StarCraft® II

Disappearing Mouse

Support Forum Agent
I can see how having a multiple monitor set up would cause this issue. When the game is in full screen mode, the cursor will only respond to the game, so once the cursor goes out of the game area, you will not see it.

If you want to see the cursor through out all monitors while the game is running, try out windowed full screen mode. It might be best for what you are wanting to do.
Mac Tech Support for Blizzard Entertainment || Mon - Fri 1:45pm - 10:45pm CST
If you can't find it here, contact a rep direct :http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
https://www.surveymk.com/s/TKL88F8 <---- Rate my Blue post here...
The Restrooms are for paying customers only!
Reply Quote
Hello Klint,

You are incorrect here unfortunately. It happens only IN fullscreen mode. It is entirely due to a bug.

What the previous poster was talking about is that the cursor remains locked into the full screen but due to the poor multi-monitor support for macs, it kind of "skirts" along the edge of the other monitor. The cursor is still captured in the game.

When the cursor disappears has nothing to do with where the mouse is... The mouse is captured completely and can be in the center of the full screen and still disappear.

This is a bug in your multimonitor mac support with 100% certainty. It can be easily replicated by setting up a machine with the specs above an hooking up 3 monitors to the machine and playing in fullscreen mode for a while.

Please see what you can do to escalate this issue. It makes this game completely unplayable for me on my Mac.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I've sent the feedback about this, I'll post back on any updates.
Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Fri-Tue 1:45 pm - 10:45 pm CST
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. Haala at your sheep!
Mac Blue will make you JUMP JUMP
Tony Mac will make you JUMP JUMP
Blue posts will make you JUMP JUMP
Reply Quote
I'm running a "Hackintosh" setup that is of the New Sandy Bridge i3 2120 Processor w/ 4gb of Ram. My video card is a GTX 275. Game runs great. Besides this damn bug as everyone mentions... Oh and guess what... I have a dual-monitor setup. I think it's best to listen to Entropy. Please replicate the issue with the same hardware. Should be easy for your level of developers at hand.

For now I guess 1 monitor while I play... As Mac recognizes my monitors as soon as I plug them in!
Reply Quote
I am also running Lion 10.7.1

I will post back to see if it happens with only 1 monitor connected.

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Logitech G9x Mouse
Reply Quote
Just played for 3 hours + w/ no mouse disappearing. I only had one monitor plugged in. I'm pretty sure Entropy nailed it right on the dot. Step your game up Blizzard =) I know you got this.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the additional feedback about this guys. We're investigating this still, but the info you've given us is great.
Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Fri-Tue 1:45 pm - 10:45 pm CST
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. Haala at your sheep!
Reply Quote
Thanks very much for all your work on this!

I have new information, the window capture addition for MAC on the PTR server seem to completely fix this problem! Not only can I use that to simulate full screen mode but in full screen mode the mouse doesn't "flicker" on the side of the screen anymore. I haven't been able to recreate the bug on PTR at all. (it still happens in the main client). If you can finally replicate this bug on the current version, try it out on the PTR version and I'd bet you cannot replicate it anymore. I will continue to try this week and let you all know if I feel confident that the bug is gone for my system by using that new PTR client...

Now I just have to wait for you all to make PTR live! ;)
Reply Quote
Seeing this problem on a brand new Mac Mini Server /w Dual Monitors + Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini5,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM51.0075.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.77f0
Serial Number (system): XXXXX
Hardware UUID: XXXXXXXX

Reply Quote
Any update on this? Has it been confirmed by Blizzard?

Should I just Boot Camp install Windows?
Edited by Meh on 9/8/2011 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
There are reports that this is not happening in the 1.4 PTR, but trying to get more information about this.

Edited by TonyM on 9/9/2011 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just a note that this problem has become a lot worse for me since the last update. It used to happen occasionally, but now it has made the game unplayable. Happens every 5 minutes or so. 2 monitor set up with ATI Radeon HD 6850 on Lion.
Reply Quote
guys, just open Terminal, and paste this in:
"defaults write com.blizzard.starcraft2 allowClampProcess -bool NO"

This will simply get you back to 1.4.1 on the mouse confining aspect, at least, it works for me til now :)
Reply Quote
Those of you with dual-screen setups on Macbook Pros, I found an easy way to fix the problem is to close the lid of your macbook. That puts your computer in single screen mode and eliminates the mouse problem.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Let me know the feedback of the command vkRaiNboW suggested, as I want to see if this helps or not.
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. How's this sheep doing?
Dedicated to making your Mac/Blizzard Experience an awesome one!
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.-- Lao Tzu
Reply Quote
I keep losing my mouse! I am nice to it. I even give it some cheese when it is really good for me. When I am just about to battle, it hides. That makes it very interesting, and I lose. Please do something about this. I have never had any problems with Starcraft II until the 1.4 patches started to come out. What is happening?

2.4 GHz Intel Core duo II
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB graphics
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
When does this issue happen MonkeyMan? Have you tried toggling the confine cursor settings, or maybe setting it to off to see if that helps a bit?
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. How's this sheep doing?
Dedicated to making your Mac/Blizzard Experience an awesome one!
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.-- Lao Tzu
Reply Quote
Keep loosing my mouse. Game is unplayable. Please help!

iMac
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
DannyB, have you done any of the steps listed in this thread? Particularly the last one where Tony recommends toggling the confine cursor settings.
Reply Quote
vkRaiNboW solution with terminal seems to have worked for me!! Thanks!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]