StarCraft® II

2011 Blizzard Global Writing Contest!

(Locked)

Community Manager
You sit at your typewriter, hands frozen in fear by the sound of crumpling paper from the darkness behind you. Shadows of broken quills encroach on your sight's periphery but slither out of view when you turn toward them. Summoning your courage, you lash out at the apparitions before they fade, only to awaken in a cold sweat with pencils and pens gripped tight in your clenched fists. You know what this dream foretells: the 2011 Global Writing Contest is upon us!

Enter a short story for the chance to win a free trip to Blizzard's headquarters in Southern California! This contest is open to entrants from around the world and will be judged by Blizzard's very own writers and masters of lore. For more information, head to the contest page!

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/contests/writing2011/
Noooooo but if I use a pencil and pen gripped in my fist, I can't qualify for submission because Blizzard frowns upon using college lined paper or musty tomes, or even open document format.

Edit: Microsoft pwns us all.
Edited by Ryno on 8/15/2011 7:52 PM PDT
"For Doomhammer!" (Good luck to the grand winner!)

I've just recently typed up a outline for this year's entry although... I do wish Blizzard would allow second submissions. But its understandable the reviewer probably no doubt clear out hundreds of documents that hardly meet the contest's quantification and of decent writing quality.
I'm going to try to enter. Though, Aradan actually has a decent chance at winning.
honestly, who uses a typewriter nowadays?
08/16/2011 10:41 AMPosted by Razzola
Or better yet, who dreams of typewriters?

You'd be surprised.
I'm Gonna enter that original lore I made in 2008 after I beat the Sc 1 campaign. The story of what happened after the Amerigo blew up. That is also an rp I made, But I'm gonna enter the original one I wrote because I got bored. (I will add so many tweaks...)
Blue cherrys feel like typewriters on mechanical keyboards.

"You sit at your typewriter, ..." + "We require that all submissions be in .DOC format" = ????

This
Somebody help me!
Could someone explain why this contest is not open to:

"RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, CONNECTICUT, OR MARYLAND IN THE UNITED STATES; THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA; OR THE AUSTRALIAN STATE OF VICTORIA OR QUEENSLAND, OR THE AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY ("ENTRANTS")." (from the official rules)

Lol they hate Canada? ...and North Dakota?
This sounds fun.

Time to get busy typing.

*Edit* After looking over the rules I noticed this.
IS THE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, MEXICO, CHILE, ARGENTINA, COLOMBIA, VENEZUELA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, SINGAPORE, FRANCE, BELGIUM, THE UNITED KINGDOM, LUXEMBOURG, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SWEDEN, FINLAND, DENMARK, NORWAY, SPAIN, IRELAND, RUSSIA, THE NETHERLANDS, AND SOUTH KOREA WHO ARE: (i) AT OR OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH THAT THE ENTRANT SUBMITS AN ESSAY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES TO SPONSOR TO ENTER THE CONTEST; AND (ii) NOT RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, CONNECTICUT, OR MARYLAND IN THE UNITED STATES; THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA; OR THE AUSTRALIAN STATE OF VICTORIA OR QUEENSLAND, OR THE AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY ("ENTRANTS").

I'm sad and very confused now.
Edited by Cookies on 8/17/2011 11:56 AM PDT
@Ryno

There are laws and such restricting or limits those states and territories from entry to any contest.
I'm going to try to enter. Though, Aradan actually has a decent chance at winning.

Thanks a ton Vultureling! :D I've actually just submitted my final revision of 'Despair'.

Also, best of luck with your submissions.
Edited by Aradan on 8/18/2011 12:37 PM PDT
IS THE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, MEXICO, CHILE, ARGENTINA, COLOMBIA, VENEZUELA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, SINGAPORE, FRANCE, BELGIUM, THE UNITED KINGDOM, LUXEMBOURG, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SWEDEN, FINLAND, DENMARK, NORWAY, SPAIN, IRELAND, RUSSIA, THE NETHERLANDS, AND SOUTH KOREA WHO ARE: (i) AT OR OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH THAT THE ENTRANT SUBMITS AN ESSAY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES TO SPONSOR TO ENTER THE CONTEST; AND (ii) NOT RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, CONNECTICUT, OR MARYLAND IN THE UNITED STATES; THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA; OR THE AUSTRALIAN STATE OF VICTORIA OR QUEENSLAND, OR THE AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY ("ENTRANTS").

I believe that it is saying that every province in Canada other than the province of Quebec, Canada is allowed to enter.
Edited by Icywizard on 8/18/2011 7:52 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]