StarCraft® II

Battle.net Community Forums is frustrating

This isn't a particular gripe with StarCraft browsing, it actually makes sense;

Log into Battle.net, it detects I have a StarCraft II CD Key (as I am logging into a general B.net account). Then I can click forums and voila, I can post!

But if I wanted to make a post on the Diablo III forums, it says I cannot post. I've posted on the Battle.net forums before so I know that you just fill in the Realm, Account Name, and CD Key thing on the top right of the page. However:

The forum description for Diablo III (3) forum only asks for a DIABLO II CD KEY, not an active account which is my gripe. I cannot remember the account I used for D2 or even to post on Diablo II forums before, and when I click the "Help" button, it does anything but. There is no, "I've forgotten my account" which wouldn't make sense because i'm already logged into Battle.net technically, even though I'm specifically requesting an account recovery process for the legacy DIABLO II Battle.net 1.0 system.

When is Blizzard going to update and streamline Battle.net 2.0 and start getting rid of the legacy community forum software? Considering how simple it is to make a post here on SC2 Forums, it seems like such a dated way of posting and communicating on the official forums. I'm not going to install Diablo II, go through an account recovery process, to just post a quick question on the forum.

Anyway my question was this (haha).

Does Blizzard/Battle.net match up BlizzCon attendees with email addresses associated and registered to a Battle.net account? I've attended twice and I am obviously very eager and wanting to participate in the Diablo III beta. However, I may or may not have acquired my access to BlizzCon tickets in a fashion that may or may not be supported by Blizzard. Last year, I left before the ending ceremonies of Blizzcon where it was announced that 1,000 BlizzCon attendees would be chosen out of like the 20-25k that were in attendance. StarCraft was always my second favorite game as Diablo was my most favorite universe of all. Being such a fan, I want to make sure I have as best of an opportunity to get inside the Beta as possible, even while not knowing the criteria of people the beta will be offered to!

Too bad I can't even post about it on the correct forums!
Edited by Jono on 7/17/2011 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
Login to Diablo 2 and create a new account. Then you will be able to login to the forums. When D3 goes into Beta, it will get its own community site, similar to these and the WoW community site. Eventually, Blizzard will port all the legacy games to Battle.net 2.0, and hopefully just create a Legacy community site, to take advantage of the new software.

Yes, your BlizzCon badge information is matched up with your account. If you went last year, you will be thrown into the random pool of 1000 potential beta players for D3.
Login to Diablo 2 and create a new account. Then you will be able to login to the forums. When D3 goes into Beta, it will get its own community site, similar to these and the WoW community site. Eventually, Blizzard will port all the legacy games to Battle.net 2.0, and hopefully just create a Legacy community site, to take advantage of the new software.

Yes, your BlizzCon badge information is matched up with your account. If you went last year, you will be thrown into the random pool of 1000 potential beta players for D3.

See that's the problem, I MAY have purchased my Blizzcon Tickets from a scalper :s
Reply Quote
MVP
08/03/2011 11:14 PMPosted by Jono
See that's the problem, I MAY have purchased my Blizzcon Tickets from a scalper :s

If that's the case, then the Beta will be added to whatever Battle.net that account was associated to the BlizzCon ticket.
I have a Question that hopefully a blue could answer since I dont have acess to the Diablo III B net forums.

My Question is.

Since I'm located in North America and I choose to play on a European server and sell stuff on the RMAH there since the Euro is worth more money then the American Dollar, would the transaction already do the exchange rate when it goes to my account before I press "cash out"?
Reply Quote
MVP
Since I'm located in North America and I choose to play on a European server and sell stuff on the RMAH there since the Euro is worth more money then the American Dollar, would the transaction already do the exchange rate when it goes to my account before I press "cash out"?

You'll receive Euros through the EU payment company instead, so you'll have to exchange it yourself somehow.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]