StarCraft® II

Starcraft 2 causing internet to slow down

Hello,
I have been running sc2 fine until yesterday afternoon and have since been experiencing huge lag not just to sc2 but to my overall internet connection whenever I am in sc2. Basically while I'm outside of sc2 my internet runs smoothly, but once I enter sc2 (without even logging in) my internet slows down tremendously to the point where it is almost unable to be used. It is really slow at logging in and once I've logged in, if I try to play I'll eventually get dropped due to lag, but once I quit sc2 my internet is back to normal. I've tried doing the battle.net trouble shootings such as flushing dns, trying to update network drivers etc but still am unable to fix it.
I don't think I have done anything to change sc2 and have basically been playing consistently for the past week and it was working fine today as I have already played 2 matches since ladder reset.
I use a wireless network, networks card: ASUS 802.11n Wireless LAN Card.
I use rogers wireless (from Canada), AVG Antivirus, sc2 is enabled in windows firewall, and I haven't done any recent changes to anything, basically the issue just occurred out of nowhere. I am fairly certain the issue is directly associated with starcraft2 as it only occurs when I enter the game, and the issue is gone immediately after i exit sc2.
I have attached my attempts at tracerting to us.logon.battle.net.

Tracing route to us.logon.battle.net [12.129.206.130]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms wireless.colubris.com [10.10.27.1]
2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 7.15.0.1
3 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 69.63.255.89
4 13 ms 21 ms 13 ms 69.63.250.122
5 32 ms 30 ms 30 ms 69.63.248.97
6 32 ms 33 ms 31 ms TenGigabitEthernet9-2.ar7.NYC1.gblx.net [64.208.169.149]
7 107 ms 106 ms 105 ms 192.205.34.69
8 109 ms 107 ms 105 ms cr1.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.123.30.18]
9 105 ms 104 ms 105 ms gar10.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.104.45]
10 105 ms 104 ms 109 ms 12-122-254-230.attens.net [12.122.254.230]
11 293 ms 230 ms 239 ms mdf001c7613r0003-gig-10-1.lax1.attens.net [12.129.193.242]
12 * 12.129.211.34 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

I have also made a ticket to battle.net support and received some help although none of the solutions that were suggested worked. I have tried disabling AVG, double checking most of my computer drivers to make sure they are up to date and reinstalling SC2, toggling network card settings.
I was told to try switching to a wired connection, however I only have wireless connection available so I am unable to attempt any of the possible solutions that require a wired network. I have had experience with rogers being problematic in the past, however I have played consistently over the past couple of months and I have basically been playing at least 4 hours a day for the past week and have not had any issues until this point.
I tried unselecting the power management tab option that you mentioned, although I do not have any option for changing the speed/duplex or checksum offload as I think those are only available for wired networks. I have tried checking my network card's drivers and it is up to date.
I have never experienced an issue like this before in any game and I recently tested playing warcraft3 to see if the issue would occur there, but I was able to enter and play warcraft3 smoothly. The problem basically only when I enter starcraft2, before even trying to log on (although I assume the game is configured to automatically attempt to make a connection to bnet 2.0) that the internet suddenly has trouble and if I am able to log into the game the lag makes it unplayable anyway.
This problem only started occurring yesterday, the 26th of July.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Reply Quote
me too, and when i log into b.net, its really laggy. I also tried it out with wc3 and it was fine. However, i switched my graphics card from 9800GT to Geforce 210, and then sc2 ran smoothly again. So i think it has something to do with the new patch and our graphics card. Wat is yours
Reply Quote
I don't think it is because of my graphics card as I have an AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series with the latest drivers, and basically I have no fps issues, just internet lag once I enter sc2, and if i alt tab while in sc2 and try to surf the web my internet will be extremely slow as well but once I quit sc2 my internet will be back to its usual fast speed
Reply Quote
I too am getting this problem. As soon as open SC2, without even hitting the "play" button, my internet slows way down and my latency to local servers triples. As soon as I close the launcher, my internet is back to normal and runs smoothly.
Reply Quote
FIX
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7922984147
Edited by Zato on 2/22/2013 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]