StarCraft® II

What was your hardest CAMPAIGN achievement?

Lost Viking took me the most tries. It took me a whole day to get the last achievement, and my right arm/wrist (that uses the mouse) was all sore the next day.
Reply Quote
I still haven't gotten anything on Lost Viking. For the ones I got, the most trying was the one that unlocks Kerrigan's portrait.

For the achievements in individual missions, I found "The Best Defense" to be quite hard, especially on Brutal. I guess that could be because I was still starting out at that time. I also found Red Lobster to be tricky before since the Brutalisk kept retreating from the low ground.

If I were playing Brutal and rushed to Welcome to the Jungle, I'd find "It's so Easy" and "You're so crazy" to be tough achievements. Aces High on Brutal is particularly hard, too. Blaze of Glory on Brutal surprisingly wasn't as hard as I expected. I would also find Blitzkrieg to be difficult, just because I like to take my time on that mission. :B
Reply Quote
Killing 4 hatcheries on Zero Hour... on brutal!

Possible, but extremely impractical. !@#$%^- banelings! D:
Reply Quote
I still can't even get lost viking bronze, and I highly doubt I ever will. I just don't have the reaction speed that I used to. Then again I've always failed massively at games like that. I would literally have every campaign achievement if it wasn't for that damn game.
Reply Quote
Still haven't gotten Aces High but I'm redoing the campaign and picking up planetary fortresses so maybe I can get it by walling off the chokes with PFs. I heard that that works pretty well. But if I don't it won't be that big of a deal. HotS is coming out.

It's So Easy was the hardest one I've gotten so far. At the end I literally had my command center and a couple of SCVs left - one of them happened to be holding the seventh canister. I hate being timed so much. "Speed Too!" was also hard because of how slow BCs fly. Both of these took me several reloads.
Edited by Torloch on 3/5/2013 8:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Speed too" and "Blitzkrieg" were the hardest I've gotten and I'm likely never to get anything from lost viking ~.~ sad as it is.
Reply Quote
Just got Aces High! The Planetary Fortress solution does indeed work - they can't fall as long as you have enough SCVs. But I also had to make a serious effort to eliminate the worms with Banshees - otherwise I run out of gas from the sheer amount of repairs being conducted on the PFs. I have a few more achievements to get. I hope none of them are as hard as that!
Reply Quote
huh... my hardest one was the 20 minute completion of shatter the sky. Finally had to just suicide for the last platform and with like 6 seconds to spare got it.

In Utter Darkness, as well as every brutal missioin except all in I got prettymuch first try. All In took me a few tries to figure out a strat that actually worked, and since I didn't have things like planetary fortress or the HME, it was a little hard. I don't regret picking the lab choices I did, but Planetary and HME make Brutal All-In a lot easier.

The other achievement that was annoying was the kill x enemies with 1 shot in belly of the beast.
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Gwaihir
huh... my hardest one was the 20 minute completion of shatter the sky. Finally had to just suicide for the last platform and with like 6 seconds to spare got it.

If you have the Orbital Strike [which isn't really a great research option, for people who like sound strategy], you could build something like 10 Barracks w/ Reactors, rally to the towers, then spam Reapers. It was quite entertaining to do, for me. :B

03/07/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Gwaihir
The other achievement that was annoying was the kill x enemies with 1 shot in belly of the beast.

That one actually took me a few tries as well! Good thing I keep lots of saves. :B
Reply Quote
I just built tons of battlecruisers and yamatod my way to victory lol
Reply Quote
for speed too, two words, Banshees+hel's Angels. With sv support, the vikings will kill the few air enemies, while banshees cover the ground, I beat the mission with plenty to spare.
Reply Quote
I got to 450k points on Lost Viking, raged, and ordered an Xbox Controller. :P Maybe when it comes I can beat it. I sort of wanted one anyway, to play old console games on emulators, but it's Lost Viking that pushed me over the edge!

And I've still never beat All-In Brutal on Air. If I built anti-air I get owned by zerglings, and if I build defenses for zerglings I got owned by air. In the ground version, I can just go Banshees & Siege Tanks. I think I even got Aces High on Brutal, as long as it was the ground version. But Air, omg... I saw a video of some guy doing it with bunkers full of ghosts, but he had Perdition Turrets and I don't on that campaign.

I'm a little better now though and should try again.
Reply Quote
Beating In Utter Darkness on Brutal for Brutal Completionist. Took me a week.
Reply Quote

In Utter Darkness, as well as every brutal missioin except all in I got prettymuch first try. All In took me a few tries to figure out a strat that actually worked, and since I didn't have things like planetary fortress or the HME, it was a little hard. I don't regret picking the lab choices I did, but Planetary and HME make Brutal All-In a lot easier.

I never did use PFs for All In on Brutal. I massed somewhere around 40 siege tanks. At those numbers, you reach a critical mass where they can destroy an arbitrarily large ground army before any of the enemy can close the distance. In short, you can't get enough units packed tightly together enough for any of them to survive the barrage to weapons range. Once I got to that point I salvaged my bunkers. Didn't need em anymore and they were just a liability.
Reply Quote
Im surprised In Utter Darkness causes so many struggles. Just mass Colossus. Dont make any other units and mass them. Watch mini map for runbys of other zerg stuff and split. Also make extra cannons.
Reply Quote
I've been doing a Brutal playthrough, and so far I've completed 18 missions, with all achievements obtained on all of them. Certain missions like Welcome to the Jungle and In Utter Darkness aren't actually that hard anymore.

Right now I'm having plenty of trouble with Supernova and Engine of Destruction, however.
Reply Quote
For the Lost Viking achievement, just use another program to make a keyboard macro that spams the attack button nonstop. Now all you need to do is control the viking's movement. After about an hour's practice, I had a game that went on for hours. If memory serves (it was years ago, when WoL was new), I had an absurdly high score in the millions before I had to go to work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]