
-Increasing the amount of foundations on the map to increase income. (The SC BW game Diplomacy gold 7.7 is a good model for this.)
-When a player leaves, their buildings and units should be split between the remaining players. (not destroyed as that would mess up other peoples walls. Right now you cant even kill an allies building when they leave, so foundations become inaccessible. This is extremely annoying.)
-Increase the health and damage of bunkers and increase the attack speed slightly of turrets.
-Increase the amount of defensive structures people start with. If yellow or purple dies off the bat then the rest of Europe falls in minutes. (Everyone likes a long game and when this happens half the team just leaves and it turns new players off to the game.)
-Put the bottom right zombies cave exit in Norway or Russia or Syria, the two caves are too close.
-Super soldier is too expensive also.

I currently have a lot of free time, If you need any help testing I would be more then happy to assist you.

I like your ideas, some I can't do, some I've been trying to do and some need to be assessed if I should do anything. I would like your help, especially in the area of fixing the lobby so people can choose if they're zombie and their starting locations.
Reply Quote
Eras Zombie Invasion is better
Reply Quote
Can I By Any Chance Get The Map For WWZ?
Reply Quote
hey can you set it so we can change our color and then have different country
Reply Quote
Hey Mcclane,

I have Fockewulf's world war Z reanimated map if you want to take a look at it, and compare notes. I think he is a very good mapmaker and it could help you out a lot. Reply to this, and ill send it to you via email.

Also, this would make great cover art

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs41/i/2009/027/2/5/WWZ___The_Battle_of_Yonkers___by_adonihs.jpg
Edited by Atreides on 1/20/2013 5:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey,

From what little knowledge I have of his map, the gameplay is different. I tried to stay true to the original and wanted the gameplay to be what I had envisioned from the original. I noticed his terrain is different, giving me reason to believe that it's plenty different; terrain makes a big difference. I'm sure he did a good job and I know he's better than me at mapmaking, but he took a different approach to the same game. Both games can exist, is one point I want to make, so there isn't much I would want to do to change either map. More importantly, I'm not very experienced and the only thing I really want to accomplish is fixing the lobby. You can send me something, but the most I'll probably get out of it is how to fix the lobby, if I can even figure it out. Thanks a lot!

Also, expect WWZ in HoTs.
Reply Quote
Hi i'm playing World War Zombies again and again, it's my best map but there is two problems.

1) it's hell hard to find people to play it, i've got a huge list of friends so i'm inviting 10 on 12 players most of the time, and because the player color / choose zombie isn't avalaible it makes it even harder, people leaving in the end, noob zombies etc...

2) THE map isn't available in EUROPE omg, please do something about it ! dont leave us here with a great map you don't finish (only the colors!!!) and spread it to europe.

3) If people are willing too, with 5 players up i could revive this map if u fix those two problems.
Reply Quote
UseMaP,

It's such a major pain to publish cross-region with localization and all that its just not worth it.

If they made US == GB it might be an easier task but for now the damned localization glitches out half the time and you can lose days worth of work.
Reply Quote
Hope they'll add trenches like in WC3's WWZ.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]