StarCraft® II

Editing posts doesn't bump the topic.

I am currently maintaining a forum topic for hosting an extremly elaborate storyline sheet, and I mostly edit alot of -reservation- posts whenever I make a new addition. This is to keep the information presented in an organized manner, and in the first few pages of the topic.

The main problem i'm having is this: Editing the posts on my storyline sheet will not bump the topic to the front page, preventing people from reading the sheet, unless I give them a link.

This leads to me being forced to make the illegal "necropost". Which I fear because it will be treated as spamming.

Could anyone please reassure me about this, or at least give me some usefull advice to circumvent it. I'm honestly scared to maintain my storyline sheet...

Here's the link if your wondering what sheet im talking about:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2842887714?page=1#0
Reply Quote
*stares down the "2" people that viewed his post, but didn't reply*
You people make me sick...
Reply Quote
So when you make an edit, maybe also make a reply with the information you edited? That way it gets bumped, people know, and it's in the OP.
Thanks for confirming that for me, i was starting to wonder if I could do something like that.

just to clear things up (because Im a visual thinker), is this what you had in mind?

Re: "immortal Code" Storyline.

Bump! new update, day-month-year: Minor/major/hotfix
- changes: post link

I've actualy done this on other forum services in which the forum mods allowed necroposts under this format.

Misc question: how did you end up becoming a forum MVP? is it by sheer participation? post quality? lack of trolling? (or number of trolls fed to the nearest tardling)
Reply Quote
Well, when you reply to the post, it will bump the thread. The date and everything will be in your post, so you don't have to include that (if you don't wanna), but feel free to add a version or w/e. I'd recommend just explaining what is it that you changed, like you showed, and then actually making the edit to the OP, :P.

08/02/2011 08:19 PMPosted by Huskies
Misc question: how did you end up becoming a forum MVP? is it by sheer participation? post quality? lack of trolling? (or number of trolls fed to the nearest tardling)

A combination of all of those things, I would say, as well as being knowledgeable. You can read more about the program here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/275336

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]