Part One Of The Game Is DONE!!!

Ok you know that 'project' thread i made. Well it turns out it wasn't so hard to do. Just took a while. Heres the back information. The character is a female ghost operative (I named solar but if you can think of something bett plz do and part 2 will have the change.) She is assigned to infiltrate a pirate stronghold and place blow it with a Tac mini nuke for reasons unspecified.

How to play: If you are unfamiliar with notepad please go to your windows bar (or search programs) and find it. Your computer SHOULD have it. If not i am sorry. Then copy and paste the huge wall of text i am going to copy a paste onto the thread into your notepad. Hit save as and save it as InsertCoolNameHere.bat the .bat is important because without it it will not run. Have fun and please report any problems or questions.
Reply Quote
I am having problems with the 10000 character limit (yea sue me) so please be patient
Reply Quote
@echo off
:start1
color 2
goto :start
:Death
cls
color 4
echo you died... thats not a good thing...
pause >nul
set /p input=Would you like to restart?Y/N
if %input%==Y goto :start1
if %input%==N exit
echo Fine Then
pause >nul
exit
:start
echo CodeName: Solar (to continue press any button)
pause >nul
echo Gender: Female
pause >nul
echo Mission: Infiltrate the pirate base
pause >nul
echo Assigned Equipment- Covert Standard. 1 Tac nuke.
pause >nul
echo Status: En Route
pause >nul
cls
echo DoomerX presents...
pause >nul
echo .
echo .
echo .
echo A DoomerX production...
pause >nul
cls
echo DoomerX's Text Adventure Game! (I'm so creative with titles :3)
pause >nul
cls
color 7
echo This is D1, my ship is approaching the set coordinates.
pause >nul
echo I could land in the nearby canyon, but it would be a long haul to the base but god knows what i'll encounter. Or i could land down here though i might be spotted.
pause >nul
echo Here you have a set of choices. You can either land at your current position near the pirate base or go back and land in the cliffs. When a point like this arises youll see a number which will tell you how many options you have. Then you press any key and when all the options are shown there will be line of text with a ?. Once you see that type in the number corresponding with your choice.
pause >nul
echo 2
pause >nul
echo 1)Propel near the pirates base.
pause >nul
echo 2)Go back and land in the canyon.
pause >nul
set /p input= ?
if %input%==1 goto :1
if %input%==2 goto :2
echo A pirate spotted you and alerted the guards. They blasted you from the sky with AA canons.
pause >nul
goto :Death
:1
echo You land at the safest place closest to your position. However you are spotted by a patrol. You need to take them out!
pause >nul
echo Now this is a fight. It works the same as choosing options except... your fighting. Have fun!
pause >nul
goto :fight1-1
:fight1-1
echo They patrol sent one man to alert the pirates your here. Youll have to kill him before he can make it back. Youll also have to kill the rest of the patrol so they cant alert them either.
pause >nul
echo 2
pause >nul
echo 1Toss a shredder grenade and try to take out the group firing at you. You can catch up to the runner.
pause >nul
echo 2Use you c-16 canister rifle to snipe the runner. You can deal with the group after you stop them from alerting the base.
pause >nul
set /p input= ?
if %input%==1 goto :fight 1-1-1
if %input%==2 goto :ez
echo You sit there like an idiot and get yourself shot.
pause >nul
:fight 1-1-1
cls
echo You toss a shredder grenade decimating the group. Theres still the matter of the runner. You pull out your rifle snipe him.
pause >nul
goto :1.1
:ez
cls
color 4
echo You pull out your c-16 and snipe the runner. However a bullet skimmed your arm. You quickly take cover.
pause >nul
color 7
echo 2
pause >nul
echo 1Toss a shredder grenade.
pause >nul
echo 2Apply a med kit.
pause >nul
set /p input=?
if %input%==1 goto :badfight
if %input%==2 goto :broken
echo You get shot in the head
pause >nul
:badfight
echo You toss a shredder grenade which decimates the group. Now safe you apply a medkit and continue on.
pause >nul
:broken
echo You try to hurrily apply a med kit. As you inject it you feel much better. But you also see there is a live grenade next to you.
pause >nul
echo You scramble to get away from the blast radius but it's too late.
pause >nul
:1.1
echo You enter the ventilation shafts. And began crawling through. You overhear a conversation.
pause >nul
echo Marine- Our patrol wont answer on the radio. I tried all the assigned frequencies.
pause >nul
echo Marine2- Did you try uhhh 157?
pause >nul
echo Marine - Yes! They won't answer.
pause >nul
echo Marine2 - Huh... i'll organize a party to go look for them. If their out there gettin drunk i swear i'll kill 'em myself.
pause >nul
cls
echo Looks like your covers gonna be blown. At least you have some time. Better hurry up and get this done.
pause >nul
echo You check the buildings layout. You should be approaching the detonation site right about... now. Its directly below you. You can hear voices coming from inside the room but you can't make them out. You put your ear to the grate to see if you can get any intel.
pause >nul
echo .
pause >nul
echo .
pause >nul
echo .
pause >nul
pause >nul
echo Nothing, whatever you heard it's not making noise now.
pause >nul
:Imapotato
cls
echo 3
pause >nul
echo 1) Try to slip a miniature camera through the grate to get a fix on whats in there. You need to know what your up against.
pause >nul
echo 2) Slip a shredder grenade through the grate. No need to be subtle anymore they'll know your here soon.
pause >nul
echo 3) Set your rifle to burst fire and try to take hostages.
pause >nul
set /p input=?
if %input%==1 goto :Filler
if %input%==2 goto :Almost
if %input%==3 goto :End1
echo You try to decide when you hear a metallic voice. "Bio signs detected in the Q vents. Bio signs detected in the Q vents. Please evacuate Q while we take care of the problem." You wonder what that was when you realize it was talking about you. Right before you can take 2 steps the ventilation shaft fills with nuerotoxin killing you almost instantly.
pause >nul
echo "The problem has been resolved. For your cooperation I have sent a request to the kitchen for a cake to be delivered to all those who may have been onconvienced."
pause >nul'
:Almost
cls
echo You toss a shredder grenade down the vents. You wait for the boom when you realize... you forgot the charge it. "Frakk" you mutter as you look down into the vent. You see a thuggish looking person pick up the grenade and then look right up at you.
pause >nul
echo "Why hello there lass! What're you doin up there?" He says a little too carelessly then pulls out a pistol and shoots you.
pause >nul
echo This is NOT like a movie. The bad guys DO now how to shot guns.
pause >nul
:Filler
echo You slip a camera through the vent. What it sees is transmitted to your visor. There seems to be two figures in front of a screen displaying some thing called a "Scheezer Missle".
pause >nul
echo It can't be very good for the dominion. You better hurry up and blow the place,
Pause >nul
goto :Imapotato
:End1
echo You kick the grate out and jump down. You aim your gun at the two men in the room. Who oddly are not surprised by your arrival.
pause >nul
color 9
cls
echo "Under authority of the Dominion you are under arrest."
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Your Dominion authority has no place here girl!"
pause >nul
cls
color 9
echo "Who do you think you are to talk to a ghost of the dominion like that?"
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo ...
pause >nul
echo I am Alan Scheezer! The greatest pirate to ever live... *looks at the screen* and the master mind of this beauty!"
pause >nul
cls
color 9
echo "Ha! Scheezer died years ago when he tried to tame a zerg cerebrete. The dominion destroyed both the protoss and your zerg to stop his mad plan!"
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "I believe you are not here to tell me my past, little girl. But tell me, do you really believe your dominion generals?"
pause >nul
cls
color 9
echo . . .
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Ah, i thought so. You see my girl here in my domain i tell everyone the truth. I'm sure i could use someone of your skill. Care to join?"
pause >nul
cls
color 7
echo 2
pause >nul
echo 1) Join Scheezer
pause >nul
echo 2) Stay on mission
pause >nul
set /p input=?
if %input%==1 goto :Betrayel
if %input%==2 goto :Capture.1
color 9
echo . . .
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo Hm. A quiet one? Activate the electric traps.
pause >nul
goto :Capture
:Betrayel
cls
color 9
echo "Alright 'Scheezer'. I'll join you. Just what exactly are you planning?"
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Im glad you asked my dear..."
pause >nul
goto :Betrayed
:Capture.1
cls
color 9
echo "I'm a dominion ghost 'Scheezer'. I'll never betray my superiors."
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "That is a shame my dear."
goto :Capture
:Capture
csl
color 8
echo "Activate the electric floor!"
pause >nul
color 7
echo Electricity jumps from the floor and shocks you unconcious... the last thing you hear is "Lets see if being caged like an animal changes her mind."
pause >nul
goto :Captured
:Betrayed
echo Congratulations! You got the betrayel ending. Go to the forums and tell me how it was! Also if you want to affect the next part post 1675 in the forums and 1 vote will go for the text adventure to continue from here.
pause >nul
set /p input= Also if you want a fiesta type 'y' and hit enter!
if %input%==y goto :Fiesta
exit
:Fiesta
cls
echo F
color 1
echo I
color 2
echo E
color 3
echo S
color 4
echo T
color 5
echo A
color 6
goto :Fiesta
:Captured
echo Congratulations! You got the captured ending. Go to the forums and tell me how it was! Also if you want to affect the next part post 9786 in the forums and 1 vote will go for the text adventure to continue from here.
pause >nul
exit
Edited by iMoDoomerX on 8/18/2011 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
:2
cls
color 7
echo You land in the canyons and get out.
pause >nul
echo You check where the base is and begin to walk in that direction.
pause >nul
echo As your walking you pass a cave. You hear shouts from it and decide to investigate.
pause >nul
echo As you go down you see a firebat firing down a cavern... filled with zerglings!
pause >nul
cls
color 4
echo BURN SUCKERS BUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRN!!!!
pause >nul
color 7
cls
echo A hydralisk unburrows right in front of the firebat and is about to slice him in two with his claws when a concussive grenade goes straight into its roaring mouth blasting it right open.
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Hell yea" A marauder walks up to the hydralisk body. "How do you like that ya !@#$%es. Hey Pete! Ya can start mining again."
pause >nul
echo "Heeey whats a pretty little thing like you doing down here?"
pause >nul
cls
color 9
echo "What are you doing down here?"
pause >nul
cls
color 4
echo "Diggin for mins. There should be thousands down here."
pause >nul
cls
color 2
echo " HAHAHAAAA I FOUND SOME GOLD!!!... mins..."
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Aw hell yea."
pause >nul
cls
color 7
echo The marauder and firebat walk off. You, now curious follow them to where a man in an SCV suit has dug up a small amount of golden minerals.
pause >nul
echo Then the ground starts to rumble. Zerg pop up everywhere.
pause >nul
cls
color 4
echo "Guess these guys didn't get enough last time"
pause >nul
cls
color 7
echo The firebat and marauder began to attack the incoming zerg but will soon be overrun without help. The man in the SCV suit (you guess the before mentioned pete) begins to dislodge the minerals but the further along he gets the more zerg attack him and his drill can do so much.
pause >nul
echo 2
pause >nul
echo 1)Defend Pete. The marauder and firebat will be overrun but not as fast as the SCV.
pause >nul
echo 2)Toss a shredder grenade down the cavern where the zerg are now coming. You can deal with the ones in here later.
pause >nul
echo 3)Help fight off the zerg. If you don't deal with the ones in here your dead for sure.
pause >nul
set /p input=?
if %input%==1 goto :scvrush
if %input%==3 goto :Overwhelming
if %input%==2 goto :nydus1
echo A hydralisk spine hits you in teh faces.
pause >nul
:scvrush
echo You rush to help Pete. After blasting a few zerglings away from him you look back at the other two guys. They just were overwhelmed and theres aparrently more then you originally thought. You set your gun to burst fire and prepare to fight them off. The ground below begins to rumble.
pause >nul
:overwhelming
echo A zergling leaps at the marauder mouth open wide. The marauder shoves his canon arm into the zerglings mouth and into the ground, firing and making a fountian of zerg blood. Then a zergling pounces on his back. You blast it off.
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Thanks"
pause >nul
cls
color 7
echo You toss a shredder grenade and take out a massive number of zerglings. The zerg seem to have stopped for now.
pause >nul
cls
color 4
echo "Hey pete, you ok?... pete?"
pause >nul
cls
color 7
echo Everyone looks over to where pete was mining. All that was over there now was a bloody scv shell.
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Damn bugs..."
pause >nul
cls
color 9
echo "Sure, sad do you guys have a base camp of any sort?"
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Yea, we better be going back to it before any more show up."
pause >nul
cls
color 7
echo You arrive at their poor excuse of a base camp. They have a rudimentary comm system which they probably use to contact their employer. The marauder walks up to it.
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Base this s op 6 come in, base this is op 6 come in... base? Hey you asshats this isn't funny petes dead so come the frakk in. Damnit all the zerg tunneling must have knocked wires lose. And pete's the only one who could fix it."
pause >nul
cls
color 9
echo "I could try." You volunteer. But after a half hour or so of fiddling with it you've got nothing. The systems too old. She didn't know anything about this kind of comm.
pause >nul
echo "Damn its too old i can't figure it out."
pause >nul
cls
color 4
echo "heh, if were stuck here we could use your help."
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Yeah, mind tagging along for a little while?"
pause >nul
:grr
cls
color 7
echo 2
pause >nul
echo 1)Stay focused on your mission.
pause >nul
echo 2) Stay with these two.
pause >nul
set /p input=?
if %input%==1 goto :jump
if %input%==2 goto :stuck
goto :grr
:jump
echo You explain your busy and leave those two. While walking away you hear zerg shrieks and human screams coming from where you just left.
pause >nul
echo Trying not to think about it you push onward towards the pirate base which has just come in view. You drop down a shredder grenade to take out a patrol and approach a vent.
pause >nul
:stuck
cls
echo You decide these guys need help.
pause >nul
cls
color 9
echo "Sure you guys need the help anyways."
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "Well since were all here together might as learn each others names...
pause >nul
goto :Abandoned
:Abandoned
cls
color 7
echo Congratulations! You got the Abandoned ending. Go to the forums and tell me how it was! Also if you want to affect the next part post 0098 in the forums and 1 vote will go for the text adventure to continue from here.
pause >nul
exit
:nydus1
cls
color 7
echo With their reinforcements gone the marauder and firebat easily mop up the remaining zerg.
pause >nul
echo The ground below you starts to rumble but before you can react a miniature nydus worm bursts from under you its teeth getting a quick bite on your stomach then a claw comes out of it and pierces your leg.
pause >nul
echo You scream in pain but the marauder and firebat are able to kill the damn thing before it can do any worse. You began to fall unconcious due to blood loss. The last words you hear are...
pause >nul
cls
color 8
echo "^-*!! Get her back to the base! We can't help her out here!"
pause >nul
cls
color 7
echo Before fading into darknes...
pause >nul
echo Congratulations! You got the Abandoned ending. Go to the forums and tell me how it was! Also if you want to affect the next part post 0098 in the forums and 1 vote will go for the text adventure to continue from here.
pause >nul
exit
Edited by iMoDoomerX on 8/18/2011 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Gonna wait for someone else to test it.
Reply Quote
Haha dont worry it works, i did a basic test right before posting it. :)
Reply Quote
I'm impressed.

But there's a line of code that errors.

echoThe firebat and marauder began to attack the incoming zerg but will soon be overrun without help. The man in the SCV suit (you guess the before mentioned pete) begins to dislodge the minerals but the further along he gets the more zerg attack him and his drill can do so much.

Find the error.
Reply Quote
Thanks Nuparu. It should be fixed now. :)
Reply Quote
It doesn't work for me. When I click it the windoe opens up but then instacloses and a file called nulecho pops up....
Reply Quote
ummm
i have no idea what that is... im googling nulecho right now...

The only responese are for some Nu Echo inc. im sorry but i cant help you there maybe you pasted it wrong
Edited by iMoDoomerX on 8/18/2011 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so how do I do this? do I put a space between the postd or what?? anything else I need to know??
Reply Quote
Also how do Iplay this (computer nub sorries)
Reply Quote
Just copy and paste it into a notepad. It should work well but since i had to seperate it this is how it should look

exit
:2

Thats the only way you could mess it up unless you miss a few letters but you should be fine :)
Reply Quote
It explains this in the top thing. You save it as Blahblahblah.bat and then you just double click on the file and it should oprn.
Reply Quote
daaaw no text adventure for me.
Reply Quote
Wait how do i open this up and play it?
Reply Quote
Oh i see. When i copy pasted that it went like this-
fhaskhdfslakcnh kulfhenuchamdfcfhsklfhcjfnhaskjfhdskjfhaskjfchdskjfhdskjfhdskjfhdskjfhskjfhdskjfhdsjfhdskjfhdskjfhdskjfhsjfhdskjfhdsjfhskdfjhdskcmdemafxi (...)

will i have to press enter that many times?
Reply Quote
@chesty
You just double click on the file....

@wfawwer

I just tried it and it works fine. Are you sure your copy pasting in a notepad file and you added .bat at the end of the name?

ie- Txt.bat
Reply Quote
no i need step by step instructions, i dont know where notepad is i used search and nothing came up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]