StarCraft® II

Mistborn Trilogy

Just finished reading this series, and I'm amazed. It's by Brandon Sanderson, the guy who's finishing the Wheel of time. Really incredible series, any other fans of it?

For those of you who haven't read it, I'd really recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy, or just good writing.
Reply Quote
Yeah, great series! I picked it up with Sanderson's other books when I found out he was finishing WoT. One of my favorites now. He's great at creating really intriguing magic systems that fit in perfectly with the plot. I'd recommend Elantris and Warbreaker too if you haven't read those.
Oh, btw, did you get your name from Mistborn? Kind of hard to tell with something that generic.
Edited by Hawkwing on 7/15/2011 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, great series! I picked it up with Sanderson's other books when I found out he was finishing WoT. One of my favorites now. He's great at creating really intriguing magic systems that fit in perfectly with the plot. I'd recommend Elantris and Warbreaker too if you haven't read those.
Oh, btw, did you get your name from Mistborn? Kind of hard to tell with something that generic.

No, I picked the name before I read the series. It was pretty cool to find out there was a character named this in the series though. I actually got this from Lord of the Rings, one of my friends is named "Wrath". It's a pretty obscure reference though.
Reply Quote
07/17/2011 08:07 PMPosted by Astrai
I actually got this from Lord of the Rings, one of my friends is named "Wrath". It's a pretty obscure reference though.

"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode, and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red nightfall!"

:D
Reply Quote
I didnt really like it, the first was good but i didnt like his follow thru. I hope his other series stays gold.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I (obviously) loved this series.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]