Model Swap Question

Hello. today, I have a question about model swapping.

I added event which alter model of units at the "event in Actor sector"
actually, it works well.
However, when the unit is killed by others, the death animation is still same as the base unit.
I would like to change this death animation to the proper one.
or it seems a bit ridiculous that the unit is marine but when it dies the death animation is War pig.

Could someone tell me how to solve this problem?
Reply Quote
If you want to have a unit use both the marine and warpig models then you need to use the "Death Custom" actor message. Add a special death to the "Custom Death" field in the data entry for the actor. Set the model equal to the alternative death model you want, and then set the name to something representative of the alternative death (like AltMarine).

After that, send the message "Death Custom" and use the name you entered for the custom death (AltMarine). This will tell the actor to use the special death instead of its normal one.
Reply Quote
Thank you for your advice.
I tried to set it and seems does not work.

Firstly, I went to the actor and clicked the Combat Tab.
set a New Custom Death under "Zerg Small Unit Death" and Change Model to Medic death.
next, set "Name" to AltMarine.

After that I clicked Event Tab and Add Unit Death Custom. (Any) (Any)
Set Validator.
and at the last third line, I set Death Custom and set Sub Name to "AltMarine"
However, when the unit which have the behaviour which is set in validator has been killed,
the death animation still does not work properly.
I suppose that my setting might be wrong.

could you tell me where should I change?
Reply Quote
I did some testing today and it seems I led you astray. For some reason, it seems you need to use a built-in name for the custom death.

So, change the name of the custom death to "DarkProtoss" instead of AltMarine and the parameter of the message to "DarkProtoss".
Reply Quote
Thank you for testing.
I am going to try it and report it soon.
Reply Quote
Hello. today, I have a question about model swapping.

I added event which alter model of units at the "event in Actor sector"
actually, it works well.
However, when the unit is killed by others, the death animation is still same as the base unit.
I would like to change this death animation to the proper one.
or it seems a bit ridiculous that the unit is marine but when it dies the death animation is War pig.

Could someone tell me how to solve this problem?

Could you tell me how you altered the model? Cause I cant find a way to do it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]