StarCraft® II

Starcrft Movie

Ok, i know everyone believes that their favorite game can be a good movie, but lets be honest with ourselves. Would Starcraft make a good movie? I believe it could be the best if blizz allowed it. The starcraft universe has deep characters, a deeper story, and a great premise. Ive heard rumblings of a warcraft movie detailing the rise of arthas and his transformation into the lich king. While i enjoy warcraft, the universe of warcraft is simply too big with too much going on to make a movie about it. The more logical choices would be diablo or starcraft. Plus, i would love to see ZvPvT close up and on the big screen. Its been years since a good sci fi epic has come out, and i would hope the next one is a starcraft movie. I hope you all do as well, and if you do or have something to add, please do
Reply Quote
The problem is that the story has already been told. As much as it seems interesting, we already know the plot. It's not like, say, the Forgotten Realms, where you can pretty much tell whatever story you want as long as it fits in the general setting. Starcraft IS the relationship between Raynor, Mengsk, Kerrigan and Zeratul. And there's no other way to tell that story other than in the games.

They tried for Resident Evil and quite frankly, the movies pale in comparison to the games. I'd hate to see the same happen to Starcraft.
Reply Quote
I think they already started casting characters for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRT3HtSKCqo
Reply Quote
Just watch Starship Troopers its the closest you'll ever see to Starcraft on the big screen and add to the fact its !@#$ing awesome.
Reply Quote
Starship Troopers was one of the best B movies ever produced its had Denise Richards in it for gods sake thats instant B Movie cred right there. However if comparing it to the source material it'll fall short sure. However I loved the over the top characters, set pieces, battles, and gore. Honestly you gain more entertainment and enjoyment when you realize they were trying to make a B movie and I'd argue it worked really well.
II and III were direct to video affairs enough said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]